Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot rods with motorcycle fender pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rebstew187, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Hope these help.

Attached Files:

2. mikes51

mikes51

Some old timers liked to run the Harley springer fenders in front. I've seen a couple on the road. In this pic, the fender has been trimmed a bit so it's slightly modernized. Others I have seen run the fender complete so the flipped up tail rides low to the ground.

3. Unsafe6

Unsafe6

This is the last car to come out of the shop. BC is really pushing the fender law now so I guess Ill be making more like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rebstew187

rebstew187

5. I think this is the best example I've ever seen.

On another note- I've seen a lot of them on european cars that sit real low on the tire and that are painted black to disguise them. I always wondered how they would look in person. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

6. Wow! Any more of this one? Preferably bigger photo's?

7. Hahaha!

Awesome stance!

8. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I'm with RebStew & the others who say keep 'em comin'!!!! A feast for the eyes, dudes. This is the way I came up watching cool dudes in the later '50s and early '60s do it. I was a little kid, and I stilldream of have the perfect roadster with motor cycle fenders! Right on thread!!!!

9. ROCKIT

ROCKIT

Not mine, Mark Bulls from the UK !

[​IMG]

Nice shape in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  10. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

My buddy Dave built his "A" in the 50's and still drives it......that crazy old paint job still shines......

[​IMG]

11. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

The coupe is CLASSIC! I can't believe that top has stayed up there for so long, though! LOL

12. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. This is one of my favorites, I saw on a thread here.

Attached Files:

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

So, ya want fender pix, eh Bunky? Here is a group of them I've been "liberating" from other posts / sites. Gary

Attached Files:

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

and...

Attached Files:

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

And my favorite is probably this car... Gary

Attached Files:

17. rebstew187

rebstew187

Wow that is slick! I like it...

18. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Here are some old photos form my collection. One with chromed fenders and one with fenders painted diamond patterns on. The photos are from 1956 I believe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. GlenC

GlenC

Fenders are required by law on road registered cars in Australia, although a few 'rebels' do try to run without them occasionally. There have been a number of attempts to 'hide' them on rods over the years, including...

Flat black and hugging the tyres real close.
    Clear perspex.
    Molded fibreglass with a tyre tread on the surface, once again painted flat black.

To my mind the best looking ones are the ones made into a feature of the car, paint, chrome etc.

The biggest issue with fitting them successfully is building the supports. The fender bounces around a lot, applying stress at an angle to the end of the brace, and fatigues the metal struts very quickly, no matter how strong they appear.

Cheers, Glen.

20. toxictom

toxictom

thats what we have...

Attached Files:

21. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Watched the Disney movie, "The Shaggy Dog" and the was a 27 roadster running around with fenders. Looked really cool. Yah I read the first couple of sacastic replys to this post. If you don't have anything helpful or good to say on this sight keep off it.

22. rebstew187

rebstew187

23. [​IMG]
    Damn but that looks like Tommy Ivo! And if you look close it's a nailhead with six dueces! I think he was always a buick guy. So what do you guys think?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  24. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I gotta bring this back up top. Any new pics? I have wanted to do removable fenders for my coupe since the first fall,winter, and spring I spent here in Michigan. I have decided on cycle fenders in front, but just can't seem to decide for out back. I am tending to lean toward something like Ron Stetter has on his 3 window, however I can't get behind the long straight line the rear view makes with the fenders on. Maybe angle the rears upward as they go outward? That begs the question do you do the same with the front edge?

25. hudson48

hudson48

In Australia you must run fenders.This is one of the nicest roadster over here

Attached Files:

26. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Ftf.........:>)

27. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

28. GrantH

GrantH

anyone like this one as much as i do?? nice ride!

29. ken1939

ken1939

Nice to see that Toad from American Graffitti finally got his own ride :rolleyes:

30. purple t

purple t
    from Australia

If your running a ford diff with backing plates you can mount a bracket to stablise your fender mounts off the slave cylinder mounting bolts. I am making a removable mounting bracket on the diff. The bracket is using a diff /leaf spring U bolt upside down and a 9" spring saddle with a thick piece of angle iron welded to it , slip the ubolt over the diff from the under side, slide the angle iron and saddle mount over the u bolt tighten up and then mount the fender straps to the mounting bracket. fit the slave cylinder flex brackets.

Attached Files: