Register now to get rid of these ads!

hot rod power tour 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 454navyss, Dec 28, 2009.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

thats the weekend before the hrr in bowling green.rats! guess i can do both

2. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

rusty it'll be good to see ya'll in mobile next summer

3. dans37chevycoupe

dans37chevycoupe

It would be nice if someone started or ended a tour at, or close to the exact center of the U.S. I don't know where it's at, proably not much there. It would be the same for everybody, maybe groups from different areas could travel together. I'm planning to be at Newton, Springfield, or maybe both on the 2010 HRPT. See ya.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Why's it gotta be a tour? HAMB Drags, every August just outside of Joplin MO. Look at a map, it's in the center of the country. Everyone drives there from all over the country. We hang out in the hotel parking lot Friday night, race all day Saturday, then hang out in the parking lot that night to. More fun then you should be allowed to have by law.

5. uglydog56

uglydog56

I remember you from 2000! Wasn't your convert a former mag car? You were looking for a prospective husband good with bodywork. You doctored my brother's blistered legs every day.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The '47 Chevy convertible that I took on the 2000 PT was nice but it wasn't in any national mags till Hot Rod magazine that year. The Chevy got smashed on my way to CA to start the tour and some pals on tour made me a sign that said "Boyfriend Shopping, must be single, over 40 and own a bodyshop" and they taped it on my drivers door right next to the smash. That got alot of media coverage. A couple months later HRM ran an article reg the Chevy burning.

In 2001 started the tour in my Dad's white '37 Ford 5 window convertible and after the first gas stop I don't think I rode in that car again till we headed home. I had so much fun car hopping and riding with pals from one gas stop to the next.

In 2002 I did the PT with my black primered '47 Olds convert which was a Rodder's Digest mag car during it's early build stage.

Please tell your brother I said hi and I hope his legs are better.;):D

7. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

If my Dads up to I'd like to try it....

8. vicious

vicious

plan on taking my 13 year old son to B-ham in my non-HAMB-friendly 71 Bronco, cuz ya say it's my birthday!!

9. I plan on doing some or all. I will be my 1st....and there aren't many more of those.

10. chevyshack

chevyshack

I wish i could go. I almost made it 3 years ago in my cutlas but we decided to move to florida 3 months before the tour.

11. Don B.

Don B.
    from IL

I did it in 09 in a 2 door 78 Fury.... Long hauled, by the time I got home I had done just over 2500 miles.

12. gonmad

gonmad

I don't know if we will go this year or not. We missed last year because of having a new 3 month old! And now I'm not sure if I'm up to a 1 and a 4 year old for that many miles! Lol

we've done the PT I think something like 10 or so times. 6 or 7 long hauls. 2 in the wagon and the rest in the Camaro.

Yeah, it's fun! Lol

13. Kinghat

Kinghat

My wife and I will be Long Hauling in our 65 Nova. I have been on 03, 04, 05, missed 06 due to pregnancy, 07 and 08. They do seem to be too corporate now, but it is still a full week of driving along with thousands of other cool cars. I can't wait! Honk if you see us:

[​IMG]

14. 6mopar7

6mopar7

WOW! I turned out for the Chattanooga TN stop @ Chatt State Com Col. Huge turn out, it was wet & humid , but a great selection of hotrods. Hope someone posts some photos. I took my old Plym there & to the block party in the down town area hosted by Coker Tire last night, great gathering with live music.

Thanks to everyone for coming thru my home town, loved seeing all the wonderful cars!

John :D

15. 454navyss

454navyss

i wasnt able to make the tour, motorcycle wreck and 3 transmissions in my truck are taking a huge toll on my bank account