Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Shed's Alittle Empty Now.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Mar 23, 2010.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

....BUT there's a guy in Oakley Queensland whos shed is going to be alittle fuller very soon.

As some might know I purchased a second 1947 Oldsmobile convertible a couple of years ago.
    [​IMG]

The plan was to do a taildragger outta it. After thinking about it for awhile and not starting on it I decided to let it go to someone who had more energy, time and money to do the car up right and low and behold that person lives in Oakley Queensland.

"Rusty Olds" as I affectionately call him, left yesterday on a transporter heading to Long Beach, California where he'll be put in a container for the trip over the pond. The sale was painless and went flawlessly.
    [​IMG]

I'm standing in front of my house. The transporter was so tall he could not pull down my street because of the trees. He had to go around the block and come down the other street and then backed down my street just alittle bit. I sat on the seat springs and steered Rusty Olds outta the garage, down my driveway, and down the street to the transporter. Gary the driver pushed and made voom voom sounds....seriously. He made my last "ride" in Rusty Olds very memorable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never really saw one of these 10 car transporters up close, not moving, where I could actually check out all the details.
    [​IMG]

The owner/operator was really cool and about my age. He's second generation and started his own company 7 years ago. He's a car guy outta the Springfield MO area with the nickname Rooster therefore he named his transportation company Mr Roosters.
    http://www.go-rooster.com/
    He answered all my questions as he was loading Rusty Olds
    [​IMG]

He runs strictly from Detroit to Cleveland, Indy, StLouis, Phx, San Diego then LA.
    [​IMG]

Bye Bye Rusty Olds......Livonia's loss is Queensland's gain. I wonder how many 1947 Oldsmobile convertibles are in Austrialia??
    [​IMG]

What am I going to do with all this room now???
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

How fitting to have a purple semi with purple lettered tires pull up in front of your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I've never even SEEN purple lettered tires!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Him and I specificly talked about those. They were custom done. The truck was absolutely beautiful.

4. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

She's......ooops......he's gone to a good home, it'll be alright.

6. I like the one on the right!!!! hahaha...

7. rebelrat

rebelrat

big oven, more cookies

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You know me only too well sweetie. Even though Rusty Olds has only been around a couple of years I did become kinda attached. I'm alittle blue BUT I know it was for the best. He's going to a guy that has big plans to build him nicely and put him back on the road.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Do you know I did buy a bigger oven?? Seriously...about two months ago. Twice as big as my last one.:D

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You asked and I'll answer. What will you do with all of the extra space? You can rent it out to me to store one of my projects. I never have enough space. Then I can come down every so often to check and see your not selling parts off it. While there I'll take you out to dinner so it's a win/win for you.:rolleyes::eek::cool::D
    When I leave you can supply me with a big sack of cookies to take home. Win/win for me.

Frank

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

why don't you buy a high mileage older rear wheel drive sedan made by the company your father worked for...drive it on days when it isn't nice for BO...and then give it a nice warm, cozy place to rest

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well....if one of your "projects" is a running, driving roadster with the keys in it, you can leave it in my shed for as long as you'd like and stop in whenever to visit it AND I promise to NOT sell parts off it.:D Oh yeah, and dinner sounds wonderful.;)

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

SEDAN??? :rolleyes: and I thought you knew me.:p

14. Roadsir

Roadsir

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

looks like a little garage cleaning and organization is in order now that you have some extra room. I got a cheap falcon wagon that would look great in there.. everyone needs a long roof

16. The top is only up when you park it at night otherwise top down and let the hair do twisters in the tail wind.
    The sadness will soon go and just think of the fellow on the other end , he will be like a little boy at christmas. Mom is it here yet ,mom is it here yet, he is going to drive his family nuts till it's there.
    You did a good thing bringing happiness to others. Keep smiling , Rob.

17. you need a ute.....or as mentioned elsewhere, a roadster ute....;):D think of it as a 'exchange' as such of a worldly magnitude....:D

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

18. I'm sure you will find something to fill up that empty hole,,it might be time to add a roadster to share space with Big Olds. :D HRP

19. Funny, I was going to say I see a roadster in your future.

20. wow a room for rent. That garage space is as big as my apartment.
    Well if I didn't put my roadster at my moms I could have parked it there and I would have left you the keys.
    That cookie trade sounds cool mmmmmm I love your cookie s. Hhahahahaa

21. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

So have you picked out a wagon yet? Mini Bike madness isn't too far off.....

22. hudson48

hudson48

From Hotrodladycrusr
    "BUT there's a guy in Oakley Queensland whos shed is going to be alittle fuller very soon."

I think it might be Oakey about 100 miles west of here in Brisbane
    Couldn't find Oakley anywhere except under sunglasses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakey,_Queensland

PS.I hope it turns out as nice as yours Denise.Is he a HAMBER?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, you are correct, it's Oakey. No wonder I couldn't find it when I did a Google search. :rolleyes:

Anyway, no he is not a HAMBer. He's a friend of my Aussie pal John who came to visit last summer with his lovely wife. John feel in love with Rusty Olds and wanted him for himself but didn't have the room. He told his mate Gary and the rest is preety straight forward. I think Gary felt so comfortable with the sale cuz his pal actually saw the car in person. It's goig to be Gary's first build.:D

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Another one that knows me real well.......I haven't picked one out yet but it's in my future for sure.:cool:

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D Top was up cuz I took Big Olds out the other night and it was cold.

26. Ramblur

Ramblur

One word. REMODEL! :p

27. skidsteer

skidsteer

I had hoped we would see Rusty back home here in Pa, preferably covered with mud at the Showdown....... but I guess it was time for him to move on.

28. Toner283

Toner283

Two words.... Hot Rod

You have a custom, now you need a hot rod.

29. t-rod

t-rod

I'll also vote roadster, the tub would be good to.

30. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

From the Philly Ghetto to Livonia Michigan to Oz. Rusty Olds gets around. Glad to see things worked out for you Denise, see you in Paso Maria