Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest D.T. trucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by otto sewald, Jan 27, 2010.

1. otto sewald

otto sewald

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I'm up in age and a little slow on the computer, but I'm getting there. I'm in Mountain Grove, Missouri. Good to see some guys on here from West Plains and Joplin. I have several old John Deere tractors I take to shows as well as a Model A I'm currently working on. Needed an old truck to haul the old tractors :) We're currently looking for another Diamond T to do for my grandson, so if anyone knows of any sitting around let me know. We really just need the cab because he's wanting to do a rat rod and like someone said before, some of these models already have the chopped look. I am having some issues with the wheels on this truck- I need some 19.5" with 8 bolt pattern- they are 6.5" to center of lug bolts if that helps. Can you tell me what will fit this? I have tried Chevy and haven't found them to fit, maybe I need another year. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Danoflapper

Danoflapper

I'm diggin' your truck! What's the drivetrain consist of? Have you got a gear vendors type overdrive unit? Any power mods done to the big C?

There are companies out there that make adapters that will allow you to run 10 lug wheels. Get yourself a nice set of 22.5" Alcoas if you've got room.

Here's a link, probably cheaper or better adapters out there but here's a good example:
    http://www.amazon.com/8-to-10-Lug-Adapters/dp/B002DM220E

3. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

My dad had a 48 Diamond T one ton pickup. I did my first brake job when I was twelve on it. It was also the first thing I got to drive.

4. john walker

john walker

they're around. craigslist is your friend, or google "jaxed mash". here's my '47 614. i also have a '38 404 for sale.

Attached Files:

5. otto sewald

otto sewald

Drivetrain and everything is from the '94 Dodge 5-speed with no mods to the Cummins. John that sure is a sharp truck. Thanks for letting me know you had one for sale, but we're looking for something a little closer. I know about the adapters but that's getting awfully pricey going that route- thanks though.

6. If you check out Diesel truck resource, they have a pretty good classified section. I think it is 98 and older Ford one ton rims that fit. So if you can find a set of 19.5" for an earlier Ford, they should fit.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  7. That's a good looking truck :) Now you need to find another one to rat rod!

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Here's my friend Diane's DT, also built to haul her antique orchard tractors.

My little 201 will be towing our Spartan trailer, nothing as big as a tractor will be in the box!

Attached Files:

9. Couple of good looking trucks there. I really like the bed on your 201 Brian. What color you gonna paint it?

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Thanks. Truck'll be bright red with a green beltline strip and orange striping.