Register now to get rid of these ads!

hot rod music

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buck Sharp, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

I am curious who all listens to old hot rod songs while they work or even cruise around. I am looking for more old music that i youst to listen to when i was a kid. I have the dragsville lp album which has some good stuff on it lots of cars doing passes in the background. the Woofers sung the music and get me in the mood. Ya I'm a Hot Rod. I need to know more of the old bands that did cool stuff like these guys if anyone could help. I could burn a few copies for some people also.

2. MAD-EVAN

MAD-EVAN

Well, I wasn't around then, but I enjoy the hell out of the music. Yes, I do listen to the music whenever I work on the car. I had no idea where to start, so I looked online and then found pandora.com, you can put in a single song or artist and then it will play anything that is similar. Pretty bad ass. You can even pick and choose what you like versus what you don't.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

4. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

I will check out pandora.com Thanks i may be able to find some of the other music i have heard but cannot remember. this is one off the dragsville album no car sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzzUmIONuFY

5. rcr81

rcr81

I always play my collection of mp3's or whatever I can find on zune, I had heard of Pandora but for some reason never checked it out. After reading this thread I looked it up....it is the shit...I put in Robert Gordon for music type, and this thing is kickin! It played a Blasters tune, I used to listen to them all the time years ago and had forgotten about them....very cool. It's a great warm up for vegas... :D

6. H3O

H3O

pandora is awesome. plenty of old stuff on there.

7. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

8. duste01

duste01

9. Oh yah, Robert Gordon :).
    AOL online has a rockabillystation, its good
    Lars

10. 69fury

69fury

The Ventures, Live in Japan. Cruizin' downtown in a black sedan, illegal tint, tight mill throbbing under hood, while Outer Limits pours out the speakers.

11. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

12. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Tried the link , but the above came up ,:confused: keen to hear it.

13. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

;)
    Robert Gordan, I was palying some of his stuff today at a Hot-Rod Show , out of 3.5 million people , im the only one that knows him ! hahaha:D

and No , THERE WASNT 3.5 mill people at the show .;)

14. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

I admit that I love listening to my Robert Williams' CHROME SMOKE & FIRE 2 record set... This is an ultra-groovy assembly of tunes that Robert Williams claims to be his all time favorite hot rodding songs... There's some very old tracks on the 2 records (which are actually color picture discs featuring his artwork)... Of course I'm a little biased, because one of my (Big Stick) tracks is included in the collection, but h*ck, even if I wasn't on the set, I'd still be a sucker for all these hot roddin' songs-- There's some real gems on this collection, plus, there's plenty of Robert Williams' incredible artwork to feast your peepers on-- It's a pleasure for the eyes AND ears of true hot rod music buffs... Can never get enough of slammin' hot roddin' tunes-- Gotta have 'em... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

15. Deuces

Deuces

Dare I say it? The beach boys, Jan an' Dean, Ronnie and the Daytonas.. Ummmm Who else?? :)

16. I saw him and Chris Spedding in Esbjerg, Denmark in 2006. That was cool, after i have been listening to his music since 1979.
    He played a lot in Denmark, in his early carer, with Link Wray. Who later came to Denmark and lived here until he died a few years ago.
    Lars

17. burnt clutch

burnt clutch

I do a mix of Doo-wop and Rockabilly in the garage, with the occasional late 60's stuff. I wish I had a juke box from the local Winsteads in my shop!

-Karl

18. narducci

narducci

Sirius satellite radio '50s is hard to beat

19. walls

walls

i know this is a little off topic but, i just recently bought Link Wray's -3 track shack- after being a fan of his early stuff for the longest time. it's good shit. just not typical Link Wray. i suggest anyone who's a fan should check it out.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. RichG

RichG

I listen to music in the garage... probably not the music you're looking for though! :p

21. 1320/150

1320/150

22. Dave50

Dave50

I put the computer on @ work rockabillyradio.net i think and i play it in shop u should see and hear the people when they hear it i get crap all the time but i like and since listening i am a lot happier during the day :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  23. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

'ya hit the nail on the head for me....bought the live in japan "album in the 60's and the CD about 10 years ago...still the best sound around....Nokie Edwards lives and plays around eugene sometimes.
    I also like the Sandals' "endless summer" soundtrack, the surfaris, the markettes, dick dale, les paul, chet atkins, danny gatton' "cruzin deuces" CD. I crank the oldie and dance in my seat whils cruzin' with the windas' down.....best thing in life......jim Wray.....no relation to link.....I like him too!! like live wire choir, early david grisman, taj mahal, jj cale, david bromberg...all great summer road trip tunes...!!!

24. rcr81

rcr81

Dave50 I couldn't get that rockabillymusic.net to work but it sounds real interesting...can you check the address and make sure thats it? I'd really like to check that out....TIA

25. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

I make my own DVD's with various music on them but 3 hot rod songs that come to mind first are, Saturday Night Drag Race by Scatman Crothers, Little Ol' Model A by Buzz Martin and Harold's Super Service by Merle Haggard.
    If you want to dig for the stuff, there are enough car and hot rod songs to fill several DVD's

26. VonWegener

VonWegener

Hi Kuztom
    You need an anonomizer who will make Vevo or Hulu.com think you are in the good old USA. Isn't technology great:)

http://anonymizer.nntime.com/

27. motorhead711

motorhead711

Gotta love that Gene Vincent for some killer old hot rod tunes. But ya, check out pandora (Cool free site), I have an account with Rhapsody and they have a bunch on old (and new) cruisin/hot rod/drag theme bands and songs....An obscure one that I dig is from a band called the Graveyard Five, the song..."Grave Theme," No mentions of hot rods in the song itself, but it would be a sweet song to cruise too driving out of town, or down some dim-lit country roads....take it easy...

28. Dave50

Dave50

sorry it was rockabillyradio.net i was tired lastnight drove to w VA from mass and back in a 24hr period and lost the alt in my truck was up 26 hrs straight :)

29. link- http://www.rockabillyradio.net/pageserver.php?artistpage=smf1.php
    click on "listen now" on the right

rockabillyradio

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010