Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stafford Springs Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordrat31, Mar 31, 2010.

1. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

The Staffod Springs Swap Meet is coming up fast on April 11. How many people out there are going to be attending? I am going to load up the trailer with some model A stuff and head on down!

Mike

2. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

We'll be there. What are bringing for parts?

3. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

HOLY CRAP!! there will be a vendor there actually selling CAR parts?? or is this some "model A" dirt bike/quad/chinese tool :D

4. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

Hahaha! I have a bunch of "real" Model A parts to bring down. All stock stuff, so dont get your hopes up and any speed parts! I have a bunch of motor parts, fenders, axles front + rear, brake parts, and a ton of random stuff. Im planning to bring as much as I can.

I will try to wear a HAMB shirt on Sunday. If you dont see that just look for the pig fireplace! (you will see what I mean!)

5. True till Death

True till Death

i might go, is it a decent turn out?

i have gone to the thompson speedway swap meets and it's just a ton of junk. i did find some flathead parts once, but it was an old timer who was heading out and was putting everything away. and he didn't want to drag all the parts out of the truck again.

6. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I'll be at Maxton.

7. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I'll be there. Been to the fall event every year since '78 and most of the spring events too.

Cliff Ramsdell

8. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I'll be heading down

9. I'll be there, paying too much to get in, showing up too late to score any sweet deals, then spending my 'parts' money on beer and a greasy speedway cheesburger. :cool:

10. Stafford has always seemed like the "coldest" place on the planet for both spring and fall swap meets. With the 14" of rain the Northeast got this month it should be muddier than usual. The recession should bring more corn husk doll vendors and real bottom shelf vodka for the guys that sleep there over night.

Of coarse I'm going, who would deny themselves all of that......

H.

11. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

...and God love ya for it, since I get there early and try to buy whatever good shit might be there!

12. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

I have never gone to Stafford with high hopes of finding amazing parts. The main reason I go is, its an excuse to get together with my buddys for the weekend, have a few beers and camp out in the cold!

Oh and of course there is always the bicycle tradition! When we arrive on Sat afternoon the first thing we look for is 3-4 small bicycles! We never pay more than 5 bucks each for them, and they are great for getting around the track fast to find the best deals! hahah

13. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

Don't forget to bring your obligatory chain saw!

14. hotrod1933

hotrod1933

Hahaha! I have a bunch of "real" Model A parts to bring down. All stock stuff, so dont get your hopes up and any speed parts! I have a bunch of motor parts, fenders, axles front + rear, brake parts, and a ton of random stuff. Im planning to bring as much as I can.

I will try to wear a HAMB shirt on Sunday. If you dont see that just look for the pig fireplace! (you will see what I mean!)
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    I was there last year,I LOVE THAT PIG

15. fasteddie

fasteddie
    from mass.

do you have any 1/4 win.trim for 28-29 or any other int parts.need bracket for wood at drivers door post tks fasteddie see you there

16. Dave50

Dave50

Why would they have this the weekend of the Ice breaker t thompson wtf guess i may have to get over there early and late to thompson but idk id the boss will like that :cool:

17. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

And your Summit Racing hat, partially covering your mullet.

18. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

I will see what I have. I know I have some 28-29 stuff, I will just bring it all.

19. fasteddie

fasteddie
    from mass.

where do you setup so i can find you?

20. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

C'mon now!...Thats cheatin!:D:D

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

you going, bill?

22. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

We usually get a spot in the center of the track. Hopefuly we will be there at about 2-3pm on Saturday.

23. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

My brother and I were thinking about loading a trailer and making the pilgrimage...we will probably just go for the ride though...

Im looking to pick up a 1972 questionable condition jonsered chainsaw without a cylinder head and he needs a new "I dig fat chicks" helmet sticker...we should be all set!!:D:eek::D

24. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

What, no snowblower?

25. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i could actually use a snowblower...

with my luck this would be the year that there is great stuff there, and me with an empty wallet. so i think i'll stay home.

gotta save the pennies for b-ville.

26. 1960CHEVY

1960CHEVY

You always find something cool at the Spring & Fall Meets. Last year I told my buddy I was looking for a SBC Edelbrock Crossram Intake, SBC Edelbrock Tri-Power Intake with Ford 94's or Strom. 97's, and M/T Rader Wheels. In less than 1 1/2 hours of walking. I SCORED ALL THREE ! Other times you walk away with just a few parts, tools, Girl Scout Cookies, and Kettle Corn. It's never a sure thing.
    As to the weather, it has Snowed in April at the show before, and if it rains a bit on the heavy side the day before. The Infield and Back Parking Lot becomes a Mud Bog/Swamp.
    Even with all that, it's a good reason to get out of the house, and run into people you only see a few times a year.

27. The Lake Compounce swap is in the begining of May. Usually ALOT better the Stafford has been lately.

28. Anyone see that kid lugging around those heavy, Hemi dragster zoomies all day that didn't even have a Hemi? Ya that was me :D
    -Dean

29. F&J

F&J

Nope :) My son and I were set up on the infield Saturday and Sunday. VERY good sales both days.;)

A lot of stuff was selling all over the grounds on Saturday...dealers were paying pretty good prices to mark up for Sunday.

30. 51box

51box
    from MA

We had a overflowing wagon be the end of the day, well worth the ride.