Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Another 32 ford survivor found, Canadian history

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by titus, Mar 6, 2010.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i was going to start a new thread about the duel sidemounts. what the story on those? deluxe model? little history for us deuce virgins:rolleyes:

2. titus

titus

as far as i know it wast just an option.

3. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Nice buy, it will be nice to see it back the way it once was. I have several hotrod friends in the London Ont. area. Most have been into it for decades, one guy still has his Model A roadster first built in the early 60's. I'll see if they will come over to the dark side and try to identify your car.

4. Fenders

Fenders

Yah, I had an original 31 pickup years ago with dual wheelwells ... odd on a PU ... but NICE on that fordor !!

An option, sure, but a scarce option.

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Probably a pricey option for an inexpensive car. Lots of extra parts that a rear spreader bar mount would eliminate. The drivers side welled fender and mounting parts are the hard side to find because the pass. side commercial welled fender was pretty common.

I think it was done to copy the expensive cars of the day. It makes it look classy.

6. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

Well cool I, glad all went well

7. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Congrats Jeff....I still need to make it out to your place.

8. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Jeff, You sure have some luck or insider inof to find these great car deals. Looking forward to this 32's rebirth. Keep us posted.

9. 31whitey

31whitey

I like dual side mounts on trucks and sedans....

More utilitarion(sp)....like a road tripper or old timey camp rig...

Those friction shocks with the little mechanical brake clevis's are cool....I love seeing that stuff.....old hand built ingenuity....

10. Here's another deuce mordor with sidemounts, from the Toronto area. Belongs to a friend. Looks like you've got a great start.

Attached Files:

11. Diesel627

Diesel627

Yessss! That thing is bad ass! I can't wait to see it, shit I'm sure you'll have a motor an trans in it and the brakes rebuilt by tomorow! Good score Jeff, glad ya finally got to go an get it.

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Nice buy Jeff. But I think it needs to move South a little farther. 4 hours down I-35 would be just about right.

13. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Great find! Very cool car.

14. Congratulations Titus ! Anytime a HAMBer saves another one, it keeps them from those restorers!:rolleyes: Love the dual side mounts.

15. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

I dunno, That title might already belong to John Stimac, Jeff has some catching up to do to that fella, but he is for sure on the way!

Nice car Jeff, did you guys talk about hockey or how Canadians have such a lust for denim & maple syrup?

"Hey Jeff, Like, take off eh hoser"

Keep finding them brother, This is my hope & Theory, everyone found increases the supply of 1932 Fords, thus making them less rare, so that should translate into simple supply & demand, before you know it, those grille shells will be like $25 each, I can't wait!

Next time you are gonna visit Milwaukee, holla dawg, we will book you on a 1932 Fords of Milwaukee Tour Package!

Sincerely,
    Cheatercarl

16. BJR

BJR

Jeff that will be fun to drive when you get a motor back in it. Great find wish it were me. Brian

17. titus

titus

Nope, i dont have that many 32's, i still dont have a real roadster, a sport coupe, a cabriolet, a pheaton, sedan delivery, panel, rpu, and more! but im working on it!:)

Not much hockey talk thanksfully, my buddy is a full on car guy, he likes to hunt too so we talked a little about hunting, the funny think is he goes to texas to hunt.

Well be down sometime im sure, definately for the Cheaterama.

JEFF

18. titus

titus

19. seen it a couple of days ago,it's badass! alot of solid original tin!..jeff'll have it runnin in no time flat...

20. I live 20 mins west of London and that car has not been on the road in this area for the last 25 years-but it is gonna be cool-Nice find,if I had known about it around here,I would have bought it!
    AA

21. titus

titus

It had 71 plates, so im assuming that was the last time it was on the road, and im not clear if it actually was driven around London, or it it was driven around Owen sound, then blown up and put away in London, i havent had much luck on doing much tracking of it, its not that big of a deal just kinda cool.

JEFF

22. 2-TONED

2-TONED

'COOOL!'
    Red seems to be your color. red roadster, red pickup, red 4 door............
    i dig it im with ya! :)

23. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

Jeff you talk to any other guys up there back in the 80,s there were a ton of 32 guys up there , back when all I had was 32 stuff all I have left is one part but there were a bunch of 32 guys up there

24. BEAR

BEAR

cool shit guys

25. titus

titus

Figured id try putting this back to the top, i dont really care if i find any history on it but you never know!

I do plan to get to this one soonish, i have a 324 olds with a 471 blower that i plan on sneaking under the hood of it.

jeff

Attached Files:

26. pumpman

pumpman

Somehow "sneaking" doesn't seem to be the right word, how about "filling" the engine compartment with a kick ass engine. Can't wait to see it when you're done.

27. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Jeff you need my 32 cabriolet and will help in your collection of 32's. I love the tudor and have for some time great find buddy.

28. titus

titus

A little update, a guy just contacted me and says he owned the 32 fordor in 1959/1960 and built it mostly as it sits minus the red paint job! ill try and get some more details!

jeff

29. F&J

F&J

That doesn't happen very often. Hope he has pics :)