Register now to get rid of these ads!

the odd ball of this forum...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BIG=MAC, Mar 29, 2010.

1. so a friend of mine who is into older hot rods showed me this forum. even though i drive an import i have been trolling a bit. so i decided to join just bc there is alot of good info and cars here. i really hope to build a beasty rat rod soon.

as for my car i drive a 1993 civic cx. flat black. no after market body parts just more of a sleeper side. car made 404whp at 22 psi of boost. here are some pics. " puts on flame suit"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gixser

gixser
    from AZ

Its not what you daily drive. Its what you aspire to build
    Not everyone can jump right into a build

Welcome

3. just a little video of the car on low boost.
    [​IMG]

4. i have been into cars since i was 10. i have appreciate any car out there. from lowriders, to muscle cars. imports to rat rods or bombers. i am honestly a import guy it it will stay that way but i really really want to build a rat for a change

5. skoh73

skoh73

Is this a joke? Pics of a Honda and the "R" word in the first post- then video of the Honda? Welcome to the HAMB, but that stuff belongs somewhere far far away...

6. look man i joined bc this forums seems to be more info and less bs unlike other threads so i joined. dont like my car? cool, just go about your life. just thought i would throw then in the intro

7. skoh73

skoh73

I thought I was goin' easy on you. Don't say I didn't warn ya...

8. My thought exactly.

That man has some attitude aye ..:eek:

9. skoh73

skoh73

April 1st is on Thursday...

10. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I'll start the countdown in "T" minus 10

11. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

[​IMG]

By the way,you're on the wrong site with that Honda. This is a place for traditional rods an customs,not rice burners in rattle can paint.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  12. lol. dont care for looks to much just power man.

13. you speak the truth

14. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

It's great that you are a car guy. BUT I think if you spend a little time exploring this site you will find very few people interested in imports (ricers) or poorly build/conceived rods (rat rods). May even get a few critical replies to your post. Good luck and enjoy your hobby and cars.

15. This thread is a wind up.

Big Mac is the Meat in the sandwich
    and a redneck with it.. lol

16. farmer12

farmer12

BigMac, I hope you get the hint. Aspirations to build a hot rod or custom is great, but a Honda on the Hamb will not get you the welcome you're probably hoping for.Good luck finding another forum. We'll see you back here when you've started building something else.

17. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

Just trying to get you off to a start where you won't be thought of like a really ugly stepchild. If you wanna stick around go buy an old pre 48 should do it, it doesn't have to be complete or even running and if it has some parts missing that will still be cool, but leave the pix of your import beast on another site as we just don't roll that way. And last but not least never use that "R" word describing your car because there are sites that really dig those hi dollar rust buckets. If this isn't something care for you can find other sites that will welcome you but this isn't one of those sites.

18. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

BYE BYE......Big=Mac

19. X2.........Bye Bye Twit

20. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

shoot me in the face.

21. fraso

fraso

22. Welcome from New Zealand. I suggest you stick around, in spite of all the flaming, as you might find this a great place to learn some history, practical engineering, cool ideas, etc.

I can understand your love of imports (NZ Performance Car magazine was my brainchild, and I've built a number of 'em over the years - usually incorporating a lot of trad hot rod concepts), and enjoy all aspects of the hobby/sport.

Besides, you never know, you might decide to go the traditional hot rod route in the future! :D

23. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Uh, this is sorta like seeing two guys on a Harley. The passenger had better have a tire over his shoulder. Otherwise, we assume too much. I mean, the rice burner is so far out of the ballpark for this group that you really ought to delete all references to it and start over. We welcome new guys (and gals) to the scene...site...whatever, but a Honda? Get all huffy is you feel the need, but this ain't the place for it.
    And "rat rod".....you mean shitbox? (smiling...sorta)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  24. 49FordF1

49FordF1
    from Dalton GA

WOW...when I first read the intro I cringed cause I knew what was coming next. I say traditional is the way to go but I also stick to the notion that if you built it then by golly be proud as hell of it. Hope you buy you a "traditional" or "old school" rod but until then be proud of what you build....but you will need to expect some not to feel the same way. Good luck to you though and welcome from Dalton Georgia.

25. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

26. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

I originally went on a rant about this but then I noticed the date of introduction which is over two weeks ago. I think it is safe to say BigMac is no longer on the menu at the HAMB. All his post were dated the day of introduction with no activity since. Sometimes I think people search for old crap just to stir the pot.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  27. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

28. skoh73

skoh73

I still think it was an April Fool's joke! At least I hope it was an April Fool's joke...

Yeah, be proud of what you build. If it ain't my cup of tea, so be it- that's what makes the world go 'round. But there is a place for certain things and I'm damn sick of people thinking that everything has to be allowed everywhere or someone is being excluded! I sure as hell wouldn't show up on an import site and start ruffling feathers (and posting stupid stuff).

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look would someone ban him already please?