Register now to get rid of these ads!

I went and looked at a 52 desoto today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparkevin, Nov 16, 2009.

1. moparkevin

moparkevin

Checked out this 53 Desoto today the guy's asking 1900. and it has a Hemi in it.. problem is it hasn't ran in 10-15 years... ????? right! The car is really clean, and as far as I can tell it has no major rust, and the inside is real nice.. NOt sure what to do.. offer less? no run no brakes?

[​IMG]

2. moparkevin

moparkevin

3. moparkevin

moparkevin

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

damn from the photo thats a sharp looking car id offer them at least $1700 body and interior are usable as is would make a nice project

5. snelson57

snelson57

Even for a 4 door, that seems like a good buy to me. Car looks like once you went through it, you could get a lot of miles out of it just like it is....

6. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Ive been pondering that car too. Does the motor spin? how do the wires under the hood look? if it was a cooler body style I woulda had it home by now.

7. addman

addman

Hey any of you guys got any suggestions for putting chevy disc brakes on a 51 plymouth suburban,got rack and pinion steering. Of course I want to do it as cheap as possible.

8. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

plymouth never made suburbans or any truck as far as I know.

9. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Suburban was a model of station wagon for Plymouth.

10. What picture ? X marks the spot ! Custom and Sport Suburban Plymouth Wagon.. my 59 Custom Suburban... right on quarter panel at the fin "Suburban "

Attached Files:

11. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Just that grille is worth something. I'd buy it. Get the beest deal you can but that's already pretty decent of a deal.

12. moparkevin

moparkevin

the wires are a little beats up under the hood, and they said that that motor spins..? They told me to make an offer.. I don't know.. sweet car... one more ride I want to save.. you know... ? I thought it was a deal also... maybe I'll offer a little less..

13. Cruiser

Cruiser

moparkevin - A very good buy even if something wrong with the engine. By the looks of it, I would say the engine is OK too. Take a battery jump starter and some gas and try to start it, if it turns over should be OK. :D

CRUISER :cool:

14. i'd buy it if it looks as good as it does in pics. If it ran when parked it should run now!!! sweeet deal.

15. better grab a battery and see if it spins over. plan on complete brake system if its been sitting 15 years. nice looking 4dr. sdn. wait it out and offer the dude 1k! see how hungry he is. the hemi is basically the thing that makes it really saleable.

16. moparkevin

moparkevin

Yeah the 1 st year hemi... right.. think i will offer them 1k , then if they say no .. someone else can kill it... right.?

17. moparkevin

moparkevin

I keep thinking... $$$$ wonder if someone would come down a whole 900.00 dollars.. given the don't run or stop..? Brake should be no big deal at all... does anyone know anything else about these 52 desoto's ?

18. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Not your thread.

Only one way to find out. Brakes not that big of deal. It's a great looking car definatley worth what he's asking.

19. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Looks good to me, price is right too! I'd grab it!

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

Wow....When I read the post and saw the price, that certainly wasn't what I had pictured in my mind. Looks like a no brainer to me the way it sits.

21. moparkevin

moparkevin

right I will call him again..

22. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

the motor and grill is almost worth that

23. How about some pics that work?

24. moparkevin

moparkevin

25. moparkevin

moparkevin

wow he dropped the price, but... ?

26. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

Guessing your too late?
    Maybe someone else saw the listing through this and picked it up before you.
    I would have liked to have seen piks of it because I'm interested in buying one too.
    Have just brought a 49 coupe but a 4dr would be good for piss cruising with mates.

Attached Files: