Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real barn find! About time!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Aug 12, 2009.

1. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

drop the back alittle, drive it. It's bitchin

2. olskool34

olskool34

Yeah Troy, that is exactly what I was thinking. Let me know, I'd appreciate it.

3. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

That's a gorgeous looking car. Something makes me say it looks "proud" sitting on it's new rollers. I hope I look that good at 80. HaHa

4. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

That looks great man! What size tires are you running?

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

that car looks cooool i like it

6. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Duh, where is the linkage to the rear carb, maybe it's the picture

7. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

I LOVE this thing just as it is.

8. Slorolnlow

Slorolnlow
    from Florida

Man,that's a testament for being built to last huh?As cool as that is,I'd have a hard time keeping the torch and the big hammer away from her.

9. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

That car is badass. I love what you did with it - I wouldn't touch it!

Mike

10. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks guys, I'm going to hop up the banger and install the 39 trans and that's about it. I do have a f-1 steering column and box which might go in but that will be later this spring. The tires I am running are Firestone 7.50 in the rear and 6.00 up front. I love the look of the car now. Before it was just a stock A but now she looks like she has some attitude. This is the car I always wanted since I was a little kid and I am so happy I finally have her.

11. solid

solid

Good for you. It sure does look a little meaner. Love it.

12. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Man, you ARE so lucky....that is my dream and you're doing the very same changes that I would of made...you THE man!!

13. Tank

Tank

Sweet car man! I do like it!

14. Very nice!!!! Great find!

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

That car is freaking ideal! Absolutely perfect. I love it.

16. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have to agree.They are not making any more of those and there are plenty out there less complete and ready to cut up.

17. Where did you find it?

James

18. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Just wow... Nicely done.

19. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

It's looking great - I did the same thing and swapped my original rims/tires for '35 Ford wires, but I went the wide white route. I think the black rims and tires look really good on your car. That has to be one of the cleanest "A"s on the road in Michigan (I grew up in Cleveland and know what that environment does to old tin). I also pulled the bumpers, went to a downdraft 97, put in an FSI distributor and a 6V Carter pump (tucked in the frame rail). I haven't dropped my front end yet and haven't gotten around to the juice brake conversion yet either but I have the parts in my garage. Your car looks awesome - keep us posted.

20. 1933ROADSTER

1933ROADSTER
    from El Paso

Beautiful car! Hope I find a car like that someday! Congrats!

21. logride

logride
    from CB IA

That's being at the right place at the right time, and being ready when the oppurtunity is there. It's for sure cool enough to be stock. very cool

22. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Nice the wire and tires did give it an attitude, a little hop up on the banger and your set, that is nice.
    Short story, a fellow here on the left coast found one like that only black when new with faded and gone paint but 100% there got er running and brings it to the car shows, he's about half nuts,as am I,and as I'm tooling past him last year I look down and there is an old I mean old mirror with the silver flaking off under the engine so you can see the bottom of it, hes watching me and we both bust out laughing, he says I even found a mirror almost as old as the car, hell the rodders do it so I can too, too good.

23. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks guys, I really am stoked about this car. I enjoyed it last year as a stocker after getting it to run correctly and it was fun. The brakes are staying, I know some of you are really against that but they work perfect and it stops great. Bumpers are staying on it, I like them. The rear is a front bumper that I picked up locally and swapped out when I took the spare off the back. 39 trans is going in this week/weekend and then the head/intake/header and she will be done. I do want to get the seat redone as someone covered it in black vinyl in the 50's and it just doesn't look right with the reat of the interior. It is by far the cleanest model A I have ever seen, the bottom of the car is still black. I will post some underside photos for you guys.

24. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

sweet. congratulations!!!!!

25. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

great find..............

26. donnymopar

donnymopar
    from MI

Terrific Car! Thanks for showing me the hands on tour of it. It's always nice to meet new hospitable hot rodders.

27. NM3

NM3

I like your thinking, simple clean little sleeper.

28. sonim38

sonim38

that cross on the car door was cool!!! you should have left it!!!

29. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

Before dropping it might help to see it as it might be so I dropped it a little in the back for you in photoshop so you can stand back and scratch your chin. I actually rotated the car as well (around the middle) so the rear would come down but the front would stay (almost) where it is.

[​IMG]

30. olskool34

olskool34

Sorry to bring up such an old post but plans for my old 29 are in the works. I have driven this car for the last 5 years as it was in this last pic (not photo shopped) minus trim rings that are on it now. I found an old axle in the woods this past fall and found some pieces that I was looking for.

The axle was a 33 and all I could save were the perch pins and spindles due to it being all welded together. I just picked up a 34 axle and a T rear spring so the front end will go about an inch lower and the rear about 4. I have been working on projects and this car has always been my driver so I thought the old girl needed a new stance.

I will post updates as I go. Working on my T is also going to speed up too. Thanks for spring like weather!!