Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 chevy wheel fitment question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, Mar 24, 2010.

1. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

So I decided that I might try and go for a little different look on my chevy. I wanted to run wide white walls with some 72 spoke buick wires. I have kind of always liked the look of them, and thought they might look kind of neat on a mild custom.

Well, the first problem is quite obvious, buick wheels will not just bolt onto a 4 3/4 bolt pattern. So after doing some research I figured out that jaguars also shared the common chevrolet bolt pattern. I found a set of pretty descent wheels off of an 83 xj6, that can be purchased reasonably.

The other thing I discovered is that a common problem with putting hubcaps on stock steel wheels is that a shallow cap often will not fiit, due to the chevrolet hub sticking out so far. Leading most people to have to run a cap with a deep bulge in it.

I know that the 15x8 jag wheel will bolt directly onto the car, but my only concern is that the hub depth may be so deep that I can not run the center caps.

Unfortunately the wheels are about 4 hours north of me, and I do not have another one that I can borrow long enough to try it. Anyone out there ever run a set of jag wire spokes on a 53-54 chevy???

2. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

nobody? Surely someone has something to contribute to this.