Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front Engine Dragster How To Build One

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Congrats! You think you're pumped NOW...just wait till you're smokin' the hides!!!!! If you were close to pissin your pants now - I reccomend Depends!!!:D

Seriously - enjoy every minute!!!! It's only gonna get better - if you can believe that!!!

2. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Congrats! You'll never drive a racecar with doors again. :D Lippy

4. CONGRATULATIONS Organgrinder!!! I have to agree, the square top looks a little too square, but that's probably an easy fix. Besides it's WAY better than mine = None at all!!! ;)

LOVE the view from your house! Way cool! And you have a nice collection of other projects!

5. 150J/F

150J/F

Glad to have you aboard...Be sure you are ready by Sept. 25th. That is the
    Old Time Drags and Nitro Nationals at Tulsa. Be lots of FEDs there.

6. How many is lots? I need to get some inspiration and Tulsa is not too bad of a drive.

7. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

tulsa...that's just a little ways up the road...i'm gonna have to put that on the schedule. thanks.

8. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

other projects....wow that's an understatement. there's a bunch that didn't make the pic. my 13 yr old has started his collection now...the divco is his. i hope i'm up and running in time for bowling green in june. gonna have to concentrate!

9. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

Me and my friend on the Hamb Jonny-b -bad brought home a fed frame and an anglia lightened front end back from Florida on a trip to my uncles house. Hope he starts putting it together soon. then there will be a build tread on the hamb fallowing it.

Attached Files:

10. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

better magniflux the anglia spindles from my experience

11. 150J/F

150J/F

T-man...There will be three FED classes. A points race for S.W. Jr. Fuel (last year
    we had 15 cars), A 6.50 index for the faster cars and a FED/altered bracket for all
    others. Come and join in.

12. Things should be slowing down around then. I need an excuse to travel.

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

14. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

got that emailed a couple times no answer. need a phone #

15. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

We talked tonight. I need to check my spam folder more. Seems every now and then a good one finds its way in the can. Good talkin to you. Brian

16. Brian, thanks for all your help and input so far!

17. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

likewise brian. i,ll be in touch asap
    bob

18. Rand Man

Rand Man

Don't wait 'till September. We will race these FED's all summer, at Tulsa Raceway Park, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Get busy, build a rail, and race with us.

I'm expecting about a dozen slingshot dragsters and some Altereds at each race. Several more Junior Fuel rails will show up for the Nitro National Event. E.T.'s will range from the 10's to the 7's, so it will have to be a bracket format. No electronics.

BE THERE!!!! HERE'S THE SCHEDULE:

May 1st. ----- Race #1
    June 5th. ----- Race #2
    July 10th. ----- Race #3
    August 14th. -- Race #4
    Sept. 25th. -- Race #5 (Nitro Nationals Nostalgia Event)

19. Thanks for the schedule but our business gets crazy in the summer and I can only do one event. This year is back to Bonneville for me.

20. fanspete

fanspete

21. hotrod316

hotrod316
    from ohio

I am a newbe here spent all day reading different threads this one just made my day.
    hope this may help some new builders. this is one way we mock up our rear ends (when using couplers) we use smaller bolts at first. after the digger is all mocked up and sitting on the ground, we can check the coupler free play when all the weight is on the chassis. if ok we tack weld and drill the right size holes. it just works for us.:)
    Steve M
    SMRacing

22. Parts Man

Parts Man

Thanks for the tip Steve and welcome to the HAMB!!!

23. Rand Man

Rand Man

Build a FED and race it. You know you want to. Tulsa Raceway Park. Monthly Nostalgia FED/Alt series starts May 1st. Be there! Be there! Be there!

24. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

there's some really cool pics in the may issue of "hot rod deluxe" under "fabulous frog pond"....just thought i'd let you guys know. great reading there too.

reggie

25. rdefabri

rdefabri
    from NJ

If I can get my wife's business off the ground, or make some more scratch, I'll pursue a FED as a project. I am no welder, so I'd go the chassis kit route a la King. I like the longer model Brian sells, but Zorba's Ghost is so awesome that a 140" would do the trick (and fit in my garage).

One day...

26. mr slingshot

mr slingshot
    from Belgium

Could anyone tell me how fast i could go i my 130" slingshot whit a standard 400ci (tunnelram got two 500cfm carbs) on the 1/4 mile
    i`m also looking for a bleuprint of a 140"FED

27. I'd need a bit more info before I start guessing. How much does it weigh and how much horespower do you estimate it'll make? What type of slicks and what type of trans?

28. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

12,s in a 1/4 mile if your tune up is good and driving skills are all equal. why just 140" 180" is real nice and alot easyer to drive IMO
    bob

29. mr slingshot

mr slingshot
    from Belgium

A blueprint of a 180" FED is also good.
    Anyone?

30. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

FWIW My 180" near stock 392 goes mid 9's at 138-142mph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.