Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Monkey" had his Baby

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Mar 18, 2010.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got this Email from Ryan this morning thought that you guys would want to know.

Please lift them up with your prayers......

Hey guys,

I'm sorry this is a little late but things have been crazy! Teagan was born on Tuesday, 3/16 at 11:02 am. He weighed 6 pnd, 11 oz. Bavette was hospitalized Monday after our doctor appointment around 10:30am due to high blood pressure. After battling this all night and being woke up at 3:00 am with alarms and the nursing staff going crazy, Dr. Beal decided to go ahead and take him Tuesday instead of waiting another week. So we went in around 10:15 am and had him out by 11 am. Everything went well for about 15 minutes and then we started having complications. Teagan's breathing pattern became rough and we had to take him to Neonatal to get further assessment. After X-rays and blood work, we had to admit him into Neonatal ICU where he has been ever since. They have given him oxygen and a medicine to make his lungs inflate and stay inflated. Poor buddy had tubes in his nose and mouth and an IV in his hand. He has made great progress over the past 36 hours. He is now breathing on his own and is totally off oxygen. He no longer needs his heat lamp or his feeding tube. He's taking a bottle every three hours and is doing well. Bavette finally got to hold him this afternoon about 4pm for the first time. I have been able to visit him on and off while trying to help Bavette recover. She is doing fine but still battling hypertension. We are working with doctors to try and get her blood pressure under control. It's a slow healing process but everything is moving forward. So far we have just had our parents up to visit and help out. Bavette can't handle very much excitement and no one can get to Teagan in NICU except us.

So stay tuned for more details. We have a meeting with the docs in NICU tomorrow (Thurs) around noon and should know more then. I have taken quite a few pictures and will try and post some as soon as I can. Please sign up at www.teaganmiller.com so I can send out e-mail blasts. It's much easier than trying to e-mail everyone from the hospital. We expect to go home by Saturday and hopefully Teagan will be able to come with us. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Ryan and Bavette

2. Prayers for Ryan, Bavette, and little Teagan. May He grant grace, peace, and healing.

SDG
    Brett

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

cool beans

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Dirty2

Dirty2

Prayers up for Teagan , and the Monkey family . Speedy recovery .

5. Kinghat

Kinghat

When we had our twins a month early, Caroline had about the same problems you described. My heart goes out to you, and my prayer is that the Lord will watch over you all. It is not easy seeing your child hooked up to so many things.

6. Rusty

Rusty

prayers going out for one cool family, hang in there momma and taegan!

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

congrats monkey! im sure everything will be fine bro!!!!!!

8. 51hrdtp

51hrdtp

May God put His healing hands on you all.

Red Beans,& Rice, & Jesus Christ.

Rowdy

9. Greezy

Greezy

Congrats Monkey. Well wishes for Bavette and the little one.

10. ryno

ryno

right on man
    congrats

11. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Congrats my friends. Gods speed.

12. beauishere

beauishere

Our best to you and yours. Congratulations.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Congrats to the whole family and wishing both Bavette and little Monkey a speedy recovery.:cool:

14. belair

belair

Prayers for baby, mom and dad.

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

Congrats Monkey. Your life will never be the same. You'll wonder how you ever made it without them.

16. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Congrats on the little one. Heres to a speedy recovery for the little guy, and the misses too...HANG IN THERE.

17. bigken

bigken

Congrats you guys, it'll bet better. Pre-mies are a little more maintenance up front, but they grow up fine. Mine did.
    Hope all are healthy and home, soon.
    Monkeys got a little chimp........ hahahaha

18. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Congrats! Nothing better than little ones getting into your tools.....

19. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Ryan, It's gonna be OK. When our last granddaughter was born she was two months premie, 2# 1 oz.. Was in Neo Natal unit for almost six weeks. Long story short, shes an amazing little two year old now and doing great. Sounds like Teagen is a stubborn little guy who is gonna be a handfull (comes by it honest, I'm sure). Congrats to you and Bavette and if you make it to Dewey I'm sure my lovely wife would take him off your hands for a little while, she loves babies. lol

20. Thoughts and prayers

21. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Congratulations Monkey. Hang in there it'll all turn out good.

22. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

i wish you all the best

23. Cool, Torin will have another "LilT" to play with at the drags!

24. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Congrats! Prayers are with you and your family. We went through a similar experience with our first boy - NICU for 2 weeks, oxygen, tubes, monitors, IVs in the head/hand. Never felt so helpless... Little guy is playing baseball now!

25. yardgoat

yardgoat

Prayers sent for baby,mom,dad.May GOD bless you all...................YG

26. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Good things for good people. Congrats and may the God's watch over your family.

27. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

There are no words that can be spoken that could possibly relieve your worries. Yet, realize that there are many out there, those who have chosen to live their own life, are now taking a moment to; recall how to and then whispering prayers for you and yours. Can't get any better than that.

All the best,
    Dale K
    Cleveland OH

28. big creep

big creep

the baby sounds like a fighter! i will say a prayer for you and the family. congrats on the baby! and a speedy recovery!!!!!

29. Nothing more important than family ! May your family be blessed with hope and well wishes from my family. The more you let friends help the easier it gets. Rob.

30. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

hang in there , could not have been born on a better date, celebrated my b-day 3-16 just hate to tell you the year