Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodders Journal #47

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HJmaniac, Mar 13, 2010.

1. twochops

twochops

Get mine today---do they have a email address?

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Mine came today !!

I liked it. I have all the issues starting with #1 . Some I have both covers. :)
    I thought it was a good review of the past. TRJ is the BEST magazine out there today IMHO. Sure, there are a few cars and articles in each issue I do not really care for ... but then

All the issues cannot be like ISSUE 32 ... Mostly ... All about 1932 Fords ...

WAIT ... Why NOT ??
    Lets make all the issues a 1932 Ford issue :D

That would make me real HAPPY !!!

3. I STILL don't have mine. What the French, Toast?

4. hemifarris

hemifarris

Chasity,
    Thank you for addressing our concerns. I also have every issue, both store bought and subscription. A while back my Sister's dog chewed up my issues #2 and #4 forcing me to buy the #1- #4 hard copy at a cost of $209.00. I also am willing to pay $48.00 for 4 issues of TRJ. I am not willing, however, to feel for your "small" independant company that does not print your magazines in the United States. I guess that's become a way of life. I've always had great service from TRJ regarding the old delamination of the covers. I hope you folks stay in business as long as I'm around but please do not blame the USPS for delays. From what I'm reading on here there are delays across the United States......P.S......When was my issue # 47 mailed out? I've not received it yet........Mike:confused:

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

I find it funny that you were told this by a guy at TRJ. If you read post #124, signed by Chasity at TRJ, you'll read that QUOTE" All subscriber's copies are mailed 2 weeks BEFORE newsstand distributors RECEIVE their shipments" . Who do we believe?

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Still patiently waiting here in WNY...:eek:

7. jlouie

jlouie

Damn. Still don't have my copy yet either. Stupid post office. I have catalogs that I ordered 8 weeks ago and don't have them either. Need to have a chat with the mail dude when he show's up tomorrow. :mad:

8. monster

monster

Bought a subscription at the first of the year, still waiting too.

9. And of those who have actually recieved it?

Yes, content.

10. twochops

twochops

If you haven't got it yet you haven't missed anything,all reruns

11. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Like I said I got mine the other day and I am totally happy with it and the content.Its kinda nice to be able to have all those cars in one book.Thanks!!!

12. have not seen the first signs of #47 around here, although my boy Oldsmobucket got his shitty copy already...not even on the shelves at the local Barnes & noble. oh well thanks for nothing

13. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Mine came today so there is still hope. Have not looked at it yet.

Neal

14. Master of None

Master of None

Finally got mine! I don't really care if most of it is a re-run nothing beats the photo quality of this book, i look forward to every issue. I study evry picture even if I have see it before just to see if I did miss something. Great Book!

15. 53chevy

53chevy

This issue was kinda like a New Order concert I went to way back when. It was song for song on their Substance album and sounded the same too! It's like "What the Hell"?!!!! Oh well, I don't like to voice my opinion here, but left-overs can suck sometimes, but my dog loves 'em (hahaha!!!)

Ken

16. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I looked through it last night. It is o.k. Most of the pictures are ran across the center binding. Found that to get old after looking at about the first five cars. Quality of the pictures don't do much for me if there is a binder crease down the center of each car. I paged through the last half fairly quickly.

So now when I flatten out the binding to see the pictures, will the binding fall apart? :rolleyes:

Neal

17. striper

striper

Well, I'm happy for you. I have received NO service whatsoever.

I emailed TRJ Customer Service and also PMd TRJ on here about my #45 falling apart as I read it. Didn't get so much as an acknowledgement of my correspondence.

Overall, great mag but extremely poor service. (I subscribe)

Pete

18. Received mine yesterday.
    I've always had to be careful with the binding.

19. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Got mine yesterday....still a great mag!

20. jguff

jguff

Disappointed in the content, just a picture book. Usually I read and reread an issue several times over a couple of weeks. This issue is one to put away after a quick look. :mad:

21. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Mine came in on Wed. in good condition.

22. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Kinda like a Rodders Journal "Greatest Hits" issue (rehash of previous issues)- very disappointing! Included with it was my subscription renewal.......guess I'll wait to see if #48 is any better, then decide. Too bad- Hop Up apparently is done, now RJ is slipping. On the bright side, I like what Dave is doing with Hot Rod Deluxe.........

23. xix32

xix32

for a magazine that's supposed to take pride in it's photography, that's bullshit to print the photos across the fold. in my opinion that shows disrespect toward the car owner.
    i was especially disappointed to see him do that to the benson `32 roadster on page 87, issue #46
    and other times in the same artical.

24. buster6972

buster6972
    from Florida

you should call rather than email. I had an issue that had been beaten to death by the usps and they sent one out the next day

25. striper

striper

Calling from here is expensive and also inconvenient due to time zone differences. I take your point though...it's harder to ignore a customer on the other end of the phone.

Pete

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow... Frankly, I'm a bit surprised with some of the opinions here. I LOVED the anniversary issue. In fact, I think it might be my favorite issue yet. There is just something about seeing all of those feature cars together in one book... Kind of like a resume of traditional hot rodding. I thought it was glorious.

Really? Seriously? That's been kind of the corner stone of TRJ since issue 1. LARGE format photography that pops off the fold and into your brain. In my opinion, if you aren't into such a thing you might want to find a different book. That's classic design logic man...

Striper, PM me... I'll get you a #47 from my collection. No sweat.

If I sound a bit defensive here, it's because I am. I feel like TRJ is the best Hot Rod Magazine ever published. It's art on paper and produced out of passion... It's special... and we need it.

27. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Recieved mine yesterday and loved it, though it really would be better suited as a seperate edition. Just a picture book really. A REALLY GOOD picture book...

28. Still waiting for it over here in VA...

29. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Got mine today. I have every issue and have looked forward to the next issue from the minute I finished #1. Untill today I had not been disappointed. I am sorry but I can find nothing to like in this one. Now maybe if I had not BOUGHT every issue prior to this one, I might like it. I often go back and review my RJ past issues, so this is even more boring for me. The fact that others have posted they have all issues and like this one just proves how different we all are. For me, the next one better be outstanding to offset this one for me to continue subscribing. Joe

30. 5window

5window

Got mine today. It arrived without damage in shipping,but I haven't opened it yet (working on taxes:) ). Since I don't have the early issues,I guess I'll be okay with the "greatest hits" scheme. No chance to check the binding yet,either.

I'll agree with Ryan that it is an important periodical and one we need to have. And, I am okay with the 15th Anniversary Review edition. However, like every other business, you are only as good as what you do next. So, I'll comment on this one when I have read it, and look forward to Issue 48.Then we'll see.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010