Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else building old dodge/plymouth other mopars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Nov 6, 2003.

1. zon

zon
    from Abbotsford

See my avatar. A friend of a friend who had it stashed and a few dollars later... then it's parked in my garage.
    1947 Dodge D25 Special Deluxe 4-Door, rear suicide.
    Original Flathead 6 with 3-in-the-tree.
    It's a Canadian Dodge which is mostly the same as the P15.

Working on the Swiss Cheese Floors at the moment...:rolleyes:

2. Zon.......have attached a couple of pics of my Oz 1940 Dodge Sedan, I've had it since 1971, its been rodded since 1973, 318 Poly,Auto, 4 wheel discs, rack & pinion, bucket seats, rear guards widened 2", also have a 1941 Plymouth Coupe thats gunna eventually get the 230 thats on the stand, Edgy head,Offy Twin intake,split exhaust,T5, Discs, tho' at present its still got the stock 201, dropped 2" all round with 6x15/7x15 Chrome Vintiques & Coker radials.......regards, andyd

Attached Files:

3. Rev.Jackson

Rev.Jackson

It really is in great condition there is only one rot spot about 3 inches behind the driver door other than that she is cherry. I put a new 6 volt battery in today and she fires right off now it needs a tune up and a new rear brake seal and it needs some new floats for the gas gauge and speedo cable and thats it. Im going to keep the original baby blue but do a white top with a white and blue interior .

4. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

There's not a lot of info in the Rodder's Journal article... Just dug it out, and it says the carbs are Stromberg 97's. Says the intake manifold is a Harper, Edmunds head and air cleaners, Elgin Cam, pointless ignition. Says 146 horsepower at 4300 rpms. Runs through a T-5 transmission and ford 8" rear end.

Rodder's Journal issue #21, Winter 2002. Delivery belongs to Al Engel.

Pete

5. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Thanks Man! thats the set up right there a little more crome than I would like but looks good in there. I am really diggin what some simple upgrades can achieve . Mine may not end up that pretty.

6. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

Careful Mopar is contagious.

Attached Files:

7. Rev.Jackson

Rev.Jackson

Larry that is one hell of a sweet ride . " I have a fever and the only cure is more MOPAR!"

8. Richiestix

Richiestix

Yep got a 46 Dodge pick up in progress.

9. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Love the old schoool scallops bad ace man !

10. Independent

Independent

Hey that one looks killer.

Anyone got picture of a chopped 46-48 dodge business coupe?
    Or anyone who can photoshop one like this -49?
    //John

11. oldplymouthsrock

oldplymouthsrock

Just bought a 32 3 Window coupe. Can't wait to get it on the road. Got lots of work to do though.

12. Garranimal

Garranimal
    from Tampa, FL

Hey All,

First post. Ok, i am hooked. I recently bought an unbelievable '55 belvedere with a 230 L6 and 3 on the tree. On my maiden voyage with the car, it overheated and started billowing white smoke out of the exhaust. Upon pulling the head, the gasket between 1-2 (or 5-6, front two cylinders) was bad, but the real culprit was a totally burned exhaust valve in 4 (or 3). In any case, the motor is at the machine shop now and i have been up late and out of bed early researching parts for this engine. While at first I was thinking a modern 5.7 hemi swap, i am not totally into building this old flat head.

Here is my question. Does anyone have any info as to whether Earl Edgerton is still producing his aluminum heads and grinding cams? His website is down and he hasn't responded to my email inquiry and the last updated posts I saw about purchasing one of his heads is about 2-3 years old. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

13. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

The Plymouth I'm building isn't old compared to the others in this thread... :D

[​IMG]

14. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

Try www.edgyspeedshop.com

As far as I know, he is still producing the heads and other speed stuff...

Pete

15. moparjack44

moparjack44

Good looking 55 GAR.
    Welcome to The H.A.M.B.

Jack

16. acosta

acosta

Hello everyone,

It was sure funny to read through this thread, and come across the image Van Horton posted. Thanks, Van Horton, for making me regret recently selling my business coupe. Really, readers, that's my car shown there! Well, was.... As I stared at your image, I thought, "Wow, that one has got the same color fade as mine, with the red primer showing through... hmmph... and it has a ding in the rocker moulding just under the driver door, just like mine.... hmmph... Say, waitaminute! Ha!"

Every now and then over the past few years I'd go into the barn or look at my pics and think, "This could be sweet... a little lower, and little chopped...", but that picture you produced was much more potent than the visions in my mind (which were always quickly deflated as I flash back to the reality of being overextended and underfunded).

I thought it would be neat to share the original you worked from, so that everyone could see the "original" and "modified".

Alright,
    Great,
    Acosta

Attached Files:

17. acosta

acosta

I just posted a moment ago, but I also wanted to contribute some pictures to the thread of my 54 Dodge Royal Sport Coupe. It's on the list of things to build within the next 15 years. Factory 241 Hemi, Auto, PS, PB, Radio. I had a second 54 Royal Sport Coupe that I parted out to supplement building this one... so I've got parts coming out my EARS, including a continental kit. Motor was froze when I got it, but I got it unstuck and it runs (badly, but it runs). Even if it didn't, I've got the 241 Hemi from my parts car, which runs, too.

With the parts I've got for it and how straight it is, it should go together pretty quickly and pretty easily... once I get around to it, three cars from now.

great,
    thanks!
    acosta

Attached Files:

18. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

Just brought a 49 DeSoto Coupe which I will airbag to lay frame on the ground and wedge chop roof. I know the body is the same as Plymouth, Dodge, etc but I'm yet to see a DeSoto chopped and sacked.
    2nd pik is a quick photochop, I plan to do.

Attached Files:

19. No Clue...

No Clue...
    from Lusk, WY

I have yet to go through the complete thread, but another "WOW" thread I've found on the H.A.M.B.

Never really did much in the way of old mopars, but that has changed. Spent the last 8 weeks restoring a 73 Roadrunner for a customer and he turned me onto a 71 Duster, then I found a 59 Dodge PU that I'm in the process of buying. Also just found a great 57 Hardtop with no drivetrain, but the body is super straight....and it might be FREE !! No pics of it yet, but here is the Duster and PU. Since I just moved to a heavy snow zone, and I like to drive my cars year round, I am leaning toward turning the PU into a 4x4.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. devilleish

devilleish

A buddy of mine just passed away, he had a '41 Dodge business coupe he bought from some guy who ran out of steam on it. Already had a Camaro subframe, Ford 302/AOD, and a 4" angle chop - the thing looks mean as hell. I can't get the one pic I have to work. His widow's planning on finishing it the way he planned and then getting HER '49 DeSoto coupe on the road.

21. Arthur1958

Arthur1958

We recently painted my son's '51 Plymouth:

Attached Files:

22. moparron426

moparron426

well I posted way back on page 6 or 7 and I have a few different mopar projects going now,
    I have a 41 dodge PU going together with a 41 willys nose as my race truck
    it has a 493 ci stroker(440)/727 and Dana rear end 12"x29" slicks

and I am building a 34 dodge roadster PU that will be powered by a 440/727 also, with a mopar 8 3/4 rear end. hopw to have them done before the end of the year:cool::D Ron...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this was my last truck(squattie) sold it at the good guys Delmar show
    [​IMG]

23. moparjack44

moparjack44

Great looking projects you have going ron426.
    Looks like you have a good partner working with you. It's a Yellow Lab isn't it? I have a Golden Retriever as a helpier :D.

Jack

24. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

BLESS YOU for having fenders! Rides like these do look cool without the fenders, but it's got to where so many people do it, you rarely see those big sloping fenders anymore. Awesome.

25. moparron426

moparron426

Yeah shes a lab, shes a photo hound, its hard to get any pics without her in them, I have to keep calling her over to my side, she loves shadows or lights
    or reflections and has to chase them so the flash from the camera is her friend:D:cool:
    her name is Kali but her nickname is "shadow" because she is always by my side

and fish tank, I went back and forth about using fenders and decided that I like this truck better with fenders:cool: Ron...

26. crapshoot

crapshoot

currently under construction the 50 cornet

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

SDflat6.jpg

I do like a nice 33 MoPar:cool:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
    scotts52 likes this.
  28. Jen......

Jen......

1951 Plymouth Belvedere last registered 1977 hasnt been driven since. Purchased in early 1980s for 149 dollars. Sits quietly in the barn waiting for the day to see road again not sure if that will ever be since i cant drive

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. farmer12

farmer12

Here is my build, a 41 Plymouth coupe.Started building/tearing down last december and it will have 392 hemi with a tko 600. The frame has been strengthened and modified to handle the 500 horses. Car has been sand blasted, primered but I'm still working on the metal. Check out my build thread: 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi. Enjoy!

Attached Files: