Register now to get rid of these ads!

anglia kingpins HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by american opel, Apr 2, 2010.

1. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

does anyone know where i can get some kingpins and or bushings?the driverside has some slop in it.i found one place that sells kingpins but they dont look the same as mine.mine or oem style not the new kind that has a top plate to hold them in.with a quick measure they are about 3 3/4'' long and about 7/8'' od.any help would be great.thanks

2. Nerner

Nerner
    from New Jersey

3. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

thanks.i just looked at every page and they dont have any.anyone else?

4. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

first off anglia kingpins are .625or 5/8 outside diameter.willys is 3/4 early fors is.812 you could use some drill rod or machine pins that come in that size. you probably have to cut the length. mike

5. I bought the ones for Pinocchio from Mark Williams Ent.

6. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

7. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

just looked and didnt see anything.i looked at mw but they only sell the whole kit and im not sure if they just sell parts and if they work for stock stuff.

8. A man with a lathe could make you a set of bushings in an hour. Just take him the old one and the King pin. (And some brass stock or another bushing that is both to0 big and too small. There isnt a town in North America without someone who could do this I am sure. Just make sure to drill the holes for the greasing afterwards and de bur them after drilling.
    Don

9. Larry T

Larry T

Rich is right. Most of the dragster/altered spindles are the same dimensions as a stock Anglia spindle. They have replacement parts for their stuff so they have replacement parts for Anglia spindles.
    Check with Mark Williams, Strange, Chassis Products, etc.
    Larry T

10. poprodder

poprodder
    from uk

11. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Thanks Poprodder. I have been watchin this thread. Because my dragster needs king pin bushing too. And you finally gave the best info. Dolmetsch had one too. With machineing one from stock.

But none of the mark williams or P&S stuff matches at all to my stock Anglia spindles I have.

I have been wanting to fix this on my car for a long time and always knew that the modern billet spindle bushing didnt look right.

12. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

MAKE SURE you use oil inpregnated bronze to make them....... NOT brass..... make yhem light press fit into the spindles then hone them to fit the king pins. drill grease zerk hole after honeing and touch up i.d with light hone or die grinder with fine buff. made alot for semi truck spindles....... also keep em on the tight side as they will wear in fairly quick.

13. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

well i found out they are about 5/8'' pins.and they werent bad just the oil-light washers were worn.i took one out{had two}and put in alittle fatter steel washer in and it fixed the problem.im sure i should take it back out and get new brass ones but they want $9.00 apiece?i put antisieze on both sides then greased them.does anyone think i might have a problem?

14. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

I had a tool and die man machine some for me years ago.by the way I have 2 complete Anglia front axle set ups I would like to get my money back out of ,they need work but are there.

15. poprodder

poprodder
    from uk

glad to help out for a change.

16. poprodder

poprodder
    from uk

Ron is a good bloke to deal with at "the pop shop"

17. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

thanks for the links guys.but all i need now is the washers{4} and would rather not order from the uk for the fact of the shipping.anyone know where i can get then local?

18. did ya try Dean at Anglia Obsolete in Vista CA?