Register now to get rid of these ads!

help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rain_man, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Rain_man

Rain_man

so i have a problem i noticed the other day that my rear driver side wheel is set further in the fender then the pass side?
    not sure why it is allmost a inch different

any clues on what it might be?

oh ya truck is a 61 c10

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. bigolds

bigolds

May sound dumb...but are the wheels the same offset and width??? If you didn't put hem on there....you'd be surprised what others slap on a vehicle to sell it!!!

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

14 inch on one side .I have no idea .Start measuring from a location in rear to front in an x pattern ,See if the frame is out of square ,Make sure your reference locations are in the same location . Also could be in the cab ,Check all mounts Easiest method take to an alignment shop or measure wheel base on both sides .

4. Rain_man

Rain_man

i measured the fenders they are the same. i need to check the wheels for some reason i dident think of that.

5. Rain_man

Rain_man

if the fenders are the same and hoping that nothing else is twisted under there is it possible that maybe the bed is hust slightly of center that could couse a spacing problem right?
    i have never had the bed of but i have a huge lack of trust in the p.o.
    thanks for the help

6. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Seems like your talking about the rear wheels?

I'd suspect the spring perches may not be located correctly.

7. Rain_man

Rain_man

also forgot to add that i have lowered the truck in the last few weeks not sure if it was like that before or not.
    could it be my track bar?

thanks

8. 66gmc

66gmc

With those old trucks it was common for panel gap and alignment to be way out from the factory, that and 40 some years of being ragged on by nature and by previous owners things get knocked around pretty good. Also the bed wood is held between the bottom of the bedsides, and the cross supports, once the wood begins to rot out it causes the box to sag, twist, and basically get pushed around and realigned. From the factory the bed wood was 3/4 inches thick between the boxside and cross pieces, start by shimming it to 3/4 inches under each mounting point to get it to the proper height, then you can start moving it around to get an equal space between the wheel and the fender on each side.

9. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Like one of the other blokes said, check the bed....mine was ragged out and moved alot prior to reworking it...And like one of the other guys even further up said, check and make sure you got the same rims....I had 4 differnet rims on one car I bought....seems they slapped whatever they had in the garage to get it outta their driveway and into mine.

10. 1946WillysJeep

1946WillysJeep
    from St. Thomas

If your track bar mounts to the frame on the drivers side, it could have pushed the axle to the passenger side when you lowered it. Did you use new trailing arms? Check to make sure both are the same length if they're new ones.

11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Truck arms and coils???
    The rear panhard bar is likely pushing the axle over because you lowered it.
    You need an adjustable panhard bar or need to modify the original.