Register now to get rid of these ads!

hubcap fitment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trialbyfire, Mar 12, 2010.

1. trialbyfire

trialbyfire

got a set of 57 caddy hubcaps and want to run them on my 53 chevy any one know of a wheel that would work. hubcaps have a deep dish that will not clear stock rims by a mile. lol

2. trialbyfire

trialbyfire

anybody with a 57 caddy that can show me some pictures of the oem wheels so i at least know what they looked like or maybe some dimensions????

3. junkjunky

junkjunky

cadilac caps fit cadilac wheels,you can(once you find a wheel deep enough) fit the caps to beautyrings or put chevy centers in cady rims.

4. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Never heard of '57 caddy hub caps and beauty rings. Suppose this is the style wheel cover you have.

Attached Files:

5. sledish

sledish

Cadi Caps will fit just about any 15 inch rim, you don't need beauty rings or Cadi only rims' just find a 15 thats deep enough to get the cap on. I run 57's on my 56 Mercury with stock rims no problem.

6. junkjunky

junkjunky

OK I stand corrected,but there is something different about cadi rims I know they riquire special balancing weights.My dad used a Chevy pickup wheel for a spare and the cap would'nt stay on.

7. Here are 57 Caddy caps on stock 50 Chevy wheels. They should fir 53 the same. Todd

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

That bottom picture is now my background!

9. trialbyfire

trialbyfire

ok sorry for the mix up they are 56 not 57 i plan on securing them with spinner towers and bullets screwed on to hold them on they are just really deep and im having a hard time finding a wheel with the correct dish to them.

Attached Files:

10. I'm pretty sure you need the matching wheels to go with those covers. It was kind of an oddball for that year because of the EXTREME offset in the front. Todd

11. 55-56 have that deep dish, you might get them on a deep-dish rim but then the rims probably won't fit under the car. Was my first thought when you said they were deep -

A lot of Caddy caps seem to need a deep flange on the rim edge to clip to, they don't fit like normal caps.

12. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

the '56 caps fit on deep cragars or any type of wheel like that. The later 59 and up versions wont fit anythingexcept a caddy wheel. you can get cheap old set of deep "white spoke" hillbilly wheels for them to fit over.

13. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

my boss has 55 cad hubcaps on stock 52 chevy steelies on a 1938 chevy coupe, they dont have the deep dish like those 56 to them