Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Are You Doing With Your Ride This Weekend ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thenuke1, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ken1939

ken1939

Stripping paint off the doors of my 31 Landau Phaeton. Tear down began three weeks ago at the storage place....

2. New shine today - shiny is gooooooood!! :D

Attached Files:

3. chris55

chris55

New rocker shafts on the wifes T-Bird, rear seatbelts in the 47, and hopefully get the 4 speed in the 55.

4. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Got my wife's 37 chevy to the muffler shop ( finally ). Will pick it up Monday and start some shakedown runs....

5. historynw

historynw

Started some re-assembly so its ready for the interior shop. I got the dash & gauges back in, the new steering column in (I found out if you have a rubber seal put in it when mocking up its changed the shaft & rag joint angle). I got a lot of sound deadner and dynamat in roof, and sides. That stuff impress me especially the deadner panels no more tinny sound. I encased some wires and fished them along the roof lines. Thats about all I can do before they seal up the car for paint. At least its a start so I don't feel like I'm losing more time. Got to get a window glass cut and drop some small trinket stuff off to the powder coater. I can wait to see it in paint hopefully next week. I got to grab the collector tubes off and try to find my trans od wiring so thats all set when we fire it up. This car has been on the blocks since 2006 we had it running in 07 but then it just sat. Warms days sre here I want my car.

6. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

that roadsters gonna look killer ... you gonna stick with the white top ?

7. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Decided after I got the Bel Air painted and stainless hung that I really did like it smooth sided. So off it came and got the holes ground down and in primer. Wife was pissed that I spent the money to paint it then spent more to prime it only to spend more to paint it again.

8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I haven't been to this shop before. Some high dollar stuff going on. Not much I can post.....................................

Except this. ;)
    Me driving there. There's about 7-8 rods ahead of me & a few behind me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Just about finished sectioning my decklid a 1 1/2 this evening, on my business coupe.

Attached Files:

• 135.jpg
      135.jpg
      File size:
      412.9 KB
      Views:
    • 138.jpg
      138.jpg
      File size:
      347.2 KB
      Views:
    • 141.jpg
      141.jpg
      File size:
      382 KB
      Views:
    • 147.jpg
      147.jpg
      File size:
      436.2 KB
      Views:
    • 150.jpg
      150.jpg
      File size:
      502.9 KB
      Views:
    • 151.jpg
      151.jpg
      File size:
      445.1 KB
      Views:
    • 163.jpg
      163.jpg
      File size:
      378.7 KB
      Views:
  10. Trying to finish the floors in the coupe, now it's snowing WTF??, yesterday I was wearing cut offs and a t-shirt and sweating.

11. gotmark73

gotmark73

Just picked up 4 T-5 transes I bought off of ebay so I can make my Ford trans with S-10 tailhousing for the roadster

12. smichaels

smichaels

Finally got my 45 finned drums on my 30 Model A project today. Welded up the old holes, redrilled for 5 on 5.5, machined for 40 inside hubs, turned the outside face, and also the brake surface. A long way to go, but in the right direction.

Attached Files:

13. padorey

padorey

My ride is in blackie's freson autorama. This is the last indoor show!!
    On the road again.

14. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

THURSDAY BUMP !!

Thinking of taking the Chally down to Cars, Coffe and Bagels in Northridge 6am-9:30am then make a quick run to Woodland Hills for Supercar Sunday 7am-10am

15. russerts

russerts

Tryin to make a lower radiator hose by sculpting it out of styrofoam and fiberglassing around it. Local muffler guy can make a custom hard hose, but can't even get 2" tubing bends right now 'cause the warehouses have nothing in stock due to economic situation. Amazing how small details can hold up the project getting my 49 Ford back on the road.

Attached Files:

16. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I'm hopefully getting the B&M shifter installed in the Fitty, get my order in for my new driveshaft from a local guy and ordering a Rebel wiring system from The Hot Rod Company. Also will try and get the trans cooler and radiator fan installed. Got the firewall brake coming in from Walton Fab next week....so running lines is after that! SO much to do...so little time before my goal of May 15th....anyone want to help? ;)

17. fbama73

fbama73

Trying once again to get the 51 Chevy coupe. This seller has been a bit flaky, but we're supposed to meet Friday at 6 to exchange cash and title. I'm excited, but tempering it a bit until I actually see his name signed on the title.

18. Running new brake lines, installling rotors, bearings, pads, etc., wiring the headlights, flushing the radiator, and brainstorming the next series of changes. for the tub. Real cutting edge project!!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am going to try to get my exhaust figured out over the weekend as well as a shifter. I may also get to putting a clay bar and some wax to this thing tomorrow through out the day. It's Swirl City!!!!

[​IMG]

20. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

hopefully preping to paint,go for short cruise.go to car show at daytona

21. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Me & my girl by my side, just cruisin' baby.
    Al:cool:

22. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

hahaha

reminds me of when i was prepping my ride for paint ... my chick wanted to pay for the paint job as a bday present ... i said cool ... she told me to take it to a place near her house they charge 250 hahahahaha i laughed uncontrolably

23. 52 csb

52 csb

Changin out my Carb for better one,, hope so!!!!! 52 csb:)

24. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

trying to finish my custom pickup box.

25. decayed40

decayed40

Well i just sent the fortys seat to the upholstery gods for some new skin, and im droppin in a new radiator and waterpump tomm. all in prep work for the ride to the round up !!! hope to see a lot of you there, stop and say hi look for the forty with the killer paint in my avatar!!:D

26. DMFB

DMFB

Making lots of dust, sweeping, then hopefully painting! If I can stretch the days out a tad, I am going to get my lake headers kit put together too. That should make for a full weekend.

27. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Taking mine for a cruse to a car show this weekend

28. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Driving mine 120 miles to a swap meet.

29. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

thursday bump !

30. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Breakfast run on Sunday.........130 mile round trip.