Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone use a complete Speedway tube axle setup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sixdeuces, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Sixdeuces

Sixdeuces
    from San Diego

I'm looking at the Mr. Roadster hairpin spring behind tube setup. The $439 price looks like a good deal. Is this decent stuff? I've heard all of the stories about tube axles and hairpins, but I'm willing to take a chance. I know there is nothing like original steel, but is it possible to have a decent front suspension for under $500?

2. bbanks12

bbanks12

We have one on the T at our shop. It came on the car when we got it. The paint is starting to flake a little around the spring mounting plate, so its apparently flexing a little. We are going to gusset it up a little in the near future, I would suggest doing the same before you put it on and you should be good.

3. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i have used two of them, one on my race car 31 vicky worked perfectly . I have used the gassder style ones for the last 6 yrs prolly over 20 of them and no problem at all with any of them

4. Sixdeuces

Sixdeuces
    from San Diego

I think this is what I'm going with then. The price can't be beat, and this is my first real build. Thanks