Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

WOW would really like to see how that car in the 2nd pic came out... looks kinda wicked

2. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

DAMN that took all day to look at all those kool memories

3. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from Long Branch NJ Americas first seashore resort and 7 time US summer capital....GREAT PICTURES....Thanks for the memories especially of the Andy Kassa Coupe....and the Kassa -Don Von Dwingelo custom T-Bird rivelry-show competition in the Al Hayward show circuit.
    Lee WRAT-FM at the Jersey Shore

4. Isn't that the bus to Bikini Bottom?

RileyRacing likes this.
  5. axe grinder

axe grinder

6. Super442s

Super442s

Along the lines of the yesterday and today shots, I loved this pic that was posted earlier in this thread of Steve McQueen in his XKSS so much that I copied it and sent it out to a bunch of my friends. One of my friends in turn sent it along to a friend of his who happens to be a VP at Paramount Studios. Well his friend recognized the location where that pic was originally taken and went out and took one of how that exact same spot looks today. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

now that's cool...."then and now" shots are really fun to look at...great post!

8. axe grinder

axe grinder

9. white64

white64
    from Maine

In the before and after Atlanta Photos ... where's the "progress"?

10. BBMan

BBMan

You know, my memory only goes back to 1948-1949 or so, but some of the places in these pics, I remember at the same time they were taken and many more remind me of other places and times I have been. However, all of them take me back to a time, before Political Correctness, before healthcare reform, before the people we hired decided they wanted to control everything. A time when we all really did "just get along", as Rodney King said. And some of us didn't have much, but we enjoyed the Hell out of it, anyway. Right? I know I can't go back, but I would, if I could. I'm going to send this link to my kids so they will be able to see there really was a better time, before they were even a twinkle in my eye. Thanks for the memories.

Zwett likes this.
  11. first picture is of my grandmother infront of my grandfathers car which I believe is a Peerless.

12. Hahahaha :D

I was thinking the same thing. This sticker will be up on the evilbay for sure in about a week.

13. BBMan

BBMan

Spent my grade school years at Ellsworth AFB, Rapid City, SD. Before the B-52's And B-47's, it was all B-36's. The sound, the vibration, was fantastic! That's probably a major reason I got into drag racing in the late '60's and why, to this day, a good thunderstorm puts me to sleep.

14. BBMan

BBMan

When I was in the Navy in 1966 in Japan (Sasebo, I think), there was a sign post with many arrows and mileages to various points on the globe. One was to Wall Drug. I don't remember the distance.

15. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Small world. I posted the B-36 photo that you quoted, I flew KC-135s at Ellsworth 1989-94, and I have a radiused '55 Chev like the one in your avatar. :D

16. BBMan

BBMan

Is this heaven? Three liquor stores on the same block?

17. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

18. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

19. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

20. Now THAT'S what I call a TRAIN WRECK!!!

One thing you guys have to remember about the before and after pictures is that you all moved to the suburbs, out into the country and started doing business away from the downtown areas........that's why they are deserted now. And it was because we were more mobile because of cars!

Because of human nature we remember the past with rose colored glasses instead of the way it really was. There was good and bad, and much of the bad was not talked about or known of because we didn't have 24/7 media with your choice of biased messages. As for "before Political Correctness, before healthcare reform, before the people we hired decided they wanted to control everything", I remember when our president and his brother were killed, a president committed us to war that killed 58,148 of our best, the next president resigned, and on and on. I don't think of those events as the "good old days" but there were good times and I choose to celebrate them but I won't ignore bad things in our past either. The past is past and the present is what matters today.

dblnkle likes this.
  21. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

22. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

23. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

24. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

25. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

26. jalopy junkie