Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects So What Did You Get Done This Winter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodknocker, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Your Shoe looks F*#%in' awesome!!! Nice job on that chop, she's gonna be a beaut!

I screwed this together...
    [​IMG]

Only to cover it up with this...
    [​IMG]

3. wolfman52

wolfman52

Just a little progress,body,paint changed engine in the last 3 months. The car started as pic of my avatar.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Koz

Koz

Sold my blue '30 roadster. Built 4 frames for my friends. Worked on my wifes friends Volks project, chopped, dropped and flaked, (taking like forever!). Now that I'm almost caught up with my house work, new guest bath and laundry room, I,m getting a chassis finished for my yellow, suicide style '29. My '32 project is on hold, only because I have a better shot of finishing the '29 for summer, and I 'm really taking my time on the deuce. Kind of a "Full House" knockoff, with a great deal of help from Jimbo.

I'm a residential builder so I had plenty of time this winter!

5. catbox

catbox

bought my car....

and got busy cleaning the PO crap up.

6. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

I about got my truck and bike wrapped up final stages on both. I hope to have them ready for summer! I have also been working on a 40 Ford for my friend we have the chassis done, and the major parts painted....Been very busy! 100_7265.jpg

100_7158.jpg

100_7191.jpg

100_7032.jpg

7. I got the body done underneath and back on the frame. Exhaust run with 1-3/4" pipe no mufflers Engine running. I have run out of steam again.

8. wolfman52

wolfman52

Hey flatheadfever that looks Great keep going your getting closer to the finish.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  9. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

.. got a job. FUCK unemployment!

10. Played a lot with my 3 year old and did lots of the tiny unglamorous things that make up a car.

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

just a little bit. Built two motors for the car, blew one up, painted it, new rear end, and drove the shit outta it when i could.

I also chopped and channeled my sedan, sold it, built my flathead motor, bought a 47 plymouth, rebuilt the entire brake system, swapped motors, and now im just patching rust.

All in the last couple weeks

Attached Files:

12. rodknocker

rodknocker

Dynaflash, Did you keep the front brakes stock?

13. billy zz

billy zz

bought a house
    changed jobs
    got about 2/3ds done building my rod.

14. Shoveled alot of Fu_ _ in SNOW, found out what a roof rake does....I bought two! Couldn't get to the garage for a good while, but I'm there now. Bought many parts to do the Coupe frame...update coming soon.

Then.......I ate the last remaining handfull of 40+" of snow. :eek:

Murph:cool:

15. thunderbirdreg

thunderbirdreg
    from Toronto

Hi I have been going gangbusters on my deuce,I am shooting for another 6 weeks. PS I hope I painted it yesterday Saturday March 20 Dupont base with spies hecker topcoat. Came out great, loved the topcoat layed out with really minimal orange peel. Still have to paint fenders and running boards. I am happy but am getting worn out, because as most of you know building a car takes a lot of hours. SSPX0204.jpg

SSPX0205.jpg

SSPX0206.jpg

SSPX0207.jpg

16. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

Despite a long winter; engine supports are cut off the frame, new ones welded on,doors removed and repaired. Now the body is off and the rear center section is out. Waiting for nice weather to do some outdoor sandblaxting on the frame of my 33 Chevy 5 window. Also been rounding up some parts with mediocre luck.