Register now to get rid of these ads!

Losing another Gasser driver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ltownrodder, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Randy,
    No problem on the info. I can see where people would think that pork drove is seeing as how it was painted like the filthy and it was the next car that charlie did. Those pictures are GREAT. Thank you so much for posting them.
    Wanda

2. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Room 210, Bed 1

The link again below for an electronic card to the hospital for Pork Zartman:

http://www.hanoverhospital.org/pages/patient_greeting.asp

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is from our collection of pictures. The photo was taken by dave davis. Pork under the wheel at the NHRR at columbus ohio.
    Gasser Girl[​IMG]

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just wanted to let everyone who is planning on sending an e-card that pork is no longer at the hanover hospital he has been moved to another facility.
    Gasser Girl

5. Sad news,these gasser guys are an inspiration across the world.

6. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

My prayer go out to Pork and Robin. Meeting Pork and being able to call him a friend is a honor for me. I remember as a kid listening to my Dad talk about Pork and the Filthy Forty...I don't think my Dad ever raced him, but I know he respected them..those guys were legends.

Rocky

7. Where is he now, please?

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slick 50,
    We haven't heard where he is. Dave hales was going to send his son an e-mail and hopefully we hear back from him.
    Gasser Girl

9. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

I heard from my niece that works there that Pork was moved to the Hanover Hall nursing and rehabilitation center at 267 frederick street in Hanover.
    I can't tell you what his condition is at this time.

10. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Anyone know how Pork Zartman is doing?

11. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

If he is still in there on Saturday I plan on stopping by to see him. I will post something later in the day to let everyone know how he is doing.

12. Zartman456

Zartman456

I have been over with him every day. Some days are better than others, but yesterday we had a great time. Lets just say he is still Pork, had me laughing like usual. I even took my laptop and wireless card over and he was playing around with that. I want to thank all the people who are sending him cards and pictures! I made sure to tell him all you guys were thinking of him.

Grant Zartman

13. How did he acquire the name "Pork ?" Having met him there must be a good story behind it.

14. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

We went to the home today to visit with Pork. He wasn't having a good day as they had to up his dose of morphine. He knew who we were and was able to talk to us but not in sentence form. We also talked to his wife Robin, and she thanked us for coming to see him.
    Tomorrow they are going to try to get him up and outside as he has basically been confined to his bed and his lounge chair.
    I will keep you updated as things change. Keep Robin and the family in your prayers.

15. RAY With

RAY With

Never knew the man but always top respect for the gassers and there crews. Our prayers go out to him and the family.

16. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

After aseeing the 1st pictures of him wheelstanding it back in the 60's,it ratcheted my math class day dreaming up about five notches.
    Let him know that he is still in the top five of my Hall of Fame Gasser drivers.

17. 0ldracer

0ldracer

Pork Zartman passed away this morning at 11:45 AM after a courageous battle with cancer. He was 76.

This is a very sad day!!!!

18. noboD

noboD

Sorry to hear that. Best thoughts to his family.

19. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Im in shock and don't know what to say except he's in Gods hands now and out of pain. My heart goes out to the family. I can't believe that I just saw him yesterday.

20. racer67x

racer67x

21. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Words cannot express my sorrow, Joyce and I want to express our most sincere condolences to Robin and his family. Rest in peace my friend.

22. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

RIP Pork... you will be missed.

Chuck

23. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

As us boomers age our heros continue to age as well. Given I am 63 and all the "good guys" are 10 - 15 years older this will become a situation we need to get used to (as if that were ever possible!) because it will happen to all of us sooner or later. My 87 year old mother was complaining the other day that it seemed like all she does now is go to funerals. Well mom you have out lived all of your family and all of my fathers family and all of your friends except two.

This does not make the loss of friends and loved ones any easier, just a fact of living.

Now having spewed all that philisophical BS, I do send my condolences to Pork's family and friends.

24. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

RIP Pork Very sad day bless the family & the S&S Boys

Trouble

25. Zartman456

Zartman456

Definately a sad day. I'm just glad he isn't suffering. We had alot of good bonding time before it was his time to go so I am very thankful for that.

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

RIP and I love you Grandpa.

26. bsirwins24

bsirwins24

Grant,

I am sorry to hear of the passing of your grandpa...From what I have heard, he must have been a great man....

27. petes65usa

petes65usa