Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Geo Poteet ..New Truck @ GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edweird

edweird

yup!

2. Ebert

Ebert

I am a big Poteet fan...
    I am a big Brian fan...
    I am big Troy fan...

I am not a big fan of this thing...awesome build and craftsmanship, but taste is really important. Maybe me, but LESS is MORE.

3. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

Saw the latest issue of hot rod magazine and you would think by the write up that troy built a pick-up with the help from brian stinger. The project was built at Brian's shop (stinger's hot rod shop), not the other way around. Troy never saw the project until last summer or something like that. Brian built this truck for the past several years because I have seen all the pictures. Before the truck left brian's shop it was assembled and brian went to troy's to help finish the final details and paint. Proof in pictures. Look at brian's websites. People should give credit where credit is due. The magazine should write proper details before it prints.

check out more details http://stingershotrodshop.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010

4. The truck was in Toronto this past weekend,
    with a big Rad Rides sign beside it.

5. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  6. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

All I did was the wheels, and the wish bones. He brought them to me in Cincinnati. Some one at Troy's did the rest I think. I was supposed to do the rest, and the lettering.. But didn't get to.

I agree, it sucks that credit is getting thrown the wrong way, but.. it happens. :cool:

It's happened to me on a 32' I built.

Thanks for the kind words,

Joshua Shaw

7. You can't deny the craftsmanship and wonderful work involved or the motivations of the owner, they are all top shelf....but I get a little lost in this one. To barrow a phrase from the 50's custom guys, this has to many tricks for me.
    Just my two...

8. Bull

Bull

I saw this truck in Chicago at the WOW show. I was very impressed. Looks much better in person than pics show. When I walked by it during the weekend once, Troy Trepanier was talking to a group judges about the truck -- going over all of the details.

Pics I took of it in Chicago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Troy isn't the first guy who let his ego turn folks off.

10. sota

sota

OK if the build was going so good then why did George take it to Troy to finish?Maybe because the roof had to be repaired or was it that the doors needed to be re-skin.Or was it that George just wanted to wrap up the project?

11. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

I believe Brian Stinger went up to Troy's to finish the project with them. It wasn't like it was taken from him. They had a deadline and a group effort was to made to finish it. I think Brian was very clued in on the paint and body work they did. Everything was discussed throughout the paint and body work process. Troy was painting it and wanted his body work on it. And I believe the paint deadline was "missed" by Troy so it couldn't come back down to Brian's shop to get reassembled cause Brian is a one man shop and he would have missed Cali. People should give proper details.

12. Louvers = speed holes = go fast. ;)

13. And after 15 pages here,It is still Fugly no matter who built it.

14. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Couldn't agree more. I think it's always better to be understated than overstated. I suspect it's sometimes hard to know when to stop when cost is not a factor.

15. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

wow , looks as trendy as last year's hot setup

16. Cool.Ride57

Cool.Ride57
    from Midwest

I got to see the truck before it left Brian's shop and also talked with him while he worked up in Troy's. The truck took longer to build than Brian would have liked, but look at the damn truck, it's art. The truck left to get the body paint work done at Troy's to make it to California and the RODKID is right, Brian went with it. That doesn't mean that Troy built the truck. I saw the truck completely assembled in Brian's shop and it was killer. Quality work from Brian from welds to fit to all the parts that he made. Saw with my own eyes. We thought this would happen when he took it up there. Troy should help someone like Brian or maybe he doesn't want to share the light.

17. FuelFC

FuelFC

Wow. Read this whole thread. Some good comments and a few really fucked up ones. Of course just my opinion just like those comments.

You may not like the end product but you have to step back and appreciate the time, effort, and imagination that went into it. The fab work is endless.

Kind of like art. You walk through the Louvre and see many things that you don't like that everyone else does and then find one you do and no else sees it. May not be my or your cup of tea but no one asked us to drink it either.

Would I have done things different? You? Yes. But it ain't ours and Stinger put a lifetime of work into that truck. You have to appreciate the effort and even the end result even though ME or YOU wouldn't have done that way.

That thing is way over the top and way over done...hey wait a minute, maybe that was the idea perhaps? Nah couldn't be that and the overall theme behind it. Nah.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  18. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

A face only a mother could love.

19. x2 :D

I can appreciate the craftsmanship, but I really don't think that I would give it a second look.

20. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i have to say i think troy and team are great builders, but to much is to much on this truck. but it may be what george wanted.

21. McKee

McKee

Really?,...I've spoken to Troy a number of times at shows and he's always been knowledgeable and very self effacing. Maybe we need Cameltoe George on the H.A.M.B. to clear things up?

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

I don't know the exact story on why the project moved, but I do know Troy and I have never heard an egotistical or negative word come from his mouth. The guy is as humble yet talented as they come.

I'd be VERY surprised if the negative things said about him were true. I'm betting they were taken out of context.

As for the truck... three words... WAY TOO MUCH!

-me no like
    -over the top
    -just say when
    -exercise in abundance

23. Cool.Ride57

Cool.Ride57
    from Midwest

24. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

I wish I was Mr Poteet's only son!

25. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

The word "restraint" should be in everyone's vocabulary........

26. Consider it "risk taking".
    Some risks pay off, some don't.

27. Johnnie Davis

Johnnie Davis

Saw the truck in progress in Brian's shop also. Have no idea why it went to Troy's to be finished but I guess that's between George and Brian!

28. stulgjd

stulgjd
    from illinois

You really think Rad Rides needs to "steal the spotlight" from Stinger's Two Car Garage??? Troy will talk to anyone and will let anyone tour his shop and then some screwball throws it in his face that he isn't giving enough credit... Ever think maybe Poteet wanted his truck shown under the Rad Rides logo instead of Stinger's Garage???

29. Nice intro. Read the rules and start over.

30. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHA..................it sounds like someones hero got called out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.