Register now to get rid of these ads!

this sucks !!found on craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadfever, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Idiots probably thought it was a Willys! Too bad for the owners luck....hope he gets it back.

2. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

3. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Hey- I used to live in Ventura. I my day, anything that was stolen wound up down on the "AVENUE". Criuse all the side streets down there where all the body shops are. Bastards!! Good luck on the recovery.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It astounds me every I hear about the junkers in CA who just stop at anybody's house and pick up anything laying loose in the yard, the driveway, beside the house etc. My God, if one of them moved to TX and tried that anywhere in the state they would be in the newspaper the next day as listed as a casualty of terminal stupidity. The parts/car owner would be no-billed by a Grand Jury if one was called on the incident and that would be the end of it.
    You guys have my sympathy for living in a state that allows such nonsense to happen.

5. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Yes people need to be more aware or active in preventing theft.

I keep my nose out of other neighbors personal business, but if someone I've never seen before pulls up to any of my neighbors houses and start loading things, I go and ask what's going on. 9 times out of 10 it's legit. Although I have detoured a few robberies in my hood.

Next time it could be your house or car.

6. Fenders

Fenders

7. You have my sympathy and that of all the other hambers out there I'm sure. Too Bad! I'd hate to think that its gone thru the crusher. Studes were always ahead of everyone else when it came to body styles. My dad had one very similar to this when I was quite small. I'm not sure if it was the same year. I definitely remember the tapering trim on the side, it was a sort of battleship grey and he had his bodyman buddy repaint it black. Then it looked really classy. He really loved that car but he ended up trading it off for a chrysler cause the stude was a pain to start a lot of the time. I remember my mother hated the stude for that. She used to call it a stupidbaker. Sorry for ramblin'....too many memories.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....but if in the bush a fair maiden should stand ....a push in the bush is worth two in the hand.

8. Man, this pisses me off. It's got to surface somewhere, maybe in pieces...maybe two years from now. We CAN find this car! There are a helluva lot of us and if everyone keeps their eye peeled it's gonna turn up. I know I'll be looking. I'd like to find the asshole that took it. If I do...I sure as hell don't need any reward, just the satisfaction of getting this guy his car back will be enough. Damn!! Sonofabitch!!

9. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Looks like a nice Stude, a good start for a gasser project. Hope that it is recovered, OK.

10. rustyhood

rustyhood

Shits getting so bad, they stole aluminum gutters off garages in our alley including mine. A neighbor had someone walk into his back yard and took all kinds of metal stuff. They must not know about Kentucky Gun Law!!!! But as always.....you have to catch those sneaky bastards first!

11. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Fuckers!!! Lovv Life fuckers!! I hope they get caught and that Barry and his buddies give them one hell of a beating , including cutting their fucking hands!!:mad:

Ill keep an eye out!!! :mad:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  12. Tow truck driver for sure....

13. I know how you feel, had my 1972 El Camino SS 454 clone stolen from out front of my apartment. Never found, but I drive by this one building and always think it's hidden in it. I don't park anything outside any longer. I bet they were after those taillights as well/ very sought after in the custom crowd and get good money for them . Sorry to hear about your ride, I hope it's found.

14. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

Amen... thank god for Texas and our righteous fire-arms!!!

15. RG49MERC

RG49MERC
    BANNED

That's sucks..I was just talking to my cousin and he said they gave a special report on a Spanish tv station about how tow trucks are driving around and stealing classics from driveways around the LA area..Hope he gets his car back..

16. sonim38

sonim38

thats real fucked up man, hope you get it back asap. cool car.... i know all about shit getting stolen... we had a few assholes from our own car club steal hubcaps off another members car. pathetic...they didnt admit it for 7 months even when we knew they did it... once we threatened the cops, magically the caps appeared. hah!

17. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Sad to hear it. As a Ventura County resident, you can be sure I will keep my eyes open for anything that even looks like it might be this Stude.

18. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Hate to say it,but from the way it looked it was probably easily passed off as scrap.

19. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

It sounds like an "inside job"

20. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Fuck man i remember seeing this a while back on craigslist as well...People are just to fucking shady these days i park my car in the backyard now...I hope somebody finds out who the theives were and beats the shit out of them!

21. here in southern AZ,..your likely/will to die of lead poisoning if caught stealing stuff ..i too say its a inside job....i had a story like this too...i sold a car to a guy in New zealand..had it trucked to the holding yard in Longbeach...funny...i get a call from the shippers!...you didnt give the driver the title!...(me) oh yes i did!!....well ..(pause)... the car is gone!!...it was there last night..opened the gates, gone!!...i told him...dude..its a inside job!!...they have the title and now the car...lol (i got paid for the car) 1961 Dodge phoenix 2dr HT..413 bb flatt black...i didnt get into it too much..but told the guy...only the dumbest fucker in town is going to try and steal a 1961 dodge Phoenix 2dr HT!!...anyways...the car was found couple months later and shipped off to the owner in NZ...didnt hear who did it..John

Attached Files:

• 028.JPG
      028.JPG
      File size:
      232.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      227.8 KB
      Views:
  22. sound like it might be time to call in a little vigilante help...

23. Scumdog

Scumdog

And I've seen that car I reckon - only 50 miles north of me!

24. jandk

jandk

He is right spot on. I know for a fact that this is true and very common in our area. Too bad though. As of this year scrap yards are required by law to keep in inventory of everything taken in for scrap. They are also required by law to take identification from everyone scraping metal. Maybe the guy can get lucky and track it down.

I'll go one further and check the local scrap yards in my area for him. You never know....

25. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

GOOD NEWS, I talked with Barry about the recovery of the car. It is safe and in his possesion no. No damage was done to the car and it is being restored right now. He did not give much info on who, what, why, when or how but said some guys that do recovery of stolen cars worked on the case and got it back. :D

26. alex211

alex211
    from NW PA

That's really good to hear is didn't go to the crusher.

27. cheveey57

cheveey57

The first place I would look into would be that tow company, sounds like a set up to me.
    Good luck............

28. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad he got it back. All thieves should be cut so they don't breed .

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Real good to hear, I remember reading about it in the beginning of the theft.

30. sedan33

sedan33

Glade it all worked out. Those are :cool:, my brother in law had one when we were in high school, 40 some years ago!