Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 23rd ANNUAL GUNNISON COLORADO CAR SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. bonesy

bonesy

Johnnie - I think I'll have taken delivery of a new "runner" by the time of your show. I'm really going to try to make it up there!

2. mad-cad

mad-cad

We'll be scratching our way over the hill from Basalt again to hang out for the weekend.
    Do I bring the 56 caddy or the model A?....decisions,decisions.

Tim

3. Well Scott, all I can say is: "IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME !" Seriously, it would be great to see you up here, bring all your hoodlum friends too, like the Johnson boys. Some good folks down your way..............

Tim,
    Just bring your smilin' face, after that it's all gravy. Decisions indeed, you have some very cool rides.

Glad to hear you guys are coming !.....Johnnie.

4. bonesy

bonesy

I'm working right now to get some other going. Fingers crossed.

5. Gentlemen, I reiterate, if you have any thoughts of coming to the Gunnison Show, book you lodging now ! ! !

Have recently talked to a few fellas who have booked rooms only to be told they got the "last one" or, "next to the last one". Rooms are flying off the shelves...

Don't hesitate to cantact me with any questions, ideas, or concerns.

Johnnie.

6. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Looking forward to this. Always a good time and cant wait to see the RevTones

7. Chris,

Talked to Marcus the other day, the REVTONES are ready for both nights. They are gonna flat rock the Friday night cruise-in !

Also, have started collecting the contents for the PINATA..............watch out.

Johnnie.

BTW: I think a couple folks didn't make it to the party last year due to miscommunication. I apologize for that. Don't wait till Saturday to try to get my attention, am quite distracted the day of the show. Anybody who hasn't been and wants to attend, get with me early and we'll sort it out.

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Those that haven't attended this before need to think about it. Great show , great people , and a great atmosphere ! I really enjoyed myself last year !

9. lugnut48

lugnut48
    from Colorado

I am lookin forward to headin out to the hill's for one of Johnnie's big blowouts... Hope to see everybody there. :cool:

10. ********************** 2010 DJ -- Alex "Axle" Idzardi *******************

Speaking of last years DJ, looks like Alex will be this years DJ, which is great for us.

We're leaving the details until Alex is done dealing with the Viva Las Vegas - Shifters Show.

Will keep everyone posted as things happen.

Johnnie.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  11. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

It will be great to see every one there!

12. Mercchev

Mercchev

OK, Got my VLV fix in...Now it's time to start thinking about the Gunnison show. Johnnie puts on a great party afterwards...Hopefully we'll see some more out of towner HAMBers there.

13. axle

axle
    from Drag City

THE show to be at in August !

14. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm making plans, now.

15. ************************ANNOUNCEMENT***********************

Just talked to Alex, appears he has recovered from the Shifters Viva Las Vegas Show.

It's official, DJ Axle will be spinning tunes at the Gunnison Show. He enjoyed it so much last year he agreed to a return appearance. Alex did a great job and we are happy to have him back.

Between DJ Axle and the Revtones we are in tall cotton on the entertainment front ! !

Johnnie.

16. Mercchev

Mercchev

Righteous...It'll be a great party. See you there. No Tuaca Bombs this year for me, though...

17. bonesy

bonesy

I finally sold my car.

I've made an offer on a driver. If the guy takes it I'll be driving up!

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the re invite ;)

19. Bringing this back up for the weekend crowd. Hotels reserving rooms fast, so get it early !

So for a quick update.

The are REVTONES playing the Friday evening Cruise-In.

DJ AXLE will be spinning tunes at the Show Saturday in Jorgensen Park.

WIL COOKSEY will be on hand to recieve the Iaacoca Award and give a Corvette Workshop.

Still working on a Tech workshop, like the Flathead Class Dave Crouse did last year, and a display of interest to HAMB'ers.

PM me any questions you may have......Johnnie.

20. Bringing it up for the Sunday crowd.....

21. It's a great show! I went for the first time last year, and can't wait to go back!

22. M.Edell

M.Edell

This is going to Kick Ass..Finally get to hang out with my fellow American Graffiti Nerd Axle! lol...

23. choptvan

choptvan

Count me in. As stated johnnie always has a good party. I will be bringing along a few Hell Bounders with me this time. Still got a yard to throw a tent in johnnie?

24. Shannon,

No worries, lots of yard space. This is gonna be a good one.............

Johnnie.

25. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I am thinking about going to this show. a nice change. sounds like a good time.

26. If you are serious, take heed of my hotel warnings, get a room now.

We had several cars come from Wichita last year, they all came out to the house for the after party, had a great time. Gunnison is an excellent place to be in August.

Johnnie.

27. aircoup

aircoup

dem dere cowboys aint too friendly tuwards california people but thay take a beatin just the same

28. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey,Johnnie What can we bring to the party?

29. Bring Lawn Chairs, other than that, just yourselves. There will be plenty to eat / drink, and the Revtones will be ripping it up on the stage.

PM me your e-mail and I'll make sure you get an invitation. In fact, anybody who wants to come to the party PM me your contact informarion.

Johnnie.

30. 1931av8

1931av8

Best party in Colorado...guaranteed! RevTones will be great...downloaded their album and have been playing it a LOT in the shop. Won't miss this, hell or high water!!

Tom