Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally bagged the Caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LEEBO, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Well after lots of yelling and some smashing of hammers and heads the Caddys back on the road and closer to the ground..

I am a VERY happy man:D:D:D
    [​IMG]
    By jimmycadillac, shot with DMC-FS3 at 2010-04-05
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    By jimmycadillac at 2010-04-07

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

friggin killer ride and stance.

4. Boys n girls I'm loving it!!!! can drop it down all the way and still drive it in a straight line, high side action causes the l78s to scrape but I just turn the stereo up:D:D

5. Got a trophy on the day too!!!

Shame it was on the way home:mad:
    [​IMG]
    By jimmycadillac, shot with DMC-FS3 at 2010-04-05

6. 19chevy53

19chevy53
    from Nanaimo

Hells Yeah Thats 2kool

7. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

What's red, LOW and eats birds?

8. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Any pix of the set up?

9. Hey, lucky it wasn't an emu! The car looks great!
    Did that come from QLD?
    By the way, there's a bloke here in SA wrecking a "60 if you need a lens.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  10. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

lower is better, looks great.

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Dropped Caddies are always cool...nice car!

12. Nope, bought it in Tassie as a bone stocker 4 years ago, since then Ive been doing bits n bobs to her. The paint not as shiny as it looks apart from the roof which is pearl white (done a coupla weeks ago) Ive done mega miles in her including driving from Melbourne to Albany (for you yanks thats like LA to NY or close enough). Car was painted red in 1973 and is showing wear on the top of the guards, trim is scaled italian shoe leather, a little worn but beautifull:cool::cool::cool::cool:

13. Sorry too busy drinking beer, kept forgetting the camera. system is Airrde Technologies in Melbourne....Good guys to deal with, give them your business:D

A couple of glitches along the way but nothing too serious

14. sledish

sledish

Looks Bad Ass !

15. This shot in the carpark show the height abit better, as you can see shes LOW!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

16. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

looks go. what did you do with the rear? did you make a new four link or just lengthen the lower control arms? did you convert that top rear control arm to a ball joint? did you start a thread on the bag job?

17. No No and NO!!!

Re the rear all we did was grind off the original spring pearches top and bottom, and replaced it with the bags on new base plates, the cone of the top of the bag sits in the original position and the bottom has a bracing bar to spread the vehicle weight, even used the original shocks, and centre joint on the diff. Coil sring rears are easy for baggin. Up from we had to move the shock to the rear of the wishbone but it clears everything including the trailing arm..

On the weekend I sat on close to 90 miles an hour all the way home and she drives like a bought one!!

18. TMoney

TMoney

19. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Thats a winning combination. I just hope you start collecting a different kind of trophy.

20. Nah no shiny trophies for this bloke,I run a car show every year and one of the trophies is a marble base with a chrome tow ball and tiara attached.

If you turn up on a trailer your gunna win it....

The Caddys got tons of stonechips, there my trophies

21. Oh thats the "Trailer Queen" by the way

22. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

i see on my 59 i had to re do the whole rear cause they just replaced the springs with bags. the upper joint broke from stress and my drive shaft went out in a week. however the car was also laying body and was notched in the rear. i guess that last few inches makes a big diferance.

again the car looks killer got to love those big low caddies

23. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I like you more already!

24. Its all about the driving!!, having fun and taking the piss out of your fellow car fan!!!

Proofs in the pudding

90 miles an hour on cross plys kicking back listening to Brian Setzer:cool:
    [​IMG]
    By jimmycadillac, shot with DMC-FS3 at 2010-03-29

25. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Love your car, looks great all aired out! I am planning on bagging mine in the future but still saving up the funds for it. Must be hard driving form the wrong side of the car though...hahaha!

26. hey leebo thats the fuckin goods man,oh i'am so behind the times.....It probably drives much nicer than when i took it for a burl, that trophy looks .... well colourfull...
    How those stripes holdin up??.talk soon mate...

27. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

wont the white material on the inner wheel well get dirty, really quickly?

28. dirts another trophy of mine, that tuck n rolls been under there for over two years and alot of miles, If you look on the right hand saide Ive burnt a big ass furkin hole in it where the tyre grabbed:(

29. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

looks damned clean for two years. I like the look of it, just wondered about the practicality of it.

30. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Even a right hand drive conversion! Very cool ride, dig it! Just put dropped springs on my buddy's 60...looks incredible. Drive the hell out of it...well looks like you already do!