Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some pics from Arizona... barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nick Flores, Feb 7, 2010.

?

Should I keep posting pics like these?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2010.
  1. Keep 'em comin!

96.1%
  2. Keep 'em to yourself kid!

3.9%
  1. Has anyone gone out to st. Johns? I recall seeing a yard out there with numerous 47 - 53 chevy trucks and a bunch of other stuff too. There is a guy in show low with a stash of stuff but prices to go with them. The guy in rye actually was going to sell me a 1 ton chevy truck for $700. I thought it was fair considering his reputation. There are more treasures out there.

2. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Found these and about a million other pieces of cool junk at a garage sale I found this morning. Old guy is getting ready for a bout with colon cancer and is clearing out a bunch of stuff. Here's a teaser, my battery was dead and I only managed to take a couple shots before the camera died...

Attached Files:

3. Al Low Ha

Al Low Ha

Any you guys ever get over to Jerome and see that guy's mine?!?! Wow!

4. old_skool_1953

old_skool_1953

thanks for posting the pics man, i enjoyed them.

5. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Well guys the I let the poll run for three days and had 96% of you wanting more... Well too bad...LOL...I'm fresh out for now. The little woman and I are gonna take a day trip up to Black Canyon and Jerome tomorrow. I've been wanting to get up there for a couple months and am taking advantage of there being no classes this week.

6. Al Low Ha

Al Low Ha

Nick...don't know if there are any on here...but treat the Hambers to some Jerome pics...maybe the guy's Submarine engine....hint:eek:. All my pics are locked up..in my mind..LOL

7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm charging every camera battery I have today. I'll do my best to find the submarine engine for ya! I'm Dj/MC'ing the SW Nostalgia Drags on Sunday and i'll be sure to get some shots from that event as well.

8. Al Low Ha

Al Low Ha

Just came to me...it's called "Gold King Mine" in Jerome....crazy crazy place!

9. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Something came up this morning and I wasn't able to make it out of town. I checked out the Gold King Mine online and I will absolutely be going there soon. A submarine powered sawmill? I'm there.

10. markjenks

markjenks

Customized to a hardtail w/ a wraparound oil tank.

11. Al Low Ha

Al Low Ha

Nick, thank me AFTER you've been there "all day", your camera trigger finger is locked up...and you just don't wanna leave! I'm gonna visit my folks in Prescott this summer.....and I'm going again, this time it's a special day trip with my son for his 9th B-day(& my 49th).
    Aloha!

12. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Took a little trip to buy a guitar this morning and found all this instead...

Attached Files:

13. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

more...

Attached Files:

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Aw hell, I should have taken you up on your offer to go with this morning! I hate being an upstanding work doing kinda guy!!!

15. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

more still...

Attached Files:

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

It was hot as Hell and my lady was bitchin... I told her watch out for snakes and she high-tailed it to back to the car.... You would've been alot more fun of a junk-yard companion for sure!!

Attached Files:

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

moremoremoremoremoremore.....

Attached Files:

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

In Hocters old yard I had an encounter with a rattle snake about the size of that '58 Chevy wagon in one of the picts. I was told there was one '48 Plymouth left in the yard on the last row... naturally it was 110degrees out or so. When I finally was able to identify the twisted wreckage sitting before me as indeed the '48 Plymouth in question, I absent minded-ly lifted up what was The only remaining fender of the car, and there it was! As I ran one way screaming SNAKE!!! much like a small, nubile girl, It was slithering at top speed the other way screaming BIG CITY PERSON AAHHRRGG!!! We caught each others eyes for just a moment, laughed, and continued running, slithering, and screaming!!

19. Wish I was closer...I could really use one (or both) of those early '40's Bowtie trucks!

20. ........at least it's a "dry" heat...!!!! :)

21. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

Hidden Valley?

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man o man thats some cool scrounging , of course if the guitar was a fender it would have been cool to lol Q-why do woman Biotch ? A- because if they didnt they would explode : )

23. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

You got it!

I now have a Fender Bass to keep all my Gretsch guitars company. Nothing fancy, just a P-bass to screw around with.

24. samba54

samba54
    from AZ

not so hidden now, ha jk

25. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

If any local's don't already know about Hidden Valley, they're proably elbow deep in reciepts from Speedway!

26. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I thought Ive seen the Army car before out there! Hidden Valley is very cool!! Nice shots, cant wait to get back there.

27. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Took a trip up to Jerome today and found the Gold King Mine closed until December 26th...:mad:

Snapped a few shots at an antique shop in Cottonwood that you guys might enjoy. I think the price tag on the (very, very, smashed) coupe said $700 bucks.

Attached Files:

28. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I'd love to just live there...

29. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

keep em comin of course

30. hotrod al

hotrod al
    BANNED
    from phoenix

I was born and raised in Morenci, Greenlee county Az. and there were always old cars there. In one trip back up there (I lived in Phoenix then) we brought back (just bodies) a 32 3 window, a 33 3 window, a 33-34 5 window, and saved a 34 tudor sedan from being used for fill in a hole where a storage tank was removed. Really not much left up there any more. What I didn't get, the mine covered up or hauled off.