Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dayton Ohio area 2010 meet and greet March 27th. Taj Ma Garaj tour added.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chris55, Feb 23, 2010.

1. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

What is at the Taj?

2. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

See post #45 for a link with many pictures.

Jim

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Perhaps you should go back to my post #45 and click on the link. Scroll down past the breakdown part and get to the next day. My visit to John's place is posted in great detail including lots of photos.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I got a phone call which slowed down my typing :D

5. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Are you gonna make it Denise? Inquiring minds want to know.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I really can't. I'm in the mist of a major kitchen remodel. The new window over my sink should be here any day now. I'd like to install that this weekend. Once that's installed I can install my backsplash, hopefully Sunday. My new cabinets knobs should also be here by then. I've got stairway carpet to pull up still and subfloor to get down. Not to mention a ton of painting to do. I'd like to have everything done before I leave for the RoundUp. I still have a 40 hour week here at work.:rolleyes: I really don't have a Saturday to spare right now. You guys are going to have BLAST!

7. vert1940

vert1940

i will be in town..so i am going

8. vert1940

vert1940

bttt 2 days left...where is everyone?

9. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I was downtown yesterday and drove by there trying to figure out whats what.
    The warehouse across the street thats on google maps is gone now.
    It was congested with construction traffic and most of the parking was full.
    I hope Saturdays are different. Not sure if I will drive my F1 I cant lock the doors right now and its not in the best area.

10. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

haha, wow I skipped right over that.

11. tajmagaraj

tajmagaraj
    from Dayton OH

Mudslinger,
    Your F1 will be safe if you plan to visit the Taj on Saturday. We have had numerous activities here. Most of which go well into the dimly lit evening, with no security problems.
    The warehouse you refer to was actually a DPL steam substation that was leveled in 2005.
    The overall lack of parking that you saw was due to the students attending Sinclair Communtity College and CJ High School, both of which are closed on weekends.
    Park on Eaker St. and you'll be fine. I do every day.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I have also parked Big Olds in the area with the top down and have never had a problem. In fact I don't ever remember seeing anyone walking around there at all. Very quite on the weekends.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

They moved the homeless shelters to accross the river on the west side so there are not as many bums hanging around, and now that the bus station is gone I noticed less people hanging around downtown and I work a few blocks away.

14. saucerhead

saucerhead

I'll be there and maybe I can drag my buddy SOTA along. Also, I may drive my modified for it's first spring shakedown.

15. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Should be there in the Galaxie with Mike and the Richcraft Special

16. To all of those who have never been to John Dixon's place, aka Taj Magaraj....

****GO**** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cars, the hospitality, the genuine car guy friendliness, you have to see and experience it, to believe it.
    I went the 1st time with a VW buddy of mine, Dave Conklin, aka cornpanzer here on the HAMB, and was flat blown away. There are some O/T cars there, sure, late model Porsche's and such, but some of the stuff he has, and the decor in the buildings, just has to be seen to be believed.
    The 2nd time, was with a bunch of VW/Porsche heads, and there had been quite a few changes, additions to the collection, and renovation to the buildings. Heaven only knows what he has been up to in the last 5 years, since I was there last.
    Jeez, I'm ready to hop on a plane from NorCal, myself, now....

17. dobie

dobie

I'll be there with 2 buddies.

18. paintcan54

paintcan54

I'll be coming and look like it will just me, wifes got to work and everybody is got other plans. Is anybody else from Indy going over?

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If its nice I will bring my 37 chevy p/u or be in my 65 custom 500 moredoor if its rainy.

20. chris55

chris55

Tomorrows the day! Called Quaker Steak again last night, to make sure they had not forgotten us. So everything is looking great. Everyone have a safe trip up, down, or over, and we'll see you all Saturday morning.
    Chris

21. LowA100

LowA100

What time are things starting tomorrow?

22. tajmagaraj

tajmagaraj
    from Dayton OH

Just a heads up for all who are coming to the Taj Ma Garaj before going to Quaker Steak & Lube. City snow plows have knocked down a couple of street signs but you can park safely on either side of Eaker St.
    I will be arriving there very close to 10 AM to open the door numbered 90 for you. It is directly under the roof mounted blue Beetle and a red 911 on the second story.
    You are more than welcome to take as many pictures as you like.
    Kindly do not touch the cars or go beyond any of the roped off areas.
    For those of you not from Ohio, there is no smoking permitted inside the building(s).
    Thanks for choosing the Taj!

23. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

24. go to bed old man!!!!!!!:d

25. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

What time are you guys going to be at Quaker till?

26. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Till eveyone gets tired of talking. Last year a few of us stood around talking for a while.. If your gonna be late and want to know if we are still around you can give me a buzz...765-914-1817 and I will let you know if we are still around.

27. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Just got back home. Abbie and I had a great time and enjoyed the company. Thanks for co-ordinating Chris and for having us.

Jim

28. vert1940

vert1940

randy and i had a great time also.that taj-ma-garage is awesome.met some great folks.the white brothers should be an inspiration to the rest of the younger guys here...polite,dedicated and driven..great guys!!

29. sota

sota

Chris thanks for putting on the meet and greet today.It was a good turn out today and I look forward to the next one!

30. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

I had a great time thanks for putting it all together.