Register now to get rid of these ads!

'53 BUICK SKYLARK & JAMES DEANs PORSCHE?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T.KITCHEN, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

You have to look hard to see the headlight and Taillight, but it is definately a '53 Buick Skylark Convert hidden in the bushes/trees! It possibly could be bought for $15K (too much in my opinion). The owner is a recluse with the biggest stash of parts in the building next to these cars that you have ever seen. Its also more than a rumor that he was buying cars back in the days that Deans wrecked Porsche disappeared after a show in Miami, Fl. on its way back to Calif. This guy (in St. Petersburg, Fl.)was friends with the driver of the Hauler. The 2 story building is JAMMED with parts and only 1 or 2 people have been allowed in it and they claim the Porsche is there totally covered with parts and the "owner" won't let anyone near it or confirm its there. Sorry, I can't help but just thought I would perpetutate the rumor and someday the truth will come out. Maybe someone knows this guy and can help also.

Attached Files:

2. john walker

john walker

that would be a '54.

3. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

Exactly, good call.:)

4. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

yes it's a 54 they made fewer 54's than 53's i think 860 total.

5. nutajunka

nutajunka

Yeh, 54 million vines.

6. they made 816 54 Buick skylarks. I owned one about 15yrs ago. Nice cars

7. john walker

john walker

i have a unrestored '53 for sale, while we're on the subject.

8. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

You are right, it is a '54 (I even had my pictures labled '54).Had a nice restored '53 once/must have been thinking of it/sold it in the mid-'80s for $30K/think I just saw it at an auction for $175K!!

9. kookee

kookee

Shame. Is this a "someday I will work on it" or just a collector type of guy?

I just hate seeing something with potential die a slow death.

10. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

I don't know what he is thinking as he is only there on occasion and will only let anyone in about 5 feet to the "shop" and parts are piled 6-8 feet high on both sides!?! He had another '53 or '54 and someone stole it from his "lot". He knows what they are worth done and that is his basis for wanting $15K, not knowing it would take $100K+ to restore it.

11. I don't get the point of this thread. Some old "recluse" has a stash of parts I'd like to look at but he's cautious. Okay, let’s spread rumors about him that accuse him of being involved in some kind of larceny 50 years ago. He's asking too much for a car I want so he must be some kind of crook. He must be stupid because he doesn't know that the reason I want it is because it's really worthless and I'd have to spend a bunch of money to fix it up. And my favorite, "just thought I would perpetuate the rumor and someday the truth will come out." Who are you Elliot freakin Ness? Just leave the old guy alone, he's old and probably tired of dealing with pricks.

12. loudandfast13

loudandfast13

Urban Legends are cool. Thats all this thread is. Harmless conversation.

13. So $15K up front, $100K to restore it, and it's then worth $150-$200K. What's the problem? I agree, market on it is probably about half his asking, but I'm sure the guy doesn't need to sell anything to eat tomorrow, so you're not going to get any deals.

You should see the piece of shit '53 Skylark I sold two seperate times for first $2600 then $1300 -

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

Couldnt have said it any better....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.