Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion DRAG RACES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. I'll be bringin" the minibike again and my FED is coming along very nicely, just waiting for axles from Strange. It's been a long two and a half weeks since I ordered them. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

3. Here's a better pic of the engine, I got my "Zoomies" made. :D

[​IMG]

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I was going with a single 4 but after seeing your 3x2's I doing the same...............SKIP!

5. Glad to hear that Rocky, it is a known fact that the single four would have a performance advantage, so it's good to hear you're coming down to my level :p

6. Strip T's

Strip T's

Them Firebaugh boys gonna dig that thing out huh?...Rocky you need to get a hold of Gary Reinero....he had his 40 Willy's down at the March Meet....pretty sure that has Fresno/Raisin city history.

7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

So I go to Turner's Auto Wrecking today to get a wheel for my dragster trailer and while digging around I find some BIGG HONKIN horns. So I go back and ask Jerry what are those horns I found out in "pop's" barn and he tells me they are the PA Speakers from Bayland's Raceway:eek: (Jerry tried to build a racetrack in Fresno at one time and bought Baylands equipment pretty much lock, stock and barrel).Man if these work they could make your ears bleed:D, I'll have to find something to drive them...................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A note to those of you interested in old car parts, Jerry says this time next year he'll be doing something else so if your needin something you think he might have give him a call!
    Ron, I spoke with Gary Williams from Mariposa and he said he would go by and see Gary Rinero, looks like we should have a darn good show! Rocky

8. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Dang Rocky, They'll be able to hear you in Mendota with those things! First time the PA system will drown out the dragsters.

9. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

Hey Rocky
    I'm ordering up some steel wheels to put my old M&H's on. There might be 2-3 smokers left on them, we'll see.
    It's just to risky to dismount the Halibrands back & forth so the steelies I can beat the hell out of them.
    We may have to put a little "Pop" in it to smoke em good, whatever it takes to abuse them.
    We'll bring the Fresno Dragway trophies so you can display them and some Drag News & such also.
    So far so good to making the show if I have a crew then, we'll see.

StOrMy PHD in dry hops & smoke....

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Good deal Stormy! It's almost time to start a count down:D

11. Strip T's

Strip T's

Been hearing the porto-san numbers keep climbing.....thats a good thing...right? Now see what ya went and started Rocky? Hows Zombie coming on that art?

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Well things are rolling right along with the evevnt just over a month away. I'm still looking for people who played a roll at Fresno Dragways so if you have any contacts let me know! I have talk to (and had contacted by friends) many already, names include Blackie Gejeian, Berry Bros. and Hughes, Joe Bogosian, Frankian Bros, Avedisian Bros., Gary Williams, Gary Reinero, Charlie Burns, Dale Thomas, Mike Aquistapachi, Jim Schaeffer, Ken Coventry, Stokel Bros., Rance McDaniels, Agguirre Bros., Mike Garrison, Gary Chambers, Roy Biggs, Gary Cooper (the original Flag Starter) and more. The guests who choose to appear will be treated to a breakfast....a "Breakfast of Champions" that everone is welcome to attend for only $10 each, a GREAT bench race opportunity! So if you know of anyone who played a role at Fresno Dragways/Raisan City or Hammer Field please let me know with a contact.

13. riceman

riceman

We will be there to make some noise and burn some NITRO.

Attached Files:

14. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Alright!

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Here is how the evemt layout looks, Notice we moved the RVs up near the action and ONLY '73 and earlier SHOW cars will be allowed in with the vendors and spectators. Show and GO cars will be allowed to park along the fence line from the 4 hundred ft mark to the taxi way up the middle. Don't forget your shade and chairs!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

17. thadeal4real

thadeal4real
    from FRESNO, CA

not today with the hail lol

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

How 'bout it? We are having a work weekend on May 1st and 2nd. General clean-up, hopefully some painting of our barriers and what have you, bring your gloves, rake, hoe, shovel and a good back:D If your interested in helping shoot me a PM so we can be prepared with food refreshments.
    Also if your enterested in helping the day of the event, mainly in the morning, shoot me a PM. We'll treat you to VIP treatment:D:D Rocky

19. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I can't wait any longer! Zombie knocked this out for us (this is just a draft) and it is FANTASTIC!
    [​IMG]
    Bow to the MASTER:D

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ooooh I need a T-shirt.

21. better make lots of shirts........

22. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Once Strip T's gets the final art he'll be printin' them faster the Goverment's printing money! :D

23. Strip T's

Strip T's

...the IRS thinks we print money already.....
    I think we're gonna print a few before we go so it will be easier to keep up with the on-site printing...besides....Me and the wife wanna square off in some grudge action......the 68 Dart vs The Hairy Canary 64 Valiant....lol

24. Hey Rocky I just got an email from Joe Abbin looks like there is a nostalgia race in New Mexico on the same day...... damn shame but I replied that I would be at Eagle Field............just to let everyone know here is the info...

Hi Everybody,
    This is an invitation to join us in Albuquerque on May 22, 2010 to settle that old question....which is quicker, a flathead Ford or a Chevy 6? Or maybe a Buick straight 8, a Hudson Super 6, a Chrysler New Yorker 8 or ? In the old days the Chevy guys had to paint their cars green and hide in the grass and watch the flatheads fly by. This is your chance to see who's green these days.
    The event is Albuquerque's Hot Rod Rumble. This Rumble will include a Vintage Drag Racing Association race as part of the festivities for the first time. See the attached poster and info sheet. Please forward to anyone you think will be interested either as a spectator or a racer. Stay tuned to www.roadrunnerengineering.com for updates.
    Be there or be green!

Joe Abbin
    Roadrunner Engineering
    505-296-7678

25. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Just a quick update for Rocky. Talked to him yesterday at Fomoso and he didn't realize May 1 & 2 was Dragfest so anyone interested in cleanup the dates are May 8 & 9. Oh yeah Rocky, the 9th is Moms Day.

Carry on.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

A quick update.........We had some events happen on Monday that will keep me from attending DragFest:( We really were looking forward to this event and supporting Zombie but life gets in the way sometimes. Anyways, I will be working weekends at Eagle Field getting things ready starting May 1st. If you would like to join the FUN:D let met know. Rocky

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

A little more detail on the event layout!
    [​IMG]

28. One month away. :D

29. Strip T's

Strip T's

Don't remind me....GEEZ...I've got plenty on my plate right now...lol...I just bought my boy a JR dragster....maybe Rocky will let him run it with the Mini Bikes....LOL

30. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Well race fans we're only 30 days away from our second event, and the Fresno Dragways Reunion looks to be over the TOP! I've attached the event T-shirt artwork Zombie from Rod and Kulture did for us for you to check out. The 55 Chevy portrayed in the drawing is a car that Gary Chambers race at Fresno Dragways, Today Firebaugh Racing's Jay Diedrich owns Rat Poison in its original paint and is working hard to have it running at the event. Gary along with many other racers and people who where involved with "Raisin City" have been invited to be our guest for the day so keep your eyes open, you may meet a favorite racer/hero. Special guests of Eagle Field will hopefully accept our breakfast invitation, making the breakfast a great gathering, a "Breakfast of Champions" if you will, so you may want to enjoy a great breakfast for only $10 or hang out in the hanger for some great bench racing Sat. morning before racing starts.
    This years raffle prizes will be drawn in the Museum (at the front gate), ALL admission tickets can be exchanged for 5 raffle tickets so don't miss this opportunity at a chance to win some great prizes. Raffle tickets will also be available to purchase if you need more than 5[​IMG]. The raffle drawings will start at 2pm so get get your tickets in early then make sure you stop at the museum on the way out.
    I also included the event layout map, please note the following changes. Racing participants who want to park along the fence line and watch the races between runs are asked to park in the "Show and Go" area, only show cars and spectators are allowed in the spectator area. Show and go cars are cars driven to the event, No trailers. These spaces are first come, first serve and I'll try to have 2 rows to accommodate everyone. THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR THOSE WHO TRAILER THERE CARS IN, THEY JUST WON'T BE ABLE TO PARK ALONG THE FENCE LINE TO WATCH THE RACES. Also note that that spectator RV parking has also been moved to the area just behind the vendors, racers are still allowed to park their RV's with their cars in the pit area.
    Upgrades are planned for the racing surface and PA system too name a few. We hope you enjoy yourself at Eagle Field and look forward to provide you with an experience from the past! Rocky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010