Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not another damn A coupe!!! Yup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoneWolfNoCLub, Apr 9, 2010.

1. WELL, I got it!!!! After 29 years of lusting after a 30-31 5 window (I like em even better than 32-34's, thats JMO!) I finally scored one. I had been hording parts recently, but I came across a fair deal on a running, driving original car and I couldnt pass it up. I know I couldnt scrounge up half of the parts I still needed to duplicate it for the price, so I bought it. I loved these cars long before it was "cool" (well, its always been cool, but it got mainstream "cool" in the last 5 years or so!) and I am as happy as a kid in a candy store!! The owner had no less than about 5-7 A's, 2 coupes, a tudor sedan, a victoria, a pickup, and his latest project, a 34 sedan, with 59AB power. The other fenderless coupe I think had 21 stud power (it was too dark in there, and my boner for the car I bought was blinding me) The tudor had a banger, my car has a banger, and there were lots of flatties in different stages of disassembly..... You would think maybe this was an old man's garage, but the owner is 38 years old, and adefinite hotrodder!! Oh, he also has a 36 chevy, with a nailhead and 6 strombergs!

My only plans are to bring it down from the clouds, as It needs to come down for looks, and I am paralyzed and in a wheelchair as I have stated in about every post so far LOL! In another thread, we are working out the details of how to make it driveable AS A STICK CAR, without the use of my legs. I know I can put a C-4 in it, but i just spent all my money, and those adapters are godawful expensive. I like a good engineering challenge! I left it up to the owner which wheels he was gonna leave on it when I take it home, it may have the 40's on it, or it may have the wires that are on the fenderless coupe. I have no plans for paint. If I ever did, I think i would brush-paint it, just like they did 50 years ago. Although I am a FENDERLESS rod kinda guy, I do like the way it looks with the stock fenders on it, but they will most likely have to go, as I dont think there is anyway I can possibly make the transfer from my wheelchair to the car. (when it is actually low enough for me to get into) With the runnning boards on it.

One of the coolest things that comes with the car, is a bill of sale from 1956 for $50!!!!!!!!!! Also a registration from 1958.

The passenger side fender has a shoddy repair up towards the front, and the step part of the runnning board is long gone, both on the passenger side. There is a spot along the lower rear of the car, at the bottom, that is rotted out. What is this area called? I dont even think that piece is part of the body. The car has the most solid doors I have ever seen. It needs a drivers side window and regulator. Anybody got a regulator they want to sell?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another coupe, parked in front of mine, had flatty power, looked right out of 1940![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A's everywhere! Sorry about the last blurry pic, and all the rest, I cant take very good pics from only 4 feet off of the ground with a camera phone!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank You for looking!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!!

Take Care, James

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. Just Jones

Just Jones

Way to go, brother. Very cool score.

3. Thank You! Its in DAMN fine shape for a michigan car!

James

4. right on man!

5. alleyoop

alleyoop

nice you will getter done

6. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Looks good, keep us posted on your progress!

7. Cool score dude!! And thanks for not including pics of your boner. Lots of cool rides in that barn!

8. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Nice Im happy for you

9. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Congrats man, drop it and drive it!

10. cruzr

cruzr

nice beginning

11. lone wolf....I like you dude. You got fucking heart...But I hate you too, that thing is sweet.:D Like way sweet.:cool: I'm totally jealous. I should have bought a complete car.:(:p

what happened to the other A you had?

12. hemifarris

hemifarris

Mac's Antique Auto Parts sells repop window regulators for
    $34.00. Go to www.macsautoparts.com . Their phone number is 1-800-777-0948. I've got a bunch of original Model A's myself that have been stored inside since the early 60's.......Mike

Attached Files:

• yb.jpg
      yb.jpg
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
  13. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Congrats! nice car.

14. That is cool! I also like Mod A's more than '32-'34 Fords (Also just my opinion) You should leave the banger in there those are some cool ass motors. I would just paint her.

15. fitzee

fitzee

Very cool car.As for putting a C4 in it,why not leave it standard?I know your in a chair but a guy up her rigged up a brake booster to a hydraulic clutch and made it much like a bike. I figure mount the clutch leaver off the shifter.Hay, You wanted a challenge!! Keep up posted on the build.

16. forty1

forty1

congrats, _ I can see your smile from here !
    -41-

17. Doug B

Doug B

Cool car....I like the brush paint idea,too! Keep the pics coming.

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Before anyone else jumps on you all Model A coupes are 5 window so calling it a 5window is kinda redundant. Just call it a Model A coupe and everyone will know what your talking about.

Frank

19. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Congrats Man! Enjoy that thing, looks like a solid start! keep us posted with updates

20. TMoney

TMoney

Good score.

21. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

thats an awesome start , good luck on your project

22. Hitchiker, I had another A coupe roller about 3 or 4 years ago, had a mean chop to it, but the shittiest most mud-filled roof fill job I have ever seen, plus I was trying to finish a mustang project.... So I sold it to another HAMB'r...... I also just recently bought a 30-31 "Roadster pickup" body, sight-unseen, and well, it turned out to just be a pickup with the roof cutoff. Somebody could still make a RPU out of it, but I knew I would never be satisfied with it if it wasnt a coupe.... I need to get a coupe pics of it, but that will be for sale cheap very soon..... Has no doors, but rear of cab (cut just above beltline like RPU) and a nice cowl and firewall.... Somebody can do something with it.....

Thanks for all of the kind words guys, I greatly appreciate it!!!

James

23. daddylama

daddylama

nice looking coupe... and im with ya on liking them more than 32-24 fords :)

24. congrats! nice score, looks like that guy had a '53/'53 Pontiac in the shop as well

25. subdajj

subdajj

NIce score it is not bad for a Michigan car

26. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Congrats James! That coupe is in great shape.

27. adam401

adam401

That coupe is SOLID! Congrats and I'm jealous.

28. millrat

millrat
    from Central MA

Congrats! Beautiful car...can't wait to see your progress.

29. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I wish there were more guys like you that would trade a sweet 34 coupe for my 30 A Coupe.

30. -Brent-

-Brent-

So, what are the plans to fit hand controls?