Register now to get rid of these ads!

We've lost another HAMB'er...RIP Dirtroad (aka Dusty)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Mar 21, 2010.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Best to his family and friends....That really makes me sad, particularly since he was in pursuit of his life long dream......man.......Never wait to do things as no one knows how long their string is.........Live now !!!

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good of you Evil, to take the initiative in letting us all know. I've been busy, and might not have seen this, but for you and a good friend of mine here, ChevyGasser Madness who gave me the heads-up.
    So sad. Goes to show how important it is to live and love to the fullest. Ovious that Dusty did that. God bless Dusty and Newt and their families. God bless us all.

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

R.I.P..into the sunset.

4. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks Rickybop,

After reading/following the thread about his search for his dream car, and the recent posts about how some HAMB'ers pass away and nobody knows I figured it was the least I could to to start this and direct people to his thread. It is really quite the read.....

Thanks again, Al
    a.k.a. 333 Half Evil

5. So sad, life is fragile, to say the least. RIP Dusty.

6. Muttley

Muttley

Ufortunately these posts are becoming all too common lately. RIP Dusty.

7. skidsteer

skidsteer

Yeah, I remember reading that thread. He will live on via the HAMB.

8. Onelow34

Onelow34

Terrible.... RIP

9. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. I read through the thread last night before going to bed. It's scary to think how one day you are there, and the next...

Truly a shame. RIP, Dusty.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I to had just read about him searching for his dream car and getting on the HAMB for advice. It's strange how life can change in a moment. At least he got to do that one last searh for the car of his dreams.
    My condolences to his family and friends. Good speed Dusty.

Frank

12. roadrash

roadrash

Heartbreaking.....my condolences

13. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Just a lunchtime bump....

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Really really sad. My prayers and thoughts to you and his family.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My prayers and condolences to his family and friends.:(

16. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Truly sad, but Newt's posts about their past make me feel like I'll never live a life as full as his. Rest in Peace Dusty.

17. My condolences to the family and to Dusty's friends as well. Sorry to hear that he did not get a chance to drive the car as "his own".

Steve

18. mauler rich

mauler rich

My condolences to Dusty's family and friends, i know you will be missed.

19. deVco

deVco

Newt here
    Today we laid Dusty to rest. The turn out was unbelievable. I estimate 500 people. His family, my family, old students, politicians,old co-workers, and friends. Donna is not taking things very well, as is expected. My wife is staying with her for the next week or so, just to be there for her. I guess I'm not taking it very good ether. The church service was beautiful, They played his favorite song (Rainbow Connection by Kenny Loggins) and one that I asked for, Will You Remember Me by Sarah McGlauglin. I read two solms from the Bible and told of our friendship (that was hard). A very wise man told me years ago," If you can make One true friend in your life, you are blessed. Well, I've been super blessed. I will never forget him.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts from the Frazer Family and the Andersen Family. God Bless you all...Newt

P/S I have open my own membership. My avitar photo is Dusty and his 36 back when.

20. screwball

screwball

Hang on Newt........................................................................................................I know an old cliche but things will get better. And its meant light hearted.

21. buzz37

buzz37

So sorry to read this. I followed the thread just waiting to see what car he purchased. My thoughts and prayers for his family and you Newt. Hang in there buddy. Buzz

22. so sorry to hear about your loss. true friends are really hard to come by and I think both you and Dusty were blessed to have that in each other. again sorry for your loss and God bless. Jeff

23. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Hello again Newt!! Sounds like it was a great turnout...soo many people only proves how great of a man Dusty was. It is nice to know that his students as well as old co-workers came, only cementing that fact! Just reading your posts about Dusty proves he was able to really make the best of his time here on earth. I keep reading his last thread about finding his dream car...and the journey the two of you took. It was great...it is something all of us hope to accomplish in life. Even tho I'm very sad reading it, I always chuckle when I read about arriving at the airport and he can't find his damn laptop...you off searching all over for it...he finds out he forgot it back home, and when he tells ya his comment about you needing a better sense of humor is priceless.

I cannot think of a better way for him to have gone tho...he seemed so happy. He had his best buddy with him, he checked out a few dream rides and settled on one. I know it seems unfair that he was taken before he really got to enjoy it, but at least he went at a time when he was or seemd to be very happy. Sure beats having a long term illness or having a lot of personal conflicts bringing ya down as your time runs out. It doesn't or didn't sound like he suffered much, and that does offer a little bit of relief/comfort knowing that.

Times like these always make me think about how unfair it seems...how can life end when it doesn't appear to us to be the right time, or a fair time. Something I know I'll never figure out, and I'm sure I'll think/ask it again, many times before I'm gone. I know it really isn't up to us, but one cannot help but wonder about it. Anyways, I really want to thank you soo very much one more time for coming on after Dusty passed and informing us. Please send my condolences again to Donna and her daughters. I hope she is able to be strong and in time be able to enjoy the rest of her time here until she joins Dusty again. The same goes to you my friend. Be strong...carry on. Dusty would have wanted that. God bless you, your family. You are a very honorable man.

Sincerely, Al Larsen
    a.k.a. 333 Half Evil

24. deVco

deVco

Dusty had the most dry sence of humor. He always had people in stitches. And nobody I know loved a practial joke better. Every time he did something for me, I would thank him. He always said" It's the least I can do, and lord knows, I like to do the least". He had a come back for everything. One time we were working on his 64 F100, My wife (Cindy) was watching. She was trying to figger out what we were doing, and said, Can I ask a stupit question?" Dusty, faster than greased dog shit said" Better than anyone I know. It was the first I've seen that women lost for words.

Thanks Al, you've put a smile on my face...Newt

25. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

My pleasure Newt. I sure wish I would have had the chance to meet the both of you. Who knows, someday I jusy might have to wander over the border and look you up. I could sit for hours and share stories....probably have a few laughs for sure. That reply he made to your wife if funny as all get out!! Love it!!!

26. deVco

deVco

That would be great.. or I could be State side. Your just a little below us. About 6" on the map

Newt

27. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

When the wife and I got married, we crossed into canada by Detroit and headed towards Toronto. We both had wanted to go there, but unfortunatly we hit something on the road and took out both passenger side tires!!! We was close to a town called Ingersoll (easy name to remember as I have Ingersoll Rand impacts) when it happened. Well, the cost for towing and tires put a dent in our honeymoon fund, so we decided to forgo Toronto and just cut over to Niagara Falls. Spent a couple days there, and then drove into New York and back around Lake Erie to Michigan. Who knows...maybe i'll suprise her with an anniversary trip to Toronto, with a side trip up to Gravenhurst! Sounds like a plan to me!! Might give me the push I need to get my dad's 57 panel truck back on the road soon. That thing makes a great roadtrip rig...slept in it on many many ocassions. We will have to keep in touch Newt, and see just what happens. Just out of curiosity, how far from Toronto are ya? What is it like up there in the begining of June?

Al

28. hemifarris

hemifarris

God bless you Dusty. May you rest in peace....

29. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Newt and Half Evil, I hope that God will touch and comfort you, as well as Dusty's wife, family and other friends. He sounds like he was a very special man with personality, the love of life and a lot of gifts that endeared him and made him fun to be around. Like everyone in this short life, I have lost people close to me, so I sympathize. There aren't any magic words to make things better. The world just isn't the same when someone special no longer answers the roll call. Time doesn't heal but only dulls the edge of the pain of missing someone dear.

I like to think that the saving graces lie in all the ways the world is -- and will always be -- a better place because those cool characters were in it! All these years later, I still think what my brother and my best friend would say in certain situations, and I always smile and, sometimes, laugh a bittersweet chuckle, 'cause I wish they were still here to say, in their own words, those things I know they'd say. It's been said that the real measure of a person is not how much he loved but how much he was loved by others. Dusty obviously fills the bill! Don't we all wish we will be remembered fondly? (Newt, I WELL remember Sarah's moving song! Glad you had this in the service.) I believe that not gold but the affection of friends and family are the real treasures we lay up in Heaven. As long as we hold our fond memories (and how can we forget anyway?), then our departed friends and loved ones NEVER really die.

It's early yet here, but later today I will raise my glass to a HAMB brother. Dusty, buddy, RIP. -- Jimi