Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1949 - 1951 Mercury Parts/ Reproduction Parts List

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Feb 4, 2009.

1. hey 51 leadsled i used this kit from speed way and it worked great easy to install and everything fit right.I didnt have to cut anything.
    Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by 51 Leadsled [​IMG]
    John,
    I have seen different products used when swapping an engine in the 49-51 mercs. Some bolt in some welded. Has anybody used this set up sold by Speedway? Attached Thumbnails[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. I added http://rockauto.com/ to the first post.

I bought some Winfield skirts, my body guy is not a fan of them. Sounds like they might need a spot of work to fit on a car.

3. I did not see this info in the thread - if I missed forgive me

Cars Inc - 1-800-227-7462
    they have awesome replacement quarter panels for 1949 & 50 Mercury's. It does not show up on the WEB site but here are the part numbers #414911-Left Side #414912-Right Side. I just placed an order this morning and they sell for $849.00 ea

4. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I make the little outside window stainless trim clips...49-51 Ford and Merc

5. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Very cool this will help thanks!!!

6. Nicholson

Nicholson

I plan on making a few copies of the rear lower tail panel for the 49 Merc. Not sure if the 50 and 51 are the same?

I have the buck made and have started shaping the first one for a customer project. They will all be hand made. At this point I don't have a set price. The first one is going a little slow....after I make a few the process should get easier and faster.

49merc.JPG

7. The sheet metal below the trunk lid Nicholson?

'51 cars have longer quarters in back...

[​IMG]

8. Nicholson

Nicholson

not the trunk latch panel......it's the lower panel behind the bumper. I guess you would call it a rear valance. Is anyone making these? I did quite a bit of looking and couldn't find any.

here's another pic with the piece outlined

6-27-08 051.jpg

9. I think add the lip too and you are money. Lots of Merc guys end up having to replace all of that plus the trunk pans.

10. My Merc stripped to bare metal (and bondo):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I just bought a lot of 51 Merc rubber parts and hardware from Dennis Carpenter.
    www.dennis-carpenter.com Very quick shipping.

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The 1951 Merc rear valence is entirely different from the 49 and 50. No one is making them but they do appear on Eslay once in a while.

13. Thanks John.....Good list

14. Added Dennis Carpenter.

15. I got my window fuzzie's from Classic Merc parts,I think they're in Ojai,CA. Nice stuff and come pre-bent for the door garnish mouldings.(some you have to bend=P.I.A$$! Also,the staples I have found which are Arrow #505M1 Monel Rust Proof,8mm/ 5 1/16 are the exact fit of the stock stuff. Hope this helps.

16. Thanks for the info. That's a great data base!!

17. If you guys have posts or threads that show how well a vendor worked, let me know and I'll add links under the entries. For example I added Unionvillehaunt's recc'y of Green Mount rockers.

18. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

John,

I have bought rubber products from Carpenters for my 51 Merc (rubber for door seals) they were supposed to fit both the shoe box and Merc...they don't. I have had three different orders screwed up, wrong part etc.

19. tallymercury

tallymercury

Thank you so much for this list. www.thenightprowlers.com they have a lot of odds and ends. Frenching kits, lights, pipes--ect. fast delivery more suff in their book than on website.

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Does anyone have a catalog or list or any experience with the stuff Gene Winfield carries or makes for Mercs?

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

22. I had one, it's just a hand written/drawn sheet. Mostly patch panels. If you call his shop they can fax you a copy.

23. I bought a set of fiberglass skirts from Winfield that we are not using, they look pretty sturdy (and are for sale once I take pics).

hennmann likes this.
  24. wizkid

wizkid
    from Finland

Are mercuryland's rockers for 4door mercury good? how those fit in place?

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  25. Zerk

Zerk

I think Bob Drake makes gas tanks for these, but that's all he offers for this car.

26. SportSedan

SportSedan

Great info list!!, thanks!.

27. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Just received lower front fender patches and rear trunk floor for a 50 Merc from MercuryLand. Disappointed in the pricing for the quality and workmanship of the parts. Would not recommend buying either parts because they are very high priced. Thought about returning them, but with a 15% restock charge and $70 for shipping, it is just another reason to make these parts work and forget how much they cost.

28. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Joe, Are those Mercury Land parts "used parts" or new repro parts?

29. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Re-pops. MercuryLand must use a local sheet metal shop to fab the patch panels and trunk floor. Not very accurate to the original.

30. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Wow! I am surprised as I thought Joel& Dee Ferris (Mercuryland owners) would be more particular about the quality. I hope they at least used 16 ga. metal.