Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trepanier deuce vs. Shine deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbillydeluxe, Sep 3, 2004.

1. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

[ QUOTE ]
    another guy built a roadster last year, I forgot his name though.

[/ QUOTE ]sorry gooch....not even close to the rad rides car...

2. Mojo

Mojo

Is the TT car pie-sectioned? Or the front of the rails raised? It looks shorter in the frontend than most other 32's i've seen, but subtle, like 2" or less. Very nice car, I prefer it too.

3. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

[ QUOTE ]
    Is the TT car pie-sectioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

The beauty lines that run around the back fenders have been raised to surround the tires with the car sitting much lower, and their radius has been increased.

[ QUOTE ]
    Or the front of the rails raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

4. Van Halen with David Lee Roth is much better

5. slammed

slammed

Staker law's are tough in CA, are they not?

6. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trepanier is amazing!...I saw the Chicayne at BTT50's last year (I think that is where i saw it)....and it blew me away. sure it has huge wheelchair 22 in "dubs" on it...but for some reason (probably because they are painted) they dont bother me on that car....not to mention the thing has 1500 hp and gets 22 mpg!!!!!!!

That 32 is equally as amazing! Shines is very nice too but even though it is nice it doesnt really smack you in your face like the Trepanier deuce does....

I think if Trepanier put shines engine in his roadster it would be ultimate!!!

but thats my opinion....

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

So do you like Whoppers or Big Macs?

Why?

[​IMG]

8. GEGE

GEGE

Shine deuce? what does that mean? who paid the big bucks to buy all those PARTS and have theme bolted together?

9. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

troys..plus when you talk to troy he doesnt try to act like jesse james.

10. This discussion has got me to thinking about what constitutes the perfect hot rod Deuce roadster. So forgive me if I'm hijacking this thred, but there's one '32 roadster, since the first picture of it I ever saw made me moisten my levis. And subsequently having also seen that car in person, I think the Ken Gross '32 is my ultimate '32 roadster and probably the only car I've ever seen that I would not change even the most minute detail.

Attached Files:

11. Of course to satisfy the need for an OHV conversion and the fact that I kinda like fenders, this one is my second choice, but I'd replace the stock bumpers with hairpin nerf bars.

Attached Files:

12. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

[​IMG]

Fuck em all! I could smoke both with my acura, and it cost a fraction... and it gets parked on the street, rarely washed, and people back into it paralell parking.

In my SUBTLE and HUMBLE opinion, anyone who spends that much money on a car they cant beat the shit out of just needs to get laid...

go build something...

[​IMG]

return to your endless debate!

13. Anderson

Anderson

Sorta surprised at, and I like the fact that troy kept the stock firewall.

14. When I saw the car, it was being assembled for Goodguys. Troy and Levi both stated the car was built to appear period correct. I know all of the modifications contradict that, but if you actually look at the car, it really is THAT way. That's why the firewall and many other aspects of it are the way they are.

Also, every car built at Rad Rides is built to have the shit driven out of it. That is why these particular cars are so amazing. High tech and high dollar does not constitute it's a paperweight.

This is where we usually divide ourselves. I believe the cars built by today's professionals are JUST as TRADITIONAL as the Hirohata and Matranga Mercs. Sheerly because those kats utilized every bit of technology the had back then, just the same as they do now. If they would have had TIG welders and CNC machines at the time, they would have used them too!

Reverend Jake

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

Both shops did great jobs on their respective cars. Its all in the details in my opinion. As for Cole Foster's 36, and the 50 Fraud car. Its Foster all the way.

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I know it's been tweaked but the injection on the '32 that Troy built started as one of the one's that are sold by Cornhuskers Rod and Custom in Nebraska. It's not a Chevy piece, go to their web site and see for yourself.
    BTW I've only seen the Rad Rides '32 but I left a trail of drool around the car that I hope no one slipped and fell because of. The fact that Troy gives YOUNG Levi credit right out of the gate is true professionalism in my book. Watch out for that "KID", I'm sure we haven't heard the last of him. I talked to both him and Troy at Goodguys and they both are AOK in my book.

Frank

17. [ QUOTE ]
    I believe the cars built by today's professionals are JUST as TRADITIONAL as the Hirohata and Matranga Mercs. Sheerly because those kats utilized every bit of technology the had back then, just the same as they do now. If they would have had TIG welders and CNC machines at the time, they would have used them too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you Rev, sadly some of the folks here just don't get it!

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I believe the cars built by today's professionals are JUST as TRADITIONAL as the Hirohata and Matranga Mercs. Sheerly because those kats utilized every bit of technology the had back then, just the same as they do now. If they would have had TIG welders and CNC machines at the time, they would have used them too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you Rev, sadly some of the folks here just don't get it!

[/ QUOTE ]

i too agree fully and if there was room that would be my tag line!!

19. erlomd

erlomd

this might be too little too late but, hell why not...troys car still has the billet wheels...it just dosent look it....and the flatty, thats fuel injected as well....hell they both are just so damn fine....now I know that the shine car is put together with parts off the shelf....but since those parts were made by them, dosent that kind of make it an hand built car in some 4th dimensional sort of way?

I saw troys car personally at the GNRS a few years back and it was mind blowing, but i do agree on what some say here that the front is swung up a little too much and the rear end could be a little higher....but man...what a badass roadster.

fast forward...(or rewind a bit) and see the HHR orange/copper hemi roadster....he also has sectioned the rear 2" or so....looks nice and different but again still like the end up higher...(man I hope I didnt shake up a hornets nest)

20. Troy's all the way. Shine's is too flashy for my taste.

21. Anderson

Anderson

only by about 6 years...

22. Nothing dies on the HAMB. Nothing.

Haha.

23. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Easy Troys is for chainers. Shines is for a Hotrodder.

24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

DEJAVOOO-I was thinking about this the other day. Somebody post pic`s, Rod & Custom Dec 04 page 36 Trepanier -Hot Rod Sept 04 page 64,66 Shine Those 2 intiors look exactly the same, done by 2 different people- Gabe and Griffen- over 1000 miles apart-Was Ithe only person who noticed this. I`d be pissed if I had 300,000 Grand in an a car with another car (same year and model) Featured 3 months later in another magazine with the same exact interior. Did they use the same design artist or what. who coppied who.

25. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Shit, I thought this horse died a long time ago...

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, Erlomnd, having a boring day at the office?

Maybe it's time that Ryan and his helpers figure out how to automatically lock threads when they have had no activity for X amount of time. Six years is a bit long to wait to respond to a thread.

27. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

I know the owners of the Troy car. It's driven as much as possible by two very cool people. I see this car several times through out the summer at cruises and shows. The owners are quite up there in years and I say "Go for it". True car people. I'd rather see this than the fake patina stuff that runs around here disguised as traditional rods. And oh! Does it have a nice sound.

28. WOW! Troy's car sure is tasty. The other one's just black. I'm so bored with black, I can't see the tasty

29. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Rediculous...just friggin rediculous. can't people leave well enough alone....and at the same time pay attention to the date of the post? All these old dusty threads are really getting to my allergies.

30. erlomd

erlomd

nah..old rusty threads are just like old rusty jalopys....looks better as they age