Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 wagon update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldrat, Jul 4, 2008.

1. 1oldrat

1oldrat

I finally got back to the wagon.Here's a pic of what I did this afternoon.I'm going to install new half floors.Then it goes to the body shop.I think I'll paint it black with an india ivory roof.More pics to follow.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

cool. i like your idea with the colors. let's see some pics when it's done.

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice looking wagon

4. lookin good ..

5. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Here are some updated pics of the car.It was in a "profressional" body shop for 2 years.I traded a tubbed 65 nova for a complete rust repair and body job.I finally got pissed after alot of promises and no work getting done.Well I blew up and did some threatening and got a little done.I was told it was ready for paint.To make a long story short I took the car home contacted a lawyer and made some demands for money back or legal action.Well I got a good buddy to work on the body and in a month its ready to be blocked out and ready for paint.This is a month of working on it after work.And he had to fix everything the pro shop did.(WHAT A MESS).Here are some pics of the progress.

Attached Files:

6. Attached Files:

7. T-Roy

T-Roy

KooL! You still planning on the black with ivory roof? That's exactly the colors I was talking to my wife about painting my wagon someday... Hope all turns out OK regarding the previous deal with the body shop.

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

keep us posted

9. 409 Bob

409 Bob

Cool Ride! My '56 had a hole in the roof and no floor, so I cut'em out!

409 Bob

Attached Files:

10. Butch M

Butch M

glad you got it back lookin good now good luck. love them wagon's

Attached Files:

11. Man,I feel your pain,,my story is very near the same with the exception of the guy kept my wagon 3 years and didn't really accomplish anything,,

Good to see it taking shape,,I know how good that feels,,keep us posted. HRP

12. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

looks good i glad it went to a good home

13. looking great !

14. X2 on the "I feel your pain". Body shop limbo I call it. Now I have a trusted friend finishing my '57 after a so called pro shop screwed me around. Didn't loose enough $ to go the lawer route and was leary of getting bled dry by the legal system. Love the 2 door 210 wagon and glad ya got it back. 409 Bob: what's the deal with the tailgate on yours? Factory setup? Cool!

15. 409 Bob

409 Bob

To chevy57dude:
    The back door is an another economic modification. They didn't make tailgate return cables and springs back when I built this. It is the original tailgate and window welded together hinged with '40 Chevy truck hinges. I've had some know-it-all's tell me it came like that! I always say, "How come it opens the wrong way to the curb?" One guy actually said, "England?" It's a hoot. We even have a Buick "Sport Wagon" emblem on the back.
    409 Bob

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Bit of a 56 Wagon fan myself.

17. I always liked the black with white top,,,this is a photo of a friends car,,been on the road for a long time,, HRP

[​IMG]

18. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Now that's pretty neat with the swingout "door". You should make a conversion kit; us tri-five nuts will buy almost anything. Now, about that 55 front end.....................Butch/56sedandelivery.

19. 1oldrat

1oldrat

The underside is done.It's ready for some block sanding now.It's starting to look like something.

Attached Files:

20. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Thats gonna look great in black with the ivory top!

21. hemifarris

hemifarris

Huh?

22. sololobo

sololobo

Now you are cookin bro! Man its on the go, great work. I also dig your tu-tone choice. Another wagon freak here. ~Sololobo~

Attached Files:

23. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Git 'er done , Chad !

24. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Color change.I decded to go 69 camaro hugger orange.

25. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I have a similar experience, except the shop that my truck is setting in with nothing getting done is my own...

Cool car.

Brian

26. cheveey57

cheveey57

Did the body man talk you out of the black paint? It wouldn't surprise me because black cars metal have to be laser straight.

27. 1oldrat

1oldrat

The body man I had talked himself out of me ever doing business or sending him business.I changed my mind.I always had a thing for orange.I had a 72 cutlass that was orange.The underneath is all done.Now it's on to the firewall,than start blocking it out.

28. 1oldrat

1oldrat

The firewall is done and the front suspension is done.I had to replace the frame horns.2-3 weeks than it's off to get painted.It's starting to look like something now.

Attached Files:

29. mine is far from yours, looks great !

30. Looking good! Glad I got to see it in person when I picked up the Cragars. Sorry, I don't have that rear glass for you.