Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamaica, is there a scene ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasolinedeniz, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Hello Friends this is a real simple question:) I wonder if anything hotrod related going on in jamaica. I dont care if it is about cc.s ,shops or whatever. Would be cool to even hear from hambers they live there. I gona visit it in a few months and it seems may , for a little bit a longer time.
    il be thankfull 4 any information

2. awoo23

awoo23

3. i was looking for jamaica hotrods and did not find a lot :) thx

4. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I was there last summer and didn't see anything. More imports and rice burners than anything. Not a lot of people can afford to drive there. You will see what I'm talking about when you get there. I think it costs them a lot of money to import items.

5. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Jamaica, New York, maybe.

6. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

Wife talked me into taking a trip there a long time ago. Shit is so expensive there a hot rod is probably out of the question for all but the most wealthy. A large pizza cost about $30.00 American and that was 20 years ago.:eek:

7. Low-n-Broke

Low-n-Broke

you ever try to work on your car high?

8. Hahahahahaha

9. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

Thats some funny shit!!!:D:D

10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Ever tried working on your car when you're not high?

Attached Files:

11. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

For me, compared to a lot of other Caribbean Islands, Jamaica is a s***hole-watch yourself-

12. gotmark73

gotmark73

Been to Jamiaca twice, my wife and I love it (and no we don't 'smoke'). The guys are into cars but more rally and F-1. Enjoy your trip and admire the inginuity it takes to keep their stuff running even if it's not 'trad'.

13. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Watch your wallet Jamiaca can be a place for bad experiences.
    Stay away from the Farmers.

14. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

great advice. don't trust anyone. been there once and will never go back. the weed there sucks too..

15. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Lived there for 3 years (67-70) and you gotta have $$$ to own a car and keep it running.
    There really is not a "car scene". I lived in Port Antonio and it was very safe and beautiful.If you're up that way be sure and go to Boston Beach and Blue Lagoon and eat "jerk pork." And if you get caught with "weed", your life gets very complicated ..so don't even think about it.

16. gilbert torres

gilbert torres

stay close to the resort areas....amsterdam has better weed..:D

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great, I am going to be there in May for a wedding. I suppose I will stay close to the hotel.

18. Steve

Steve

hahahahahahaha thanks for the laugh!

19. 19Fordy

19Fordy

What city is the wedding and what is the name of the hotel? The countryside small towns are where the really nice folks are. If you like beer, you will love Redstripe.

20. RAY With

RAY With

Spent several weeks in Jamacia and had a good time. There are no street/hotrods ect at all. The roads are so bad for the most part even the rentals have worn out suspension.I thought the expenses were about average as any tourist place and the food is good. Based on what I saw it looks to be 20% nice areas and 80% getto. Many towns look like they went through a war but where I stayed and traveled from it was nice and in Montego bay.

21. thesupersized

thesupersized

do these count?

Attached Files:

22. repoguy

repoguy

It cracks me up how some of you guys want to see the same shit on your vacations that you look at every day in your normal life.

Anyway, I've been to Jamaica several times and always had a blast. And I found some great weed for next to nothing money-wise. Great fresh seafood and jerk chicken. I got along great with the people there, and had no problems.

Sure, there are some dangerous poor areas, but hell, I can walk 5 minutes away from my office and be in the middle of crack town, so what's the difference?

23. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Theres a huge difference. Ive traveled all over as well, in the Army and out the army. Ive had AK's put to my head on a train in yugoslavia, bought weed on the beaches of Mexico (it sucked), got beat up by a man named "Chief" in the red light district in Frankfurt (legal prostituion is awesome), had a few Turkish guys pull a knife out on me and some old army budies cause one of them talked to a turkish girl and one guy was cut 6 inches across his stomach. I could go on....so yes there is a difference. Not saying your wrong but there is a difference. Dont talk about seeing the same crap when you said you been to Jamaica several times.....

Of all the places I went I think Cabo Mexico was the worse, I hate package deals and it was a big damn hotel where everyone just laid there and pissed in the pool and drank watered down pina coladas. There are alot of vacations spots in America as well.....

24. repoguy

repoguy

I've been shot at, beat up, and had knives pulled on me right here at home too! :)

Sorry you didn't like Cabo. I had a blast there. Even considered moving there. Good fishing + good surfing = I could live there.

Oh well, to each his own.

25. Also, you cannot import a vehicle into Jamaica that is more than 3 or 4 years old. So that rules out any hotrods.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  26. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i like hawaii ! ........................... steve

27. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Cuba has a better hotrod thing going and the locals for the most point dont bother the tourists...they would have them hanging in the streets if they were caught..plenty of old cars being driven daily even had a ride in a 1955 chev cab there
    varadaro ...will be back there ..lol just dont say your American if you go there say your from Canada

28. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

ya know I didnt go fishing but damn would have loved that part of it. Problem was the all inclusive crap....Those type of vacations feel like you need to be on a schedule and not relax...yeah Im from new orleans and then moved to atlnata so I understand your home enviroment..hahaha

Ya know I would actually love to go to Alaska for some strange reason...but only for a few days.

29. NateGreco

NateGreco

I think the closest thing you'll find to a hot rod in Jamaica......is a pushkart....although I only know that from watching Cool Runnings

30. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Not good rememberances of Jamacia.
    Navy ahd its ups-n-downs with the natives too. I'd go back to the Phillipines long before going back to Jamacia. Cuban ceegars were the only bright spot. Did see some funnies there though. Go, I say if you dont you'll allways wonder what you missed.