Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 poncho updates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shitbox2, Mar 7, 2010.

1. shitbox2

shitbox2

Haven't been on here much these days....my pontiac has been getting the treatment lately...right now she is down to all bare metal....I'm waiting for the new fatman stub with shockwaves to arrive!!!!!!.. then we will be in buisness ... also what kind of steering column should i get with the new stub...thanks for looking eric [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Sweet ride Bro! Keep us posted.

3. shitbox2

shitbox2

I have a few ?s...

* What is the best bang for the buck on frame mounted manual brake pedal and master cylinder?

* What kind of steering column should i use with this mustang 2 stub?

* whats the most reliable 12 volt wiring harness around?

Thanks alot Eric

4. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

I like it a lot. Looking forward to more updates for sure.

5. BEAR

BEAR

same here

6. shitbox2

shitbox2

thanks guys....Im trying to get it done at least by mid summer...I'm moving to chicago and will be working alot...so im trying to get it done

7. Orn

Orn

Sweet ride

8. Master of None

Master of None

9. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

If you want the interior to look likes 1948, just whack the end off the original column mast and splice on whatever rag joint, u-joint etc. that connects to your new front end. If you don't care about that, go to a pick your part yard and get an S-10 column.

Wiring harness' I can't reccomend one over another, I always do my own. never had a problem with one leaking smoke yet. Once a harness starts leaking smoke in one area, it will spread to the entire thing, and make a mess. The smoke should stay in the wires, not get out...

Brian

10. shitbox2

shitbox2

thanks brian....got the motor painted all blacked out under the hood and on the outside baremetal...thanks for looking

11. JAWS

JAWS

Glenn33 is a wiring harness guy, He has Rebel Wire. I have one of his kits that is destined to be in my 46 chev.

12. 75cj5

75cj5

Man that looks good. Keep the updates coming.

13. shitbox2

shitbox2

well i got the front clip from fatman and have the trunk done ...all the wiring is up to the Dash...Time to put the clip on!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Skirv

Skirv

We installed that same Fatmans frame stub in my Dad's 48 Pontiac. Ref the steering column, my Dad's isn't so HAMB friendly but he wasn't aiming for traditional. We used an Ididit column, 30" I believe.

15. shitbox2

shitbox2

Skirv.... how low did it sit when it was completed....also were there any things you would of done different if you did it again...im prolly gonna do a caddy steering column or something like that...thnks

16. Skirv

Skirv

This is how it sits. No bags here though, just coil-overs and two inch drop spindles (the stub is the same). I would imagine yours will be really low with the shockwaves. The installation went smoothly and the sheetmetal lined up as it was supposed to without modification to the Fatman frame stub. Right now, I can't think of anything I would have done differently during the process. Many thousands of trouble free miles since.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  17. shitbox2

shitbox2

well i welded up the frame and put the sheetmetal back on...now i just need to put the suspension on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]