Register now to get rid of these ads!

my project 1950 plymouth

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Nekrowolf, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Nekrowolf

Nekrowolf

Hello every one just another car fanatic trying to start on my project car which is my 1950 Plymouth with the original in line 6 which I believe 217.8-cubic-inch L-head six and a 3- speed trans. Every thing is original no mods yet, my goal is to leave the original engine and chasses and diff. but things could change also I would like to chop the top and lower it or put it on bags. If any one has any suggestions or crazy ideas I would appreciate it thanks and check out the pics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. welcome. here is a pic of my chopped 49 Plymouth for reference. Bud

Attached Files:

3. Nekrowolf

Nekrowolf

thanks man great looking car

4. farmer12

farmer12

Good to see a fellow Mopar dude here on the Hamb. Welcome from the Netherlands!

5. Welcome from a little south of you....another Plymouth checkin in.

6. Nekrowolf

Nekrowolf

sick ass 41 man.. looks clean..

7. Welcome from New Zealand. Look forward to seeing what you do with that 60 year-old Mo-Power.

8. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from GA

9. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

Hi Nekrowolf, I to am new to HAMB and also have just purchased a 49 DeSoto Coupe, same body as yours. I've been doing a lot of research and still haven't come across the perfect chop for this body. Have to wedge cut maybe 3" front 5"rear.

10. another welcome from a fellow mopar owner. here is my 51 hardtop

[​IMG]

11. tankwilson

tankwilson

[​IMG]

Heres mine... the one on the left. 49 Plymouth, chopped, dropped, and hardtopped. The one on the right is excatly what my car looked like when i got it.

Since the pic i have lowered the front even more. Thanks glendale.

Thanks
    matt

12. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

welcome Nekrowolf, I have a 50 plymouth as well. She's currently getting a tranny swap but will be on the road soon.

13. Huckster59

Huckster59

welcome from illinois

14. Nice mopar,but shouldn't all the photos and comments be on the main board???This is intro forum page and I dont see an intro from you Necrowolf

15. choptop kid

choptop kid

kiwikitz i found some pics of the perfect chop for your desoto - look at the thread for 51 through 53 plymouths .

16. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

Thanks choptop kid, but I couldn't find the thread you mentioned. I have looked at a lot of similar chops. I really like the look of tankwilsons chop above, but maybe an inch higher at the front. Can't really say till I start working on it. Which is 12 months away.

17. KStewart

KStewart

Split the exhaust with two stock mufflers. Will make the Plymouth sound very nice.Could make a lady out of her with skirts.I had a 49 Dodge coupe with one seat a buseness cpe. and I had dual exhaust and skirts with Dodge Lancer hub caps. Sure did enjoy the car in High School.

18. 4DoorNoMore

4DoorNoMore

Welcome from another newbie w/ a Plymouth. Mine's a '51 Cranbrook Club Coupe.

...and here's a link to one of the nicest and best documented flat-6 build-ups out there http://www.50plymouth.com/02-hom/home.html

Good luck w/ the project.

19. addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes
    from Orcutt, CA

Santa Barbara, you're not too far from me, still have the car? How's it coming along?