Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else have a ride that can't be bought?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

These will never be sold. If i have to, my brother will sleep in the merc, and ill put the nash on the dodge and sleep under the car.

Attached Files:

2. firingorder1

firingorder1

My Dad told me once that people without a soul will sell out. I bought my Norton in 1967. Its been everything from a daily ride for 5 years to a road racer, drag racer, Former Bonneville record holder to a current El Mirage record holder. Its not for sale. Its part of me and I'd go hungry and shoeless without a thought of selling it.

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

My 9 year old would cry for days if I sold my car...I almost sold it to buy my house, glad I didn't...

4. Everything I have has a price tag on it. Just, some of the things you could easily buy one about 100 times better before you got to the price I put on mine. I like my stuff, but they're just cars, if you want it bad enough that I can go out and buy three more better ones for what you want to pay for it, I'll let it go.

5. zzford

zzford

That is about the stupidest statement that I have heard in a long time.

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

LOL, really. Try as I might I can't seem to be able to haul a motorcycle or washer and dryer, or really much of anything in the back of my Pontiac.

As for the topic, what the question really is saying is that there are cars that we keep because nobody has offered enough money for them yet.

7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

attention anyone who has a secondary car:

you are all posers and should be ashamed of yourselves.

you are also ignorant and i am smart.

calling it like it is since 1982
    :rolleyes:

8. freakindawgen

freakindawgen

My problem is once I buy something the value drops.Most would just pay me enough to haul it away.

9. Every thing I have is for sale if the price is right. Wait, the wife is not I kinda like her.

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

This will carry my dead ass to the graveyard before she gets sold.Non negotiable.What my folks do with her after that I have no control over.

[​IMG]

Paul

11. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Great stories of pride and dedication! I envy those who have shared a rod with their Dad and carry on the tradition. I never had that.....

12. paintcan54

paintcan54

I still have my FED that I raced in the '70s to the early 80s, my two oldest kids grow up with us running the car all over the midwest. I was offered a nice price for it at the HHR at Columbus as we were showing it, I told the man that I could never sell it, only because when we were racing my kids so was into the drag racing then, and after growing up they didn't care for it. It still runs and I get it out every now and then and drive it down the street and back.

13. teddyp

teddyp

had both cars for along time been made good offer for both but just had so long couldn,t sell ether one but my other cars ? if price is right i would sell

Attached Files:

14. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I dred the day my wife hears what I'm offered for one of my cars.

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have owned my 32 roadster since the 70's.
    I have always wanted a 32 3W and NOW ... I have one. :D

[​IMG]

Both are Henry Ford steel cars and neither of them has ever had a " FOR SALE " sign on them while I have owned them. I have turned down what I call stupid money for both of them ... over the years. I have no plans to sell either of them in any time soon.

But let's face the FACTS ...

Times and things change ... They BOTH will be sold ...
    SOONER or LATER ...
    :)

I have no children to leave them to.
    When I get to where I do not enjoy them or cannot drive them ...
    Someone will get a chance to step up and BUY them ...

16. LongT

LongT

The car in my avatar would go easily. I guess that is one difference between fiberglas and steel!! My wife would be mad though!

Bill

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Incorrect.

18. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

hell, i'd almost kill to have that bike. another i want is the suzuki rg 500. both insanely fast bikes and very rare. it helps that i love that two-stroke smoke.

back on topic, my caddy, i could never sell her. she was given to me by my best friend, who drove her througout high school and college.
    i've promised my friend that if, for any ungodly reason, i HAD to get rid of the caddy, she had first call on it, at the price i paid for it.
    i've already had a few offers and gladly turned them down.

19. Dave B.

Dave B.

This is the third thread on 'cars (trucks, bikes) that can't be bought' that I've seen on forums in the last couple of months.

The problem, as I see it, is that those of us who won't sell under any circumstances understand the reasoning of those who will. They just don't understand our determination!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's exactly right, Dave. Those that would not sell their cars are not forcing their views on the folks that would...just sharing the deep meaning that a car can represent for some. Best to respect other's views, and not to question other's convictions. What's true for one may not be for another, and that's OK.

21. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

Well..... this car has no price to me....

[​IMG]

22. wvenfield

wvenfield

You told me that my opinion was incorrect.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  23. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes I did. You incorrectly rephrased the OP's original question, and took issue with the conviction that some won't sell their car.

You went so far as to say: "Lets face it you might say that you will never , ever sell your car but if someone offers you enough greenbacks , you can't tell me you wouldn't take the money and run !"

Again...What's true for you may not be true for others, and vicy-vercy. It's cool...you were just mistaken, that's all.

24. t-rod

t-rod

The roadster in my avatar is the one I've dreamed about for over twenty years. It's not on the road yet but after waiting this long for it I'm hanging on to it till I'm dead.

25. Kerry67

Kerry67

I love my wagon but wave enough dead Presidents in my face and it may be for sale.....

26. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

I am blessed to have both the memories and the cars of my late Father, who carried on the tradition of my late Grandfather.

[​IMG]
    32 Ford Roadster was owned and raced by the late Dick Kraft. (Ran 121.96 mph at El Mirage in 1948.) My late Grandfather got it in October of 1953. More photos and stories at the following link...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430371&highlight=dick+kraft+bronson

[​IMG]
    The dragster that my late Grandfather raced from 1954 until 1965. More photos and stories on it at link in my signature.

27. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Great Post 3rd Generation Rodder! This is EXACTLY what this thread is all about!

You may not have been into hot rods at all if not for previous generations and their desire to see you carry on the hot rod tradition.

This is the kind of car story and dedication that will help hot rodding survive for all time............ THANK YOU ! ! ! ! ! ! !

28. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Nope, bring your checkbook.

29. Glideman88

Glideman88

My '41 in my avatar will NEVER be sold!

It was bought new by my Grandpa, who gave it to my Mom, who has passed it on to me. I have already promised to to my 13 year old son someday.

30. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Before 2003 I was a broke, bum rock'n'roll guitar picker with a little old English convertible wannabe custom, and possibly the most contented man on the planet. Now I'm a rich quadraplegic with a high dollar Kustom truck. I know which one I'd rather be. There really is a helluva lot more to life than money, believe me.
    Paul.