Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel wire question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Feb 22, 2010.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

I am getting ready to wire up my 54 Customline. I have decided on going with rebel wire. What kits are most of you using? I can not decide between the 8 circuit or going with the 9+3...My car is a no frills hot rod and I don't see the need for many circuits. Let me hear what you are using and have had the best results with. Thanks

2. SHRUM

SHRUM

I think i went with the 9+3. I talked to them about what I was running and so forth, also what I might run later. Very happy with the kit, had a question and talked to them right then in the garage and was walked thru it.

3. while i've never used Rebel , i suggest you go with more than 8 circuits. if a basic car will use that many up and you will have no room to expand if you add stuff later

wipers, blower fan , lights , brake lights , turn signals , emergency flashers , gauges , radio and electric fan makes 9

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

9+3 for sure, always nice to be able to add stuff if you change your mind later.

5. I did the 9 +3 and it was a great easy to install kit, well labelled, plenty of circuits available for upgrades later, great product, great customer support if needed and he's a "member"

6. 1959apache

1959apache

9+3 is the correct way to go. It covers everything that your vehicle has, such as horns, lights, and flashers, etc. the 3 extra are for power windows, locks, etc. I have one for my pickup and soon to be for my 40 plymouth.

7. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Your best bet is to give me a call and we can decide together which harness will work best....Plus I can give you the Hamb discount over the phone.
    618-395-8216

8. fbama73

fbama73

Ha!! Just what I was looking for! Love that search button!

Was debating making my own harness or buying one. Did some searching, liked what I saw from Rebel, but figured I'd see if the HAMBers had anything to say. Glenn, I'll be giving you a call in the next few weeks!

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Without a doubt the 9+3 is the kit for you or even the new 14 circuit kit as it gives you even more options.

10. custom1002001

custom1002001

I went with there 14 circuit and the gauge wiring harness very well labeled, and for future upgrades well worth the extra.

11. FatFndr

FatFndr

I also have the Rebel 14 circuit kit thinking it would be easier to expand at a later date. I initially had problems as I have never wired a car completely before and was extremely nervous about doing it myself. I found their tech support (Bob) to be knowledgeable and (in my case) very patient as he had to explain how to wire my particular ignition to me several times. Tech support (for me) is invaluable and Glenn gave me the HAMB discount over the phone when I ordered the kit.

12. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Thanks for the good words guys...

13. Well I always go to the extreme, I went with the 20 circuit, if I ever finish the coupe and if I ever wanted to add more creature comforts I wanted to make sure I could. Thanks to Glenn and the other great guys at Rebel for all the support. I love that everything is labeled so well, makes for easy application.

14. Always better to have one to many than not enough. I found the Rebel to be a very good deal for the money.

15. I went with the 14 wire Kit. I figured a few extra circuits couldn't hurt, and they came in handy. I will be using the un-needed 3rd brake light wire for locking/unlocking my torque converter...

16. shitbox2

shitbox2

I just got the 20 circuit ..cuz why the hell not lol...Great company!

17. dragass

dragass

I installed a 9+3 in my 55 Fairlane and for the price difference you should go with the 9+3. If you ever plan on upgrading you electrcal system later, the extra circuits are there.