Register now to get rid of these ads!

well OT but my niece has been critically injured!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulatxntric, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Its always bad but a 10yr. old....Wow........prayers going up.

2. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Power to her. Let us know how she is doing.

3. Paul, let me know if there's anything we can do. I know she is with family, so at least its not on a vacation thousands of miles from home.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Prayers sent for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery.

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Prayers up for a speedy recovery ..

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

What a shame - Giving her some thoughts right now .

7. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Saying a prayer for her. Hang in there......

8. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

.....askin the big guy for some help here. Keep the faith.

9. 48fordor

48fordor
    from York, PA

Here as well.

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

So sorry to hear about this accident. Prayers from Indiana...

11. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Nancy and I will pray for her, god speed

12. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Prayers help in this time ,I will have her in my prayers tonight.

13. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

14. bluestang67

bluestang67

Her recovery will be swift and quick . God is looking after her .

15. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My sister fractured her skull the same way when she was a kid.. Scariest time of my life. But, she pulled through, your niece will too! Were pullin for her :)

16. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

You're never alone, God is always there.

17. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Very sorry to hear about your neice. She is in my prayers.

18. dutched32

dutched32

All the best to her and your family,and she is in my prayers

19. fbama73

fbama73

Prayers and well wishes!

20. Blastwave

Blastwave
    from AZ

Sorry to hear about this. Prayers Kept me alive when i was injured happy to do what i can.

21. solid

solid

she is in our thoughts, and prayers.

22. Thanks to you all and for the messages people have left on caring bridge...
    Lauren has swelling on the brain and the docs think the swelling has peaked so should be in to a slow recovery, it's only when the is bought out of the coma they will know the extent of any brain injury and then they can start to plan the surgery to fix her leg too

Thanks Dave for the offer of help too...if any is needed I'll get back to you

23. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Paul,
    6 years ago on May 6th, my wife, daughter and nephew were in an automobile accident. We lost my nephew at the scene, my wife and daughter both were not expected to survive. They were both flown by helicopter to the hospital where my wife had to be resuscitated 3 times over a 6 day period. My daughter, 9yo. at the time, had a massive closed head injury and was in a coma for four days. Her skull was fractured from her left eye socket all the way around the back, to within 1/4" from the base. Once she came out of the coma, they told me she more than likely would not hvae full motor skills, nor would she have full mental capacity. She had also severe nerve damage in her leg, causing what is called "drop foot", where she could not pick up her foot as she wold move her leg when walking, causing a severe limp.
    My daughter had been in gynmastics since she was 3, and the doctors told me that she not only would not be able to do gymnastics ever again, she probably would not be able to run and would have a limp for the rest of her life.

Very long story short, my wife spent 28 days in critical care unit, and 8+ months in rehab and is probaly 80% to this day. My daughter spent 18 days in the childrens medical center, then on to rehab center for 3 weeks. She then spent the next year not only doing rehab, but getting back into the gym and working with her friends in gymnastics. She had to wear a special leg brace for 4 months, and she wore a helmet when performing the vault, bars, and beam routines for a year. At her last(1 year after the accident) meeting with her doctors and the neurosurgeon who covered her brain and nerve conditions, she was cleared to perform competative gymnastics!!! Her main doctor told her/us that my daughter prooved medical science wrong, and that she was truely blessed. Now, I'd say she is more than 100%!!! She does have a little bit of flexability problems in her hips, but other than that if you met her today you would never know what she went through. She turned 15 Feb. 14th, and still competes competitivly in gymnastics, runs track, plays tennins and loves to sing. She is a miracle...so I know first hand miracles can and do happen.

I'm not the most religious person by far, but I do think there is a higher power, and with his help/blessings, anything can happen. The doctors have to tell us the worse case scenarios...they have to in case it happens, but what they say is not what always happens. The young ones can go through some amazing trama and come out without any problems. It is amazing what the human body can endure... Heres to you, your niece, and all of the family and friends. Keep the hopes up... I'm sorry for the long post, but wanted to share my experience/story with you to let you know that the worst does not always happen.

Thoughts and prayers sent.

Sincerely, Al Larsen
    a.k.a. 333 Half Evil

24. Truckedup

Truckedup

thoughts for a full recovery!!!

25. thoughts and prayers from here as well. 333 what a great post, congrats to your family.

26. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

You've got thoughts and well wishes here as well. Hope all come out well, keep us posted.

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel for you, and I send my sympathies to her parents. Its a terrible thing to have a child injured like that, I see it most every day at work.
    Rest assured that she is lucky to be in THE worlds leading country for trauma care.

Its sad but recently there has been many child injuries recently, one of my greatest friends from the Army's son was flown down to us today (I work in Emergency at Royal Brisbane Womans Hospital, Qld leading trauma center)with a massive Brain Tumor. She is pretty upset but I got to see her at least today.
    Another friend of the family's was in a car accident a few days ago, right now she has lost all shape and form to her face. They need to wait for swelling to go down before they can d any re-constructive work.
    Finally another Army mate was wounded in Afghanistan, I still don't know anything other than that as yet.

28. we are jut waiting for todays update....
    the pressure in her head is stabilising..it's not good but the doctors think it has passed it's peak. They have also started to wean Lauren off the paralysing drugs in prep for bringing her out of the coma, this means she has moved on her own for the 1st time in a week and has been squeezing her brother's hand. It is gona be a long job though and she's gona be in intensive care for 2-3 weeks more and then an "extended" hospital stay.

Thanks for all the messages of support team..and I'm sure the prays have helped

Paul

29. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

You got it! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

30. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thats good news ,thanks for the update. prayers for her

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.