Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats a free 32 ford coupe look like

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Mar 28, 2010.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i have been looking for a 32 ford coupe to build in to a chopped channeled 50's hot rod. i wanted to find a body that didnt have a floor and was kinda ruff so i would not feel guilty for cutting up.well as 32 fords go there hard to find. on top of that when your young and not made of money there even harder to find. but i have not given up. now a good friend of my dads gave me a 32 ford 5 window coupe . this is what a free 32 ford coupe looks like. now i am not knocking it at all .i am very appreciative of him giving me this car. it has some good parts on it but i am in need of some critical parts . i need the rear roof section( qtr windows) on both sides and the rear roof rear wimdow section. now i already have access to a set of ruff doors that will need skins and a god cowl section. i will used this body to build a car out of but it is hard to find anything 32 ford with out paying buy the bound any more.as soon as i find some roof parts i will start the build. now i have it just about built in my head but the only thing i am up in the air on is the engine. caddy , olds , nailhead . wait and see

Attached Files:

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Lucky man you are

3. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

That looks like a lot of work. Good luck :)

4. wethebmx

wethebmx
    from walnut, ca

wow. well good luck man, thats gonna be a hell of a commitment and build.

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

You are amitious good luck , I hope your dream becomes a reality !

6. 562roadster

562roadster

Wow. Great project. There's a quarter window on ebay right now.

7. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

I remember when i got a car that looked just like that, and the guy asked me what i was going to do with it? I said im gonna drive it! A year later i pulled up in his drive way in it!!!!

Let the Fun begin!!!

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

nice dude! i'll give ya twice what you payed for it right now...

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

Yikes!

I have faith in ya, if you can make a hupmobile cool, you can handle this :)

Rich

10. looks more like a "ghost" of a free 32 ford coupe. Thanks for sharing you lucky ass

11. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

the good thing is i posess the skills to make something out of it. the bad thing is finding the missing parts. oh and prying the other parts like the doors , decklid, lower panel , and a good pair of qtrs from my dad. it will be a car smome day

12. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

I like this car! Makes mine look easy, but seriously I dragged home a 45 Ford P/U when I was in High School that was near that shape. Just take it one step at a time.
    Good Luck!

13. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

I hope you work this out!!! Keep puttin them pics up to show what is possible!

14. people have paid money for worse.

15. gmans356

gmans356
    from MDR

Talk to Brookville or Little Dearborn they have some NOS stuff.

16. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Congrats on the score! Lockwood is correct, you are lucky... I'll likely never get my hands on some '32 steel, if I ever do, I know it won't be free! Based on the pics and knowing that you're not loaded with coin, my only question is how are your welding and fabrication skills? If you're good, there is enough there for a cool or unique custom, still keeping with the 50's build. I would not attempt to bring that heap of metal back to being a recognizable '32 5 window coupe. Back in the 50's my father blended steel from a '30, '31, and and '32 to build his first hot rod... the old build pics I saw of his "coupe" he didn't anything much better to start with than you do.

I say you get after it, get the doors, and find some more steel and get a collection going. At this point you're not out any dough and that's the right place to start from! Best of luck with the build, ask questions from your fellow HAMBers, you've got the coolest bunch of "Uncle Nasties" on here with tons of experience to pull from.

Good luck!!!

p.s. Once your old man sees you getting after it, he may get generous with the parts or the dough. My old man did when I was building my first but i had to prove I was serious before he came around.

17. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

Most of that will buff right out.

Seriously, congrats.

18. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

32coupedeville - go for it! That's a perfect start for what you want to build, a chopped and chanelled 50's style coupe. If you take your time you will find the body panels and pieces you need to make a nice rod. I am turning an old stock car body into a 50's style 33 coupe, and like you, I started with a body that was not too good to cut up! When you are done you will hear a lot of guys muttering to themselves "How did he do that?".

Attached Files:

19. solid

solid

Free is good. I love it.

20. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

Jim Sibley would have it done in a weekend

21. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yup, this is true!

22. AceyDeucey would probably pay big bucks for that :D

23. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'll take those drip rails if you decide to not build that thing.

24. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Are you talking about D.A.N. Myer?

25. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Damn Drew, I'll have to stop out and take a look at this beast! I know where a killer 303 Olds is, we've talked about it before.

26. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

man i love your 33 coupe . what engine are you going to run?

27. dam it you beat me to it
    tk

28. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Know we all know that free isn't always easy!!! This coupe is proof of that. WOW...but hey, at least you now have one. Good luck on the build, and keep us posted. As far as engine choice...olds or caddy would be really killer.

29. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

32coupedeville - the engine in the 33 will be a 53 Cadillac 331.

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If the two of us combined cars we would really have a pretty nice start hahaha!!! I need those quarters and you need ever thing else! I think it's awesome though for sure. Best of luck and get working!!!