Register now to get rid of these ads!

Most Expensive Ride You Got to Drive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dennis kirban, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

yes, I am that kirban sold over 300 plus of the 1986-1987 turbo regals....8 real gnxs....etc.....

I own a super nice original white turbo T has fixed chrome mirrors low optioned....that one you had that color is quite rare...all original paint never undercoated...

values are kinda soft rite now.....

[email protected]

2. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

Seeing that interior reminds me of a a stupid thing I saw on a car... it was a sports car with a removeable hardtop and it had a pop up sunroof put into it!

Dumb....

[email protected]

3. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

not so fast, the 30 million dollar helicopter i've flown and 40 million dollar planes i've taxied kinda beat your tug.

4. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

ok i think you got me beat by a long shot.

5. RacerRick

RacerRick

How much is a real 427 Cobra worth these days?

6. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Most expensive ride on 4 wheels was an 2005 Ford GT my brother got at the Ford dealer he was working at. That car is AMAZING.

Most expensive ride in general was a gaggle of private turbo prop and private jets. I used to work at an airport and the mechanics would take me on check rides when they did maintenance on 'em.

One time, the gear wouldn't come down and I had to go into the back of the plane with a quarter and short some wires to make it come down. It was a little hairy... we were circling around the airport trying to burn off fuel so we could belly land it. If I remember correctly it was a banged up King Air C90...

7. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Not to be outdone a 300 gull wing coupe that was offered to me in 1959 for $10K, but the EX beat them all

8. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

reminds me of the 1967 GTX Hemi car I bought with 22,000 original miles back around 1980.....I paid 5 grand sold it for 9 grand and thought that was a moonshot for the car....

no denying cars that make massive power only accelerate in value....may take awhile but holds true...trick is to hold on to them....and live long enough to see it materialize.....

enjoy

[email protected]

9. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

And if I held onto a car that long, i'd never want to sell it. :)

10. dart165

dart165

Got to drive this around the job shop i worked at for a summer years ago... thing was sweet as hell.

[​IMG]
    58 chrysler dual ghia concept car

11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

well you win!!!

I got to drive my boss' 1968 GT350 4 speed over the summer, that was pretty cool. Im waiting for him to let me drive the 67 GT500, but I doubt that happens.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I drove a Baja 1000 Jeep Cherokee based car that was originally built by Chrysler. this thing was crazy bad ass. it had a good 3 feet of suspension travel. just around the parking lot and up on the trailer. I helped the guy out who raced it.

it was worth about 50 - 60 grand when I drove it, but there were 2 built for somewhere around $1,000,000 when it was new.

13. theamcguy

theamcguy

kirban 2 cents worth

Although posting is coming from MR AMC GUY it is from me. Since the Lamborghini cars has come up several times I thought I would share with you this one of a kind item.

At first appearance you may think its real. It isn't. My son started building Lamborghini kit cars while still in High School. Needless to say he "aced" auto body shop! One of his finest creations made the cover of one the major kit car magazines maybe 12 years ago.

Probably 10-15 years ago a owner of a New York Night Club contacted him about making two Lamborghini kit cars. One would be mounted on a turn table which my son also built. The other one be positioned under a glass dance floor so it could be viewed from the top.

It was this car that they also wanted a correct looking fake engine built for. After a few years, the night club sold out and my son had a chance to buy everything back. I bought the fake engine and asked my son to build a glass table top for it, which he did.

You are viewing an exact size 12 cylinder Lamborghini engine. If you look real close, just behind the K & N cone filters the inlet pipes are actually turbo buick inlet pipes. The long fake valve covers are plastic flower pots from Walmart....the font style is dead on.

A friend of ours had a real one that my son took the specs from. That Invisible glass bottle is a blow up roughly 18 inches tall as I don;t want someone to think its a miniature engine!

At one time it did lite up. I am sure a Lamborghini collector would pay good money to have this particular glass table in his house.

If that is not hard enough....this night club was located in a converted movie theatre....my son also had to be able to break everthing down to fit thru a normal set of doors!!!!! Kinda liek building a full scale boat in your basement and then realizing you got no way to get it outside!

[email protected]

I forget what my son charged the night club for the entire project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. OLDCARDON53

OLDCARDON53

Saleen S7, Ford GT with a twin turbo upgrade.

15. match

match

About 12 years back, I found an 82 GN in my small hometown. I understand that these were quite rare. It had the big Buick block lettering on the rear quarters. So I go up to the house, and an older hispanic lady answered the door. Back then my spanish was very limited, so a couple of days later I brought a friend back with me to ask her if it was for sale. She said that her son owned it, and did not want to sell it. He was going to swap another engine in. What was cool about the car was that it was a factory 3.8 turbo car, which I understand is even rarer. It had the turbo 3.8 badging and the correct turbo hood. I don't know what ever happened to that car.....

16. Chuck R

Chuck R

I don't even think there is a close second.

F-15 Eagle

USAF F-15C over Washington, D.C
    Role Air superiority fighter
    Manufacturer McDonnell Douglas Boeing IDS
    First flight 27 July 1972
    Introduction 9 January 1976
    Status Active

Primary users United States Air Force
    Japan Air Self-Defense Force
    Royal Saudi Air Force

Number built F-15A/B/C/D/J/DJ: 1,198[1]

Unit cost F-15A/B: US$27.9 million (1998)

F-15C/D: US$29.9 million (1998)[2]

17. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

They are indeed rare unfortunately because they were basically a cosmetic upgrade value is not high on them....unlike the lst year Corvette. I owned two of the very rare lesabre Grand nationals only made 117 of them....

Those 1982 were hard to work on.....great seats in them though....

Only worth buying if they are close to mint since parts are virtually non existant for those cars.

[email protected]

18. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

Great stories.....

Amazed at such a wide variety of rides.......

I should probably start another thread and title it what was the worse car/truck you ever drove or owned?

[email protected]

Curious, any readers driven on the autobahn?

Or, it wasn't that long ago that one state had no speed limit........Montana.....anyone drive in that state or....driven that section of road I think its in Nevada the Gamblers Run?

That would be a neat experience....

[email protected]

19. I got to drive the McGee Roadster
    Not far, from one of the buildings on the LA Fairgrounds to the NHRA Museum, but got to drive it none the less.
    Drove the Pruffer Deuce coupe too that night, but it died on me half way across the building. I stayed in it while it was towed to the Museum.

20. This would have to be near the top for me no matter what else I'm ever able to be behind the wheel of - This is me driving a good friends 46,000 mi. original unrestored 68 R/T Hemi Charger. I've been lucky enough to drive this car multiple times to shows etc, but my first "solo" drive in the car was especially sweet - The Heartland Park Topeka 1/4 mile! Not a full boogie pass, (just helping to dry the track at a rain soaked car show weekend), but Good-God-Ethyl that Hemi just kept pullin'!:D:D:D

Attached Files:

21. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

I work at a chassis mfg. so I get to drive 1.2 million dollar fire trucks, 500,000 dollar MRAPS and 400,000 RV's...it's tuff but someone has to do it.

As for my own cars I guess the most I've spent for a vehicle was on an Avalanche back in 2003.

22. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Well, this vehicle is o/t, but when I am not training/evaluating at work this is what I drive. It is worth about 100 grand. I got to drive a test bus worth about 120 grand.
    As for regular cars, and ones HAMB friendly, probably nothing worth more than about 5 grand...but my Acadian is worth more than that to me.

Attached Files:

23. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Ottawa Terminal Tractor

Going around in circles and backing up.

-W

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  24. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

2005 ford mustang gt cobra r, tremec six speed, fire engine red...way back in the day wen u cud walk up to a dealership not hassle with the guy wen u say" can i drive it?" without etc etc...

26. Twenty years ago, I had a gig detailing the personal cars for Robert Kelly.The owner and ceo of Kelly broadcasting. He liked BIG cars,big FAST cars. On a regular schedule I got to drive His Masarati quatroporte`. A Rolls-Royce cornish convertible that he bought from Pamela Anderson-Lee.{after she hit something with it and got it back from the body shop,she no longer wanted it!} And my personal fave, his hopped up Morgan plus 8. Powered by a Rover/Buick 215 v8, It had a Wieand manifold, Holley carb, Mallory ignition, and an Isky cam that was lumpy as hell. Bob had no idea of the cam spec's other than, In his own words"lotsa fun!" Sadly, Bob is gone now and so are the cars.

27. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I got to drive a Bentley sports coupe thing one time.

28. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

The most expencive yet?? Well, i had a boss who was pretty a car maniac, changing all time, so i driven many...
    fast listed: 54´Caddy Eldorado, nice car, felt like a locomotive
    57 caddy Eldorado Brougham, top luxury!
    some De Tomaso Panteras, originals & tuned,
    Porsche Carrera, Turbos,etc. Quick, but whatever, its like tuned up VW´s..
    Ferrari 308, Testarossa, quick, great "look on me" factor..
    Lamborghini Countach, quick, fun to speed with, but what a bad craftmanship... engines different steelpipes on induction looks like made of a guy with his first weldingtime... similar to the Jaguar XJ´s V12 with injection, who also my hands had turned the steeringwheel on.
    Jaguar 420G from the 60´s, elegant, with nice engine!
    55´Olds Rocket88 cab, a classic who got really expencive, and have small production. belongs to my brother now
    58 lincoln Continental Mark III cab, big, great elegance! a friend have it.
    52 Rolls Royce by James Young, elegance at first class, but felt like and realy old car...
    Mercedes 600 SEL, elegant "newish"car, with sporting performance, and style for a wealthy look....with suit on...
    Chrysler 300c -57, nice lines, performance and handling beyond other of that time!
    DeSoto Cab 58, nice lines, gone now, and the owner leaved to US years ago..
    Fordt GT40, NICE to drive, fast to go...
    63 Thunderbird Roadster!!
    BMW 750IL, big european,fast & comfortable..
    81 Audi Quattro turbos..
    59 caddy Eldorado Biarritz, with bucket seats (approx. 90 made)
    36 De Soto 4door Phaeton, sweet oldie!
    67 Mustang 428 cid Cobra fastback,belonged to a friend.
    68 Plymouth RoadRunner cab & 69 plymouth Road runner ht. Both owned by a friend
    pics of some of them: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] never kept the pictures of the European cars, i´m sorry......

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  29. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

now, i have taxied a bombardier crj 900 once.

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'm not sure, but I'd guess Kirk Hammet's '36.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.