Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clutch ,Pressure Plate & T/O bearing help Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dad's 1932, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Hello all , I have a stock 39 Ford with a stock trans and a stock Flathead . I am replacing the clutch /pressure plate & T/O bearing . The T/O bearing just about frozen and it took out the pressure plate fingers so I am going all new . I want a nice soft pedal , and reliable . Just curious if there is a "Hot Ticket " stock replacement out there or does everyone just go to there reputable parts store and get one ????

Thanks for the help , Mike

2. Nothing trick just replace with stock stuff.

3. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

A stock type clutch (9" dia on the 39 Ford) works fine. We keep these in stock at all times as well as the throw-out bearings and pilot bearings. Since the TO bearing went south, I would take a good hard look at the hub that the TO bearing rides on, plus the front bearing retainer for a smooth snout and no damage at the front edge (where the input shaft comes out). We have all these parts too if needed.

www.flatheadv8.com

4. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

Mac,

What are your recommendations if he wants a diaphragm pressure plate to replaced the damaged original?

(Our long-time local clutch rebuilder just closed ... Savannah now the closest.)