Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy little Bantam 'gasser'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gator, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Gator

Gator

Here are some pics of a crazy little truck I striped and lettered last week, it was built in just a couple of weeks with mostly spare parts. Joey boxed and modified the stock frame, used a narrowed Speedway gasser front axle and a Jeep mail truck rear - narrowed on the long side so the diff's centered now. It's powered by a Triumph Spitfire 1.6 litre engine he got off ebay. Looks like a fun little ride, and with the homemade, open megaphone header it sounds like a pissed off mosquito.

Sorry for the crappy Iphone pics, forgot my camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the way - lest you think Joey's just another rat rodder, here's a picture of one of his other cars - it's been discussed on here a few times. Joey said he just wanted something fun to take out and play with, something that he didn't have to worry about like this one.

All the antique tractors in the background above are his too, I bet there was a hundred of them in the warehouse. He's also got several other nice hot rods, a couple of fire trucks, a T speedster with race history, and a bunch of other cool shit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  2. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Looks like a handfull:eek:...what's under the hood?

3. That little truck is too cool. I'm going to need to see a video of that one, please.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Isn't the red Hemi powered one a crispy critter now? A victim of the fire at Jason Grahm's shop?

Frank

5. hotrodihc

hotrodihc
    from London Ont

I love the american austins

6. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Triumph spitfire 1.6

7. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

8. bantam

bantam

Kind of a minor point since the companies were related, but the truck's actually a Bantam, at least the grill shell is, isn't it? I've got a couple shells just like it hanging on the garage wall.

9. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Yup, a Bantam front end for sure, A neat little truck.

Lee

10. Gator

Gator

No, this one wasn't in the fire Frank, but Joey did have another project there that got burnt, an REO I think. Luckily it was just in the mockup stage, but he did lose all the carbs sitting on top of a six deuce intake. There was a similar looking Dodge Brothers coupe with a hemi in it that burnt though.

You're right Bantam, my apologies to all you Austin/Bantam guys :eek:. Joey got a package deal on several cars / parts, the body for the red car, this one, another coupe and a 'panel delivery' kinda deal.

11. violet springs

violet springs

That red Bantam with the hemi is Bad Ass.

12. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Wow, a pickup and a delivery, those are two really rare bodies. I had a delivery for 32 years. Sold it to get my roadster.

Lee

13. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

that is a cool little truck

14. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

no not a rat rod
    it's a ''mouse rod''

15. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I had an Austin. How do you Box an Austin/Bantam frame? As I remember it was kind of a horizantal hat shaped stamping. I think. That was '59.

16. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

thats awesome