Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool way to display a hood ornament!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barnfind 56, Mar 6, 2010.

1. What a great idea pieces of cars are art as much as the cars themselves. I'm going to have to try that , when I have a little time. Rob.

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Thats real nice. Thanks for the show n tell.

3. One time I took a spare trunk brake light housing (without the lense)
    and cut a picture of my car to fit from the back side......made a
    nice picture frame.

Might also use a tail light frame, or other assorted car parts.

The Pontiac ornament looks great.

[​IMG]

4. rustyls1

rustyls1

That thing is badddddd!!! Love it

5. rustyhood

rustyhood

I think it looks awesome! Nice job.

6. 1320/150

1320/150

I think that is awesome. You could make mint doing other hood ornaments accompanied by an original advertisment. It reminds me of some of that cool stuff they do with autographs and memorabilia framed!!! i didn't see if you answered if your dad did the neon?

P.S. Chevyshack is a douchebag!!!! You think your the only one with something that has been deleted...

7. Butch M

Butch M

hey that's cool............

8. 61 chevy

61 chevy

hell, i got a 56 plymouth hubcap hanging on the wall

9. millersgarage

millersgarage

if you are ever in the Kalamazoo Michigan area, check out the display of hood ornaments at the Gilmore Car Museum.

here is a youtube link I found
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRGJH2sxrHc

I can't seem to find any good photos online of the whole collestion, but it is amazing

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's really cool. is it under glass or just out in the breeze?

11. neon charly

neon charly

barnfind,
    your dad sure does have a knack for building these cool displays. i will be keeping that picture for my website.

im also proud to say that im doing the neon in the next two displays. he dropped them off today! they are a 1950 oldsmobile, and a 1950 desoto. they should be really cool when they are done! hopefully you can get some pics posted up when he gets em hung up.

12. Barnfind 56

Barnfind 56

Neon Charly is doing the neon work. He does an amazing job. They are under glass. I will post up pics of the other ones, they turned out really cool! I might just start another thread on them that way it is under Art and Inspiration.

13. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Being a BOP guy you should be melting the elastic in your BVD's...........:rolleyes: I guess a better question would be, How is a mid 80's Oldsmobile HAMB friendly?

Being a true BOP tribal member, heavy on the PONTIAC, this idea rocks and I envy the thought! I have a light up Indian sitting on my vanity next to my perfume and jewelry. I was going to put it on my 55 Chieftain, then I was going to mount it to a piece of polished wood, then I was going to put it on the car.......frack, maybe I'll go retro with the shadow box and neon and annoy Chevyshack some more. Or maybe I'll start pulling the ones I've collected out of a box in the garage and finally get around to mounting them on something nice instead of collecting dust in the garage.

Being indecisive is my prerogative as a woman and I take it very seriously.:D