Register now to get rid of these ads!

airbags ,whats the difference

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasolinedeniz, Mar 3, 2010.

1. there are so many diffrent bags out there. the only rule i know is the larger the bag as less psi it needs but you noew the room problem...
    So what do you guys think about this one for example
    the 2400 on this page
    http://www.airbagit.com/v/vspfiles/pages/AirBags_PAGE.htm
    for example the 2600 has a higher psi ratin but is nearl the duoble diameter.
    And what exactly means psi rating ?
    questins over questions.....

2. Diavolo

Diavolo

I do know that the shockwave brand is a bag (spring) and shock combined. They come in two styles, depending on the load. Double convolute provide a progressive spring rate (better for front) and the sleeves are not progressive, more for the rear end which is lighter, comparatively. Don't grill me if I got it wrong, but I was just reading an article about it.

3. yonahrr

yonahrr

This may be dumb but if you're wearing you shoulder strap and belt why do you need a bag? Except that maybe you might prevent whiplash.
    Jerry
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. hohoho the old one :)
    but this are good infos for start so far

5. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

First the PSI rating is the maximum amount of PSI the bag is rated for.

Next is the LBS rating. That is the weight that that bag will carry and if you do a search you will see another topic that explains it very well.

Mainly if you read the other topic you will read how to select the right bag for your car.

6. Jerry, they are talking suspension air bags, not crash bags

7. i didSo i search again a search , i did about 100 searches to tell the truth but i did not find what i was looking for.

8. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

9. bibb86

bibb86

slam specialties makes the best if you ask me. I used it in my 31 and they are much better than the firestones i had on my last ride. little but more money but totaly worth it

10. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

if you got $ the best ride combo with a smaller bag at lower presure is as follows

slamspecialties xs-6 in the front
    conti tec 2500 4 ply in the rear

thats 600 bucks in 4 bags thow
    this is whats in the fuck you 54
    my wifes car 64 catalina
    and my daughters car 66 boniville
    and all the cars we build
    in my opionion there AINT abetter ride comb and ive ran them all in our cars and we drive the shit out of our cars and drive distance

slampecialties and contec are the best bags out there

i stped running firstone bags in cars 7 years ago in my opion the cost more and you get less

11. first off never buy from airbagit.com they are horrible!

buy from suicidedoors.com, much better company...if you go any mini truck forum and search AIM, AirBagIt, or Chasis Tech (all the same company) you'll find pages and pages of bad experiences with their company

second, I've had good luck with Air Lift Dominator 2600 bags..great price and a great product..they are a little bigger but you can always go with the 2500's those are very nice as well..for 4 Air Lift Dominator 2500's your looking at about $200

PSI is how much pressure your running in your bags and system, some people will use a pressure switch that shuts off around 145-150psi others 165-175psi but for mine I usually run it 200 PSI because I have a heavy car and I need more air pressure to lift the car

12. There are two #2400 on that page, I assume you are talking about the one at the top of the page, right side. Just so everyone is talking about the same thing.

13. wow this is now the help i was looking for ,for months ,thanks a lot bros!! I ordered 4 connectors yesterday night at airbagit. With ups expres i need this damn thingsin the next 2 days i hope it works out.
    @hotrod 1940 No i was talking about the second 2400 with this tripple design. If it holds wht they promisse it mus be great and only 4.5 inches wide so you could put it in as good nearly any stock susspension

14. big information in the other topic thanks a lot 58 Delpala and Gambino of course too

15. yonahrr

yonahrr

Suspension bags!! Never mind. Note to self. Stop drinking.
    Jerry
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

x2

I like them as well.

17. Never2low

Never2low

Just PM Kustombuilder, he is the officianado on the subject. He'll send you down the right path.

18. 6berry

6berry

im going with air lift 2500 and 2600's in my car but if i had the money i would get contitech or slam. i would say do not buy from airbagit. i looked at their bags and the looked completely chinese and the names ares complete knockoffs of real bag names. slam'r...denominator

19. smart man, airbagit's bags are super cheap and will blow easy

20. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

the air lift dominators are a great bag for the price. replaced an older model of air lift bags in my fleetwood with the 2500s out back, it was like night & day. as far as airbagit.com goes, i've never dealt with them, prolly cuz i've never heard anything good about them. i've always dealt with http://www.airassisted.com/ they install what they sell so they're really knowledgable & helpful.

21. so far airbagit.com s service is fast recived my parts that i ordered yesterday this morning ,in basel switzerland :)

22. okay yesterday i took the dominator 2600 bags out and put the slam specialities xs-6 bags in it . And i am not so happy with it. Probably my 53 lincoln is simply to heavy for it. It needs around 100 psi to lift the car to a rideable level. But and thats important the bags a real great they do not ballooning at all, what my dominator bags did a lot. Around 1.5 inch at 75psi.As it seems the best thing for my lincoln would be the xs- 7 but now i wonder if i realy need a xs bag . I dont wanna hop with the car or so . I think a He-7 or even Re-7 bag would do the job as well to a lot better price. What do you guys think ?
    Thanks for all the help so far :)

23. never heard of them before so checked out their site, wow! they are pretty pricey on just about everything

24. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Slam Specialties Re7's are the best on the market. Not only do Slam bags not ballon like others they also have internal bumpstops. If your car is too heavy step up to the Re7 's. I have them on my Cadillac and so far they're great.

25. SLEDLORD

SLEDLORD
    from OC

Slam specialties bags are the best for the dollar. I bougth a kit from Rick at exk to bagged my 50 mercury and it came with Re 7's for the front and rear. It now drives fucking better than it did before it was bagged.

26. personally the air lift dominators are the best too me, I've never had a single problem with them and I have friends who were running the slam bags and now have switched to the air lift bags...I guess everybody is just diffrent on how they see things, personally I havent used slam bags on any of my cars so I cant say if they are good or not, can just go by what I've heard..but I do know they are more expensive the air lifts

27. dont get me wrong, the airlifts are great ,but do not fit my car. thats the point

28. yeah I see what you mean, the 2500's should fit fine but the 2600's are a little bigger, they work for a big car like my caddy but not on smaller or average size cars

29. Blam

Blam

This made me laugh.

30. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Your biggest mistake was using XS bags. they are 600 PSI rated so it means it takes more PSI to make the bag move in the first place. Unless you really wanna run more then 250PSI i suggest the new SS-7 bags. I promise that the car will lift with much less then 100PSI. Ideally a comfortable ride pressure should be around 80 in the front.