Register now to get rid of these ads!

ID this dash please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by amsvette, Mar 14, 2010.

1. amsvette

amsvette

I just picked up this dash here on the HAMB, but I'd like to know what it is. The seller was told it was out of an English Ford possibly. The gas gauge reads "petrol" and there is "Deluxe" above the glove box door. I've found a few English vehicles with "deluxe" in the name but none of the dashes look close. It looks like it's missing an access door in the middle so I'd like to know what this is so I can locate the missing door. Thanks in advance!

amsvette

Attached Files:

• 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      468.4 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      473.5 KB
      Views:
  2. amsvette

amsvette

Anyone out there?

3. Who made the instrument cluster?

4. amsvette

amsvette

Good question, I don't know. The dash is about an hour away with my Model A.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I confess, I'm not well versed on non-USA vheicles, but it looks like the dash is for a left-side steer vehicle. Aren't the English cars right-side steering?

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I'm with TagMan - my first thought is that while it may be Euro, it isn't Brit. Note also that the speedo is in MPH - not Kmh. heck...could be a Crosley it's so small.

that's all I have to offer

dj

7. amsvette

amsvette

It is LH steering but I don't know why it would say "petrol" in a US manufactured vehicle. I can't believe nobody knows what it's from. Everyone on the HAMB knows something about EVERYTHING. Perhaps its a "wahtzit" dash as in "whatzit" out of?

8. What does it say in the insert in the middle of the dash? pics are crap and can't make out the letters. You can see the outline of the letters but can't read em.

Looks like "DeLage" or DeLehe"

9. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

we had a few english fords with left hand steering. can't always use that rule of thumb.

10. Weasel

Weasel

I think that's De Luxe....

Jaeger gauges were common on Britmobiles.

11. amsvette

amsvette

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to get better pictures before I sent it off to the guy working on my truck. It says "Deluxe" on the dash.

12. You will never ever find that dash in a British car. Just remember that just about every European car (not only British ) ever made had a LHD USA import model. Simca is no exception. I remember seeing an old Simca Aronde in Arizona years ago and thinking to myself " how the hell did that get here " BTW they had an engine designated as the RUSH engine and they were pretty fast with twin carbs.

Attached Files:

13. amsvette

amsvette

34 GAZ, you are awesome. Thank you very much!