Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Radio Dash Bezel - Need Help Identifying

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Todd, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Hot Rod Todd

Hot Rod Todd
    from Dallas, TX

Well, I have this dash bezel with radio knobs. I have had no luck on the internet and ebay looking at pictures. I can't seem to find anything else like it. I am posting pictures but it actually has cables on the back of it to control a remotely mounted radio. I guess this was done for space constraints. It came from a guys collection of stuff and he has been dead for 4 years (83 years old). His son is trying to sell some of the stuff to basically get it out of the way. He had mostly 40's-60's car parts that I could see. The man said no one had gone into that area in 30 years...I found it interesting and bought it. What car did it come from? Thanks for any help!:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hot Rod Todd

Hot Rod Todd
    from Dallas, TX

3. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Looks like one part of a three piece ,maybe from Sears

4. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Imagine the era when the front of that thing wasn't plastered with some sort of corporate logo.

5. Hot Rod Todd

Hot Rod Todd
    from Dallas, TX

I was thinking it could be from the 40's.

6. It's cool...whatever it is, did you get the remote section too, or just that bit?

7. Hot Rod Todd

Hot Rod Todd
    from Dallas, TX

I agree. No, I just have this part. I may go back over there and "dig" some more now that I know there is more to it.

8. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

neat find!

I am guessing Allied Radio or Knight Kit...something meant for a late '40s/early '50s Buick dash?

Good luck with it!

9. Hot Rod Todd

Hot Rod Todd
    from Dallas, TX

Thanks. It has a factory appearance so I thought it might have been an option or accessory.

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I'm sure, due to its plain appearance, this an aftermarket replacement radio, in this case only the remote control head and speaker grille/mount. The actual radio receiver would be a large box mounted separately to which the tune and volume cables would run. Likely age, late 40s-early 50s.

11. Hot Rod Todd

Hot Rod Todd
    from Dallas, TX

It's like a "Kenwood" for the 1940's. That is way cool.